Evolution MX-P with Virtuoso + or V'King

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thanx for the quick answer. I can just imagine how crazy fast AND spinny it must be in max.

If I ever buy a sheet, it would be 1.7 or 1.9.

The funny thing is, after Tenergy and Victas, this stuff does not feel fast. To me it feels a little slower than either of those. But the spin and the arc on the ball that you get is unreal.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The jury is out. I have found out what I wanted to. The results are not what I expected.

The V'King plays awesome with the MX-P rubber. You can feel the blade really well and it feels great. The V'King feels as good with the MX-P as it did with Victas and Tenergy. However, even though the feeling was better on the V'King, increase in control, dwell and spin on the Virtuoso + makes it so I am going to put the rubber back on my V+ and keep it there.

So, even though the blade doesn't feel as special with the MX-P on it, it still plays amazing. So I am going to go with that.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Question: these rubbers are in the same pricerange as yasaka rakza and stiga boost... Are they about the same in performance?

To me, they feel like they generate more spin than anything I have felt and they seem to have really good control provided your contact is good.

Reactions: Liten
This user has no status.
To me, they feel like they generate more spin than anything I have felt and they seem to have really good control provided your contact is good.

And speed is good? The ratings on TTDB looks real nice.

As im looking to equip the new(old) banda with some rubbers, there is 3 ways one can go.
The "I got all the cash in the world Tenergy road"
The "I whant tenergy but cant afford it Yasaka,Tibhar?,Stiga road"
Or the "Monty Python - I like chinese DHS,Yinhe road"..

Real happy with how the blade and the Rakza rubbers perform, but whant to try something else. (Don't whant copies)
The Rakza 9 and Rising Dragon is one safe combo.
Your Tibhar Evo MX-P looks like one alternative.
A simple DHS H3 neo / Yinhe Big Dipper setup for the financially pressed Liten.... looks... different... :)

Ah well.. on to the real question: How was the V'King!!! Pics pics pics! :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Be warned though Liten, it is really good, but it is the heaviest rubber I think I have tried. I think it is heavier than H3. To me, weight is not an issue. And it may be worth the extra weight. But for someone who doesn't like extra weight, it might be a problem.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
To reduce weight, use 2.0mm. That was my solution for MX-S and it is helps a lot. You only need thick sponge for counterlooping and blocking at the highest levels - the gain at lower levels is not as much as you might think if the sponge is hard.

I also have a practice head heavy blade where I glue on 4 sheets (2 on each side) of a cheap heavy rubber for shadow swinging.

Last edited:
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
The one downside I see with MX-P is the weight. It doesn't bother me. But it feels a lot heavier than Victas or T05! That means heavy.

As far as the V+ compared to KJH blade. KJH has a lighter handle which puts the balance into the head. The feeling is refined and not overstated. Not a big crunch and bite feeling on the ball but a more subtle snap and grab feeling. The pitch is a bit higher and brighter than the V+.

The V+, on the other hand, has much more weight in the handle. It has a deeper, darker sound, almost evil. On contact you get a giant crunch as it bites into the ball. There is nothing subtle about the feeling.

But they both have a similar amount of dwell, spin and control. Perhaps the V+ gets a slight amount more spin and dwell.

Be warned though Liten, it is really good, but it is the heaviest rubber I think I have tried. I think it is heavier than H3. To me, weight is not an issue. And it may be worth the extra weight. But for someone who doesn't like extra weight, it might be a problem.

With the Adidas combo vs Bluefire combo I found it much easier to exectute strokes with the adidas as it was lighter and easier to move around (+I liked the touch of the adidas rubbers more). MX-P or Mx-S does both seem very tempting but if I were to get one for my fh, I would (probably) need a lighter rubber for my bh as in penhold a too heavy blade is a con (more than for shakehand at least) if you're not trained enough for it. (Also had issues with my elbow lately so yea)

According to your description (which I had to read a couple times before partly understanding haha), I might be slightly pointing towards the Virtuso+ if I were to buy one. I also usually prefer darker pinches lol.
Though what exactly do you mean by subtle feeling? I have not had too many encounters with that word.

"Difficult to understand" "2. Able to make fine distinctions: a subtle mind." "3. Operating in a hidden, usually injurious way; insidious: a subtle poison." http://www.thefreedictionary.com/subtle

"The feeling is refined and not overstated." "subtle snap and grab feeling" does this indicate it's not unqiue (oposite?) or very hard to describe? This might sound stupid, but I'm having some issues trying to imagine it. xD

Last edited:
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
Kaizoku,

I will repeat myself - get the rubber in 2.0mm.

Can anyone tell that the rubber I am using here is 2.0mm MX-S? By the way, my opponent is using MX-P in max on his forehand:

I see, I sent my message before I noticed yours. [emoji14]
But, In other words you're recomending 2 mm Mx-S? Or either of them? Your oponent was using MX-P max as a penholder, why did he prefer mx-p ahead of Mx-S as a penholder? Just curious.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I see, I sent my message before I noticed yours. [emoji14]
But, In other words you're recomending 2 mm Mx-S? Or either of them? Your oponent was using MX-P max as a penholder, why did he prefer mx-p ahead of Mx-S as a penholder? Just curious.

He was a T05 user and wanted a T05 substitute. He did try my MX-S and felt that the sponge hardness would be a challenge for his away from the table game where MX-S provides less catapult. He is not the usual penholder if you watch the match - penhold just supports the game he likes to play.

And yes, I am recommending 2.0 mm MX-P. I have used it before and it was heavy enough that if I used it vs T05 in max, I wouldn't know the difference.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
This definition for subtle would work: so delicate or precise as to be hard to analyze or describe.

The feeling from the V+ is pretty in your face. You feel a big crunch that is hard to miss or ignore.

The feeling from the KJH is really nice but not as up front. It is more delicate, more precise as well.

Reactions: Kaizoku
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
So, now it seems that the rubber broke in a bit and the wood feels good on the Virtuoso+ with the Evolution MX-P rubber on it.

Sent from my OuterSpacePhone using TroubleMakerTalk

Can you feel it, Can you feel it, Can you feel it!!!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Can you feel it, Can you feel it, Can you feel it!!!

To me that is the most important question. That feel of the rubber getting deformed. Or when you dig into a drive, that feeling of the wood.

Sent from my OuterSpacePhone using TroubleMakerTalk