NYISC Tournament November 1st Sunday 21015 in New York City

This user has no status.
NYISC Tournament November 1st Sunday 2015 in New York City

Hi there:D Me and my club would like to give a big Thanks to Dan and the Mods for creating a new sub forum called "Local and Club Tournaments". Like the name suggests this section is to promote our local clubs tournaments. I hope more members can use this section to announce there local tournaments. Hopefully this help spread the word and grow our clubs located all over the world. I will start off by promoting our upcoming November 1st 2 star USATT sanctioned tournament here in NYC. Please feel free to ask questions and leave comments. :)

NYISC (New York Indoor Sports Club) is having our monthly 2 star USATT sanctioned tournament on Sunday November 1st 2015. I am helping out my club and coach to spread the word. Hope to see some of my fellow TTD members show up to play, talk and have fun. I have provided a link to the PDF file and included a screen capture of the tournament entry form. I have joined the club for about 1 year now and welcome any questions. If i cannot answer them, i will ask the club owner and get the information to you if and when possible. Our club is very nice and is up to date with sports vinyl sport flooring, halogen lights and barriers. Our club also features a small indoor soccer/football court. Our club Our club sells gatorade and water. And for all the drinkers out there, our club has a beer license and serve Coronas. If you need more edibles, there is a local 7-11 around the corner. Hope to see you there. :D:D:D

NYISC main webpage (Watch the intro video and you will get a idea of the club.)
http://www.indoorsportsny.com

NYISC November 1st 2015 tournament pdf link
http://www.indoorsportsny.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/EntryForm-NYISC-November-2015.pdf

ScreenHunter_459 Sep. 14 14.05.jpg

Here is a video link to our Open Singles final match from August 2015 tournament featuring Gao Yanjun 2538 and (Jennifer) Yue Wu 2520. I am the good looking fellow flipping the scoreboard.:cool: I am learning to be a umpire, so i assisted that day.:D:D:D

Please note (Jennifer) Yue Wu is one of our players representing United States in the upcoming 2016 Rio Olympics and Gao Yanjun is ranked #48 in our U.S. Mens rating system. Jennifer trains at our facility on weekends and Gao Yanjun coaches at our club. Our Club has 5 high ranking coaches. Its very cool to watch them train and teach in person.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
... THE official venue of Der_Echte NYC Adventure V3.0

If you and NextLevel can come down for the tourney, we could be staging another hijinks adventure and I may have to get my butt out of the deep past and the Mesozoic Era to join in the fun.

Man these dinosaurs back here can play though. They were amazed to try modern equipment. Before I came along they were using clubs, rocks and slabs of granite and Ma Long's Personal H3 National Blue Sponge. Yeah, I know! I was trying to find out how they got the secret handshake too!!

Now they are using ZLCs, Kevlar, Tensors. But when they get mad they tend to eat their rackets. And they keep getting into arguments about whether Tenergy 05 is better for FH or T80. Or whether to use 05 MX-P or MX-S.

One joker keeps telling everybody to try his Galaxy 896 with a 90 million year old sheet of Aurus and 2008XP!

But I am having fun here.

Sent from MesozoicEra via TroubleMakerTimeWarp

Last edited:
This user has no status.
If you and NextLevel can come down for the tourney, we could be staging another hijinks adventure and I may have to get my butt out of the deep past and the Mesozoic Era to join in the fun.

Man these dinosaurs back here can play though. They were amazed to try modern equipment. Before I came along they were using clubs, rocks and slabs of granite and Ma Long's Personal H3 National Blue Sponge. Yeah, I know! I was trying to find out how they got the secret handshake too!!

Now they are using ZLCs, Kevlar, Tensors. But when they get mad they tend to eat their rackets. And they keep getting into arguments about whether Tenergy 05 is better for FH or T80. Or whether to use 05 MX-P or MX-S.

One joker keeps telling everybody to try his Galaxy 896 with a 90 million year old sheet of Aurus and 2008XP!

But I am having fun here.

Sent from MesozoicEra via TroubleMakerTimeWarp

Carl, can you get me a autograph from T-Rex. I am a big girly fan of his shortpips backhand. I heard short pips was popular back in the Mesozoic Era. And ask them what booster they use, inquiring minds want to know.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
Unfortunately, my club tournament is that weekend in Philly. Would definitely have planned on making the trip otherwise.

Yeah, i saw that too. We have to run the tournament with a USATT regional referee and that person is only available that Sunday. Hopefully we can get together soon and maybe even make a run down to DC or Philly :D

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Oh boy: the NYC Marathon, the hang over after watching all the hot women dressed in slutty--I mean sexy--costumes on Halloween....It looks like you guys have some logistical problems. I didn't think about that before.

Sent from the Oracle OfDelphi by the Pythia

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
Oh boy: the NYC Marathon, the hang over after watching all the hot women dressed in slutty--I mean sexy--costumes on Halloween....It looks like you guys have some logistical problems. I didn't think about that before.

Sent from the Oracle OfDelphi by the Pythia

The Big issue is from all the people feeling withdrawal symptoms from the Sugar induced highs...:cool:

This user has no status.
Did you know if you are rated under 2000 and enter the OPEN Singles event at our upcoming NYISC Nov 1st 2015 tournament. You only pay a discounted entry fee of $15 instead of the regular entry fee of $35. Now you can enter to have more bundles of fun and also a chance to play Top Caliber Pros that are rated 2500 & 2600
smiley4.gif

Throw yourself into the ring and see how well you do...Hee Hee Hee

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I played a former 2450 and a current 2200+ and a former England top 50 player today, no thanks, already got the bumps and bruises, on top of the painful hip and back injuries I have been nursing the last week, what bad luck.

I made Semis of Xiom Fall Open in the OPEN and advancing as #2 losing to the former 2400+ player, lost my Semis to the former England #50 who is still 2300 level, and lost to a 2200+ skilled guy in 3rd place run-off.

So all in ONE day, I been there, done that, and got hte free T-Shirt, but tourney costed $60 any way.

I however DID defeat the owner's son, who only last week defeated TWO 1900+ players and a 2050 player at MDTTC... so I did well to make semis and not get further injured.

Got U2000s Sunday and too bad I wasn't in the NYISC.

Xiom Fall Open 1.jpg

or we coulda had a group pic like this... The OFFICIAL venue of the tourney Back Pains is promoting.

NYISC1.jpg

This user has no status.
NYISC November 1st Open Singles Final

Jishan Liang 2650 vs Gal Alguetti 2447

Final 3-0

I was the handsome guy flipping the scoreboard...hee hee
smiley36.gif

Sorry, we had a intern who was too gung ho and used up all the battery charge in the camera and we lost the footage to the last couple of points. Lessoned learned.

We had a good turnout and Thank You all for showing up.

Last edited: