Lightweight rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Hi im new to this forum and am looking for a lightweight rubber with good control and spin.
Im currently using tenergy 05 for bh and r7 for fh on a TSP black balsa 05 blade
The blade is light but rubbers are heavy
Im thinking of trying cornilleau target sound 37,5.
Has anyone tried it? Or does anyone any good lightweight rubber to recommend?
Many thanks

This user has no status.
In my search for lighter rubbers (due to a heavy blade) I found no benefit from the factors that makes a rubber lighter.
A thinner or more pourus sponge affects play to much imo, making those few extra grams not worth the tradeoff.

Id go with what works on the blade and try to balance the blade with a beast-mod (serch this forum) if the head becomes to heavy with the rubbers you like. But that is just me..

Hitting the gym also helps! ;)

Hope you find what your looking for!

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
tenergy FX

Hi

try 05 FX Tenergy is lighter

Hi im new to this forum and am looking for a lightweight rubber with good control and spin.
Im currently using tenergy 05 for bh and r7 for fh on a TSP black balsa 05 blade
The blade is light but rubbers are heavy
Im thinking of trying cornilleau target sound 37,5.
Has anyone tried it? Or does anyone any good lightweight rubber to recommend?
Many thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Thanks everyone for your replies. I really like tenergy 05 and rakza 7 cos they have good spin and high throw angles, but my wrist is weak due to a disability (im a para athelete) so im looking to reduce the weight of the rubbers. I mostly play close to the table so need good control as well. Thanks once again

says Aging is a killer
What overall weight is the OP aiming for?

My TBS with T05 and T25FX is 182g. With 2x T05 I would expect that to increase by no more than a couple of grams.
Mark you, that missing patch is probably good for 2 grams or so.

TBS.jpg

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Have you tried Joola express 1 and 2 they are very light rubbers. Also if you want a light bat you also need to change your blade to a light one with a small
Head Size.

Just a suggestion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Thanks for all the suggestions. Im currently using TSP black balsa 05 all+. It weighs 68g so its very light but with the rubbers the total weight is 170g. I dont have a specific overall weight in mind just want lighter rubbers without compromising performance so that the bat wouldnt be so top heavy.
Xiom vega europe seems to be highly recommended.
Thanks all once again.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Im currently using TSP black balsa 05 all+. It weighs 68g so its very light but with the rubbers the total weight is 170g. I dont have a specific overall weight in mind just want lighter rubbers without compromising performance so that the bat wouldnt be so top heavy.
Xiom vega europe seems to be highly recommended.
Thanks all once again.

With Palio AK47 Blue your bat will be 148 gr.
Rakza 7 FH + AK47 BH about 160 gr.

Reactions: Simas
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
Read 5 reviews
I had a issues with my wrist too and I was forced to play with balsa blade.... until I changed my handle from st to fl and blade to Maze alc which isn`t head heavy at all. So i suggest that you try to find an even balnaced blade and you don’t need to worry so much about rubber weight. Head heavyness is worst thing when it comes to a wrist issues. But if you do need to play with light weight set up I would go for Stiga boost TC.