TableTennisDaily visit andro Kids Open 2015

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Hey all,

On the 21st August 2015, TableTennisDaily visited the 26th andro Kids Open, held in Düsseldorf, Germany. The prestigious kids tournament has over 1500 participants, it is spectacular with 82 tables. The junior TableTennisDaily team played in the under 11, 12 and 13 category.

Results, pictures and videos are posted below.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Great day coaching the TableTennisDaily junior team at the andro Kids Open! The boys lost in the last 16 of the team event. The singles event begins tomorrow!

androkidsopen20151.JPG

This user has no status.
That's great Dan! Tomorrow two of my kids will be there as well (Not my kids as in children and parent but I'm their coach. A rather important note :D). They'll also play in the singles event. Unfortunately I can't attend the event myself since I will be playing a tournament myself that same day.
Maybe I'll come around in the afternoon. Would be really cool if I could meet such a Super Star like you ;) In Düsseldorf I know of a really good place to grab a Döner Kebab :D
Anyway, I wish you and your boys best of luck.

Cheers,
Blue

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
That's great Dan! Tomorrow two of my kids will be there as well (Not my kids as in children and parent but I'm their coach. A rather important note :D). They'll also play in the singles event. Unfortunately I can't attend the event myself since I will be playing a tournament myself that same day.
Maybe I'll come around in the afternoon. Would be really cool if I could meet such a Super Star like you ;) In Düsseldorf I know of a really good place to grab a Döner Kebab :D

Cheers,
Blue

Hey Blue!

Good luck to your boys in the tournament. If you are around give me a shout will be awesome to have a chat :)

The boys i'm coaching are through to the main draw on Sunday which is good, hope yours are doing well and having fun! :)

Catch up soon !

If you have some videos from the kids competition please post it here . Thank you !
Is there a web site where we can see the results online or maybe some videos ?

I will be sharing a mini documentary from the tournament next week :) I think results are posted here: http://www.borussia-duesseldorf.com...view/article/andro-kids-open-21-23082015.html

Reactions: luci_rac and Suga D
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews

Cheers,
Blue

Döner Kebab For the WIN.

This user has no status.
LOL How crazy are you Germans about table-tennis

Well some are really crazy :p (Allthough my opinion ist that every single TT-Player has lost their marbles :D)
But I am outright insane! What do you think has happened?
Exactly! I went to another tournament today :D
I'm still not home and my legs are dying. They have to be the heaviest legs in the world :D

Döner Kebab For the WIN.
Ahhhh a big THUMBS UP! Seems like somebody nows how to appreciate the deliciousness of this kind of quality food! :D
If one day you are in the very West of Germany (Ruhrgebiet and Rheinland) and are desperate to know where you can find the best Döner Kebab you know who might be the right man for the job ;)

- BLUE

Reactions: Suga D and Dan

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Dan and BLUE @ andro Kids Open
View attachment 7973

Hey Blue great to meet you last weekend! Awesome pic! :)

What a tournament, so much fun, so many kids were inspired and I think this event will make them completely addicted to table tennis for the rest of their life's!! Lets hope we can pull through our plan of a TTD reunion at the World Championships in 2017! :D

Reactions: Suga D

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Here are some pictures of the event, the boys I coached are TableTennisDaily's:

Louis Price and Stan Shilton. Louis gained a bronze in the under 12 category and Stan reached the quarter finals in the under 13 event!

androkidsopen1.jpg

androkidsopen2.jpg

androkidsopen3.jpg

androkidsopen4.jpg

androkidsopen5.jpg

androkidsopen6.jpg

androkidsopen7.jpg

androkidsopen8.jpg

androkidsopen9.jpg

androkidsopen10.jpg

androkidsopen11.jpg

androkidsopen12.jpg

androkidsopen13.jpg

androkidsopen14.jpg

androkidsopen15.jpg

androkidsopen16.jpg

androkidsopen17.jpg

androkidsopen18.jpg

androkidsopen19.jpg

androkidsopen20.jpg

androkidsopen27.JPG

androkidsopen21.jpg

androkidsopen22.jpg

androkidsopen23.jpg

androkidsopen24.jpg

androkidsopen25.jpg

androkidsopen26.jpg

says Youtube channel...
says Youtube channel...
Dec 2012
Read 7 reviews
Awesome video Dan, really liked it!

It reminded me about how much fun those kind of trips were always when I still played actively. Lots of people, good matches and great atmosphere - what could be better for young kids playing the sport :)

P.S. The music couldn't have been better for this video :) Tobu is always a great choice!

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Awesome video Dan, really liked it!

It reminded me about how much fun those kind of trips were always when I still played actively. Lots of people, good matches and great atmosphere - what could be better for young kids playing the sport :)

P.S. The music couldn't have been better for this video :) Tobu is always a great choice!

Hey ES, thanks I am glad you liked it :)

Totally I agree with you, going on the trip myself reminded me of the great times I use to have when travelling to camps etc. Haha yes thanks for the inspiration, I love Tobu music!

Reactions: Pongfinity

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
In case you haven´t seen this yet.

Wow that is very nicely made! I met the media dude behind this video. A cool guy he also does the marketing for Borussia Dusseldorf club I believe to. Good memories at andro Kids Open!