which division shall I play in my local league?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Read 2 reviews
I have been playing TT for 2 years, and made good progress so far. The new season is starting, and I am not sure which division I should choose to maximize my progress. Here is roughly my win rate:

1. Against an average division one player, I have 20%-30% chance to win.
2. Against an average division two player, I have 70%-80% chance to win.

Would like to hear what you think.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Which league you playing?
Is that a strong league?

I suggest you start with Division 2 just to build confidence back and maybe consistency as you will not be rushed to play shots against weaker players and occasionally play Division 1 to see if you will be ready against stronger players next season.
Remember match play is much much different from practice games as you'll end up playing many different styles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vvk1
This user has no status.
You should play in the 2-nd division. 20%-30% is too low. Try to think yourself: You will win ~2-3 matches from 10, or 4-6 from 20 (7-8 losses, or 14-16 losses). You should play in the 1st division if a team have no other player to play, so at least they will get some points.

In the 2nd division, you will be a leader who can lead a team to the 1st division. (You will play many matches, not sit in reserve).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Read 2 reviews
Which league you playing?
Is that a strong league?

I suggest you start with Division 2 just to build confidence back and maybe consistency as you will not be rushed to play shots against weaker players and occasionally play Division 1 to see if you will be ready against stronger players next season.
Remember match play is much much different from practice games as you'll end up playing many different styles.

I play in Staines' league in Surrey, UK. The division one is quite strong with some good players in it. I think I will play in division 2 next season to build up confidence. I am still learning Penhold reverse backhand and I rarely have chance to use it against good players.