Wang Hao caught boosting rubber!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
Wang Hao can be seen boosting in these screen shots from a TV show in China. You can see the curl of the blue sponge rubber Wang Hao is gluing on.

WangHaoBoost.jpg

wanghaoboost2.jpg

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
lol not really big news everyone knows the whole CNT boost their hurricane, that stuff is unplayable without it haha

I remember a picture of Ma Lin with a giant bottle of sunflower oil which apparently they were boosting with at the time. The ITTF posted it saying the CNT had just gone food shopping. It was probably a 5 litre bottle, I thought yeaaa...that's for cooking alright haha

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
lol not really big news everyone knows the whole CNT boost their hurricane, that stuff is unplayable without it haha

I remember a picture of Ma Lin with a giant bottle of sunflower oil which apparently they were boosting with at the time. The ITTF posted it saying the CNT had just gone food shopping. It was probably a 5 litre bottle, I thought yeaaa...that's for cooking alright haha

Sheesh! And you'd think they'd have the sense to use sesame oil! Then it would have that authentic Chinese food taste!

Reactions: Kaizoku
This user has no status.
I just boosted my year old h3 neo with baby oil and wanted to share my ecperience.

2 weeks ago i noticed the rubber coming of the blade, so i reglued it using lkt wbg. Playing for 2 weeks i realized it felt especislly dead, like i was hitting with without a rubber. 4 days a go i took it off and the rubber had a reverse dome of almost 2 inches. Someone somewhere commented online that the topsheet is glued onto the sponge after the tuning, which would explain the reverse dome due to dehydrated sponge.

So, friday night i apply a generous layer of baby oil to the sponge (the wbg was still on there so i didnt have to apply glue first), and saturday morning i noticed 0 doming. So, i applied one more layer and waited until monday night to reattach (i wanted to be ready tuesday, so i didnt do more than two layers, as baby oil takes a while to dry). Sunday morning, i had a dome of about 2 cms, very light, and about 1.5 cms come monday night. The rubber had stretched to and i had to recut!

Yesterday (tuesday), i got to hit with it and man, what a totally different beast. A lot more kick and spin then im used to (topsheet was tacky as ever so i didnt mess with it, just cleaned with water, and palm) and higher gears. The stretching of the topsheet felt like the rubber had more of a tensor effect. Def felt like the rubber was more lively then day one. Not quite used to it yet but looking forward to playing more! What a difference from a few drops of baby oil i got for a buck ($1 US) and a little patience. I went with store brand baby oil, as it was cheaper and the ingredients read 'mineral oil and fragrance' only.

I wonder now, for my next batch of h3/tg3, if i should use sunflower oil.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews

Haha good times Matt! I remember that picture very well!

For those who haven't seen it :)

attachment.php

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
There is only one proper way to boost:
Nitrous%20Oxide%202.jpg

Hahaha... Excellent :D

Those not knowing what that is might wonder how one can attach those cables to the rubber.

Little do they know that it's not meant for rubber boosting but instead for boosting the blade...

And of course those cables must get attached to the end of the handle.... ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo and Liten
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Seriously. I have NO idea if sunfloweroil actually would work.
It won't. The biggest secret in contemporary boosting is that the sunflower oil is just a smoke screen for the REAL boosters Ma Lin was carrying. The oil extracted from the daikon radish and ginger in the ASDA bag is hugely potent and powerful. It's what ALL CNT members - without exception - use and the reason why they're better than everybody else. :rolleyes:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
It won't. The biggest secret in contemporary boosting is that the sunflower oil is just a smoke screen for the REAL boosters Ma Lin was carrying. The oil extracted from the daikon radish and ginger in the ASDA bag is hugely potent and powerful. It's what ALL CNT members - without exception - use and the reason why they're better than everybody else. :rolleyes:

yes if we all do this we will be just as good as chinese national team easy :rolleyes: