says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
The Czech Open World Tour begins on the 26th August and concludes on the 30th August 2015. This Major World Tour event will take place in the city of Olomouc. World number 10 Marcos Fretias has entered the men's singles as the number 1 seed.

This will be a great event with lots of players looking to clinch the title. The Chinese and Europe's Timo Boll and Dimitrij Ovtcharov are not present, who will take the title? The top 5 all look strong.

Total number of entries so far is: 295

Czech Open Main Draw

Coming soon

Live matches from the Czech Open can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has playback on demand with integrated chat with TableTennisDaily members!

Portugal's Marcos Freitas, the World #10 has entered the Czech Open as the #1 seed.

marcosfreitasczechopen2015.jpg

Marcos Freitas no.1 seed - Photo by: ITTF

Men's Singles Seeds

patrickfranziska2015.jpg

Germany's Patrick Franziska enters the Czech Open as the #12 seed - Photo by: Schilling

01) Marcos Freitas
02) Tang Peng
03) Wong Chun Ting
04) Tiago Apolonia
05) Maharu Yoshimura
06) Jung Youngsik
07) Lee Sangsu
08) Patrick Baum
09) Yuto Muramatsu
10) Masataka Morizono
11) Joao Monterio
12) Patrick Franziska
13) Li Ping
14) Ruwen Filus
15) Kim Minseok
16) Andrej Gacina
17) Kenta Matsudaira
18) Simon Gauzy
19) Steffen Mengel
20) Omar Assar

Women Singles Seeds

kasumiishikawaczechopen2015.jpg

Kasumi Ishikawa enters the China Open as the #1 seed - Photo by: ITTF

01) Kasumi Ishikawa
02) Feng Tianwei
03) Ai Fukuhara
04) Ito Mima
05) Hyowon Seo
06) Han Ying
07) Doo Hoi Kem
08) Yang Haeun
09) Liu Jia
10) Li Jiao
11) Elizabeta Samara
12) Miu Hirano
13) Jeon Jihee
14) Georgina Pota
15) Li Jie
16) Shan Xiaona
17) Jiang Huajun
18) Yu Mengyu
19) Yuka Ishigaki
20) Petrissa Solja

For full player entries of the Czech Open click here.

Live matches from the Czech Open can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has playback on demand with integrated chat with TableTennisDaily members!

We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from Czech Open! Can number 1 seed Marcos Freitas prove his seeding. Many players are now preparing for the upcoming Rio 2016 Olympics, this tournament will see some great battles as always! Who are you voting to win? Perhaps the strong Korean team of Jung Youngsik, Lee Sang Su and Kim Min Seok can make a dent in the draw. Japan's Maharu Yoshimura, Yuto Muramatsu and Masataka Morizono will be looking to take the title. Germany's Patrick Baum and Patrick Franziska, Ruwen Filus and Steffen Mengel will all be looking to make their way to the finals. It sure is a strong tournament when the number 17 seed is Kenta Matsudaira!

So, what are you predictions from each event?

Reactions: Suga D
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
I hope to see Wong Chun Ting advance far. :L
Ofc, Jung Youngsik, Marcos Freitas or Maharu Yoshimura (as well as some of the others, Lee Sangsu maybe) can be highly challenging for him.
Never seen him against Tang Peng (only with, in doubles lol), both would probably have to make the finals or semi-finals to meet.
Maybe Ito Mima can take the womens side too.
So, Looking forward to this despite the fact there are no Chinese playing.:eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: TableTennisDaily
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Congratulation to WCT for beating the up rising Oshima Yuya 4:2. He has greatly improve his RPB after training in China. Oshima had pick the wrong tactic against his BH. Probably he will not meet Maharu to prove himself this time, who had beaten him 4:0 in their last encounter. Love to see how far they both can go in this tournament. And don't forget Aruna. What a fighter!

Administrator
Oct 2010
The Czech Open is now into the last 16 stages!

Live @ 1.10pm GMT here: http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/ittfstream.php?do=ittf

Men's Singles:

Marcos Freitas vs Yuto Muramatsu
Daniel Gorak vs Jung Youngsik
Maharu Yoshimura vs Aleksander Karakasevic
Par Gerell vs Adrien Mattenet
Wong Chun Ting vs Lars Hielscher
Andrej Gacina vs Lee Sangsu
Quadri Aruna vs Masataka Morizono
Cho Eonrae vs Simon Gauzy

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Congratulation to WCT for beating the up rising Oshima Yuya 4:2. He has greatly improve his RPB after training in China. Oshima had pick the wrong tactic against his BH. Probably he will not meet Maharu to prove himself this time, who had beaten him 4:0 in their last encounter. Love to see how far they both can go in this tournament. And don't forget Aruna. What a fighter!

How much I wish to see my two favourite players facing each other in the semi but too bad Aruna blew it after a comfortable lead. Lee almost caught up with WCT but WCT did not give up under pressure this time. May be it is too much to ask for but I am wishing for a WCT Maharu rematch in the final. Anything is possible after today!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Wong is arguably the second best penholder on the tour. I just wish his forehand is as good as his backhand, which is strange to say about a penholder.

And Lee and Jung made it far but neither of them is a top ten level player. In fact, there are none on the Korean team. No longer are they the second best team in the world. I would say fourth or fifth.

Reactions: BeGo
Administrator
Oct 2010
Men's Semi Finals

Marcos Fretias vs Maharu Yoshimura
Wong Chun Ting vs Simon Gauzy

Women's Semi Finals

Tie Yana vs Jeon Jihee
Ai Fukuhara vs Han Ying

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Anyone count how many rallies are there in Gerell vs Mattenet when 10:10 in 7th game? Amazing!

Hard fight all the way for both to 17:15. Congrats Gerell.

Apparently the rally was 92 balls long. That's quite a feat for two attackers to achieve.
I really think we need a video of that point

I really want to watch this rally as I heard about it from a friend who is live at the tournament. I cannot see it in the ITTF Lvie Stream player. The point was streamed on table 1 right?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
I really want to watch this rally as I heard about it from a friend who is live at the tournament. I cannot see it in the ITTF Lvie Stream player. The point was streamed on table 1 right?

Here's a video of the point. Initially it's in the background to the left, but after a while the photographer switches focus to Gerell/Mattenet. Quality isn't great, but it's better than nothing.

Hopefully a video taken from a better angle will surface in the future.
Anyway, here you go :)

Last edited: