What is the Best 40+ Plastic Ball

Sure, come visit sg and lets have good game and ill give you my bty, sha and dhs but not the xsf and np [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk
Cool, I'll be there whenever free.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: HappySpinner
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Here is the case:

People around me always say that Nittaku 40+ Premium is a good plastic ball, hence I gave it a try.
After 2 hours of stroke and matches, I lose a vital point when the opponent hit and 'splatted' the ball to my side of the table.

So my journey to find other better platic ball began.

Any idea for that?

If you willing to buy in bulk, 120 balls a shipment, you may find it a great profit for you to buy from Minkow china factory.

HTB1sTN6IpXXXXaVXpXXq6xXFXXXV.jpg

Good news. Chinese factory does take more humility of their trading rules..
You are now required the minimum of 120 balls to purchase, not 500.
Pleasing price as before 0.5 usd.
I like this china factory friendly attitude on trading overseas. Hopefully kingnik product to have grown in popularity worldwide.

Reactions: urbanzakapa
If you willing to buy in bulk, 120 balls a shipment, you may find it a great profit for you to buy from Minkow china factory.

HTB1sTN6IpXXXXaVXpXXq6xXFXXXV.jpg

Good news. Chinese factory does take more humility of their trading rules..
You are now required the minimum of 120 balls to purchase, not 500.
Pleasing price as before 0.5 usd.
I like this china factory friendly attitude on trading overseas. Hopefully kingnik product to have grown in popularity worldwide.
Are those plastic ball?
Do u know how much will that be including postage to Southampton UK?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Sure, come visit sg and lets have good game and ill give you my bty, sha and dhs but not the xsf and np [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

Hahaha. Nice one.

Sent from my OuterSpacePhone using TroubleMakerTalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Here is the case:

People around me always say that Nittaku 40+ Premium is a good plastic ball, hence I gave it a try.
After 2 hours of stroke and matches, I lose a vital point when the opponent hit and 'splatted' the ball to my side of the table.

So my journey to find other better platic ball began.

Any idea for that?

Hey urbanzakapa :)

You can have a look at this thread. It may be helpful :) http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?10404-Which-poly-ball-should-you-choose

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
The XuShaoFa has been the best reviewed plastic ball to date. It seems to have the most favourable bounce and a comparatively reasonable level of durability compared to the others.

In terms of the seamless ball it's hard to get past the Nittaku Premium, it's just much better than the others on all levels. It really feels like they have done their best to give it some kind of celluloid feel to it.

All levels???????

Be careful what you read. The seamless balls are better than Nittaku Premium on the following three levels: (1) durability, (2) price, and (3) availability. At the moment there is no doubt about these facts. I may not be selling these balls, but I have played with each of them extensively, with very very large sample sizes, for 19 months. Nittaku Premium do not last as long as seamless on average, they are far more expensive, and for most of the last year they have been very hard to find. I have managed to acquire a pretty good supply by buying as many as various vendors would allow on brief windows of time when they were not back ordered. Often, the limit was four boxes. The costs of shipping I have had to pay have added to the very high price. For months on end, they could not be purchased anywhere, including vendors in Japan. Maybe, this is getting better. We will see.

I personally like the playing properties of Nittaku Premium 40+ the best and I believe they are closest to celluloid (which is why I was willing to pay a super-premium price, plus shipping). But if you look around the web, not everybody shares my opinion that these are the nicest to play with. Some people think they are too hard (like little rocks), and some complain they can't spin them as well. (I completely disagree with the spin comment and can't figure out how it could possibly be true, but for whatever reason, several people are getting that impression-- and they don't like the balls). A lot of your opinion of a Nittaku ball will depend on what you are used to.

So I am just pointing out that vendors do not necessarily have the most accurate information. In this case, TT11, one of the best value vendors in the world, is making a statement that is not true (the part that Nittaku Premimum is better on all levels).

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
All levels???????

Be careful what you read. The seamless balls are better than Nittaku Premium on the following three levels:

Be careful what you read. :)

Nah. Baal, I could be wrong but you may have misinterpreted that statement. I read it that he has already said, overall the seamless ball, taking account of everything including bounce, durability, playing qualities, consistency, is the best.

Then he says "In terms of seamless balls..." But I think he meant seamed balls. Because Nittaku Premium is not seamless. And I think he is comparing the seamed Nittaku Premium to "all the others" meaning all the other seamed balls. I don't think he is including the actual seamless balls in that phrase "all the others".

So, I read his statement as basically meaning this:

1) Seamless is overall the best.

2) Of the seamed balls there is the Nittaku Premium and then everything else is not worth talking about.

I think that is what he was actually saying. I could be wrong. But that is how I interpreted it. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Baal
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Carl, You might be right actually. Upon re-reading several times, now I can't quite tell what the TT11 person is saying. For sure NP40+ is better than any other plastic ball with a seam in it. So if that is what he is saying, than I totally agree. If he is saying that NP40+ is better than all other plastic balls on all levels, he is wrong. I thought that is what he meant, now I think maybe your interpretation is the right one. I have to also say that it is an easy mistake to make, to write seamless when you mean seamed, and vice versa. I have done it a bunch of time. So if I misinterpreted what TT11 said, my apologies.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 34 reviews
All levels???????

Be careful what you read. The seamless balls are better than Nittaku Premium on the following three levels: (1) durability, (2) price, and (3) availability. At the moment there is no doubt about these facts. I may not be selling these balls, but I have played with each of them extensively, with very very large sample sizes, for 19 months. Nittaku Premium do not last as long as seamless on average, they are far more expensive, and for most of the last year they have been very hard to find. I have managed to acquire a pretty good supply by buying as many as various vendors would allow on brief windows of time when they were not back ordered. Often, the limit was four boxes. The costs of shipping I have had to pay have added to the very high price. For months on end, they could not be purchased anywhere, including vendors in Japan. Maybe, this is getting better. We will see.

I personally like the playing properties of Nittaku Premium 40+ the best and I believe they are closest to celluloid (which is why I was willing to pay a super-premium price, plus shipping). But if you look around the web, not everybody shares my opinion that these are the nicest to play with. Some people think they are too hard (like little rocks), and some complain they can't spin them as well. (I completely disagree with the spin comment and can't figure out how it could possibly be true, but for whatever reason, several people are getting that impression-- and they don't like the balls). A lot of your opinion of a Nittaku ball will depend on what you are used to.

So I am just pointing out that vendors do not necessarily have the most accurate information. In this case, TT11, one of the best value vendors in the world, is making a statement that is not true (the part that Nittaku Premimum is better on all levels).

More a case of be careful what you type. Thanks for pointing to that post so I could alter it. Was making a comparison of the NP to the rest of the seamed balls not the seamless, but wrote seamless instead of seamed. Have edited now.

Apologies for the error and thank you for that Baal!

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Actually if I had read more carefully I would have figured out what TT11 meant by context.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have made that same mistake calling seamed balls seamless balls. Glad we are all on the same page now. Good job sorting things out.

And it seems like we are all in agreement about something:

There are the seamless balls and they are good.

There is the Nittaku Premium and that is good.

And then everything else goes in the trash can. Or, at least until we get the opportunity to try the Butterfly G ball from the Weiner factory in Germany to see if they were able to sort out how to make a seamed poly ball that plays like a ball instead of an egg.

Last edited:
I have made that same mistake calling seamed balls seamless balls. Glad we are all on the same page now. Good job sorting things out.

And it seems like we are all in agreement about something:

There are the seamless balls and they are good.

There is the Nittaku Premium and that is good.

And then everything else goes in the trash can. Or, at least until we get the opportunity to try the Butterfly G ball from the Weiner factory in Germany to see if they were able to sort out how to make a seamed poly ball that plays like a ball instead of an egg.
But logically speaking there is no seamless ball isn't it? Because I can still see the seam on a plastic ball.

Wait, is plastic ball a seamless ball?

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
XSF etc. truly have no seams. They are truly seamless because their manufacturing process is radically different from what was used for celluloid. Nittaku Japan 40+ have seams but they are very small and hard to see. They use some new method to put the two halves of the ball together and they have a unique and harder plastic.

The other balls made in China (DHS, DF, etc.) all have large seams. It seems they are made pretty much the same way celluloid balls were made, only with a different material (that doesn't bounce very high).

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yep. The XSF 40+ seamless poly balls are really seamless. It is cool to look at the inside when the break. And they break very differently than the celluloid balls or the seamed poly balls break. I still can't fully wrap my mind around how they make them seamless. But they do. The seamless balls are really the best ones in terms of the combination of play, durability, price and availability.

But the Nittaku Premium balls are are worth trying to get bit of a supply even though they cost too much and are hard to get your hands on.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Hi all, I'm a newcomer here.

In my humble opinion, I've tried various 40+ balls. The China brands, Donic and double fish balls ( was claimed as from same factory), double happiness. So far the most brittle and uncertain ball trajectory is double happiness. The best so far is the seamless, considering xushaofa is much more cheap and last so long, it can be said as best buy rather than Nittaku Premium. Haha nittaku premium buyer also afraid their balls to be stolen while training. Always happened!

Please correct if I'm wrong yg guys!

Sent from my vivo Xplay3S using Tapatalk