Which song(s) do you listen to before matchplay??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
As the topic says, which song(s) do you listen to, to get prepared for matchplay?

Like hugo calderano said he's listening to "the final countdown"

Lately i often listen to that trap song 'Badman' from the tropkillaz when i get ready for matchplay. And then the hookline "badman forward, badman pull up"gets stuck in my head and comes back during the match and i start "pulling" like there's no tomorrow.
:D
That song makes me go wild and still keep my cool at the same time and as well make me keep my natural rhythm.
:)

Now how about you? :)

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
For me it is a tossup between...

Kill the Poor, Let's Lynch the Landlord, Too Drunk to F$ck, Nazi Punks F$ck Off or RIOT

Kill the Poor

Too Drunk to...

Nazi Punk F-Off

RIOT

Oh wait a minute... is that Seo Hyo Won over there? Gotta go play Chopin Nocturns...

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
81ca9817f94486ac5a9cfb4ce5fa5647.jpg

So I never really thought about music with Table Tennis.

But back when I used to skate this song "Burn It Up" by Offsping was one of the things I used to listen to while getting ready for competitions.

It was easy to find just the video of the music but it goes so much better with the skating from this video. The song starts around 1:50 but the stuff that leads up to it from about 1:40 is pretty funny:

Sent from MountOlympus via Hermes'Caduceus

I used to listen to any instrumental song before any match. Just to calm my nerves.
But these days, I just watched any tournament on Youtube just to grab some extra idea on getting point while planning how to get my points.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: eyepop and Suga D
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
Classicals and instrumentals are bretty guid too. Nocturne is beautiful.
Canon In D (pachelbel?), River flows in you (Yiruma, maybe played a bit too much doe) or even Clair De Lune.. Sickest (or most complex/difficult?) Piano piece though, is Moonlight Sonata (no 14, op 27) 3rd movement.
For other instrumentals I'd probs go for dubchestral, this one is pretty sike/motivating.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Looks promising...

That's right. The goon squad is gonna try to ban Der_Echte from DC but he knows how to handle them goons. That is why I thought he would want to listen to Banned In DC by the Bad Brains.

Sent from TheDepthsOfTartarus via TheHouseOfHades

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Some of my go-to's when I'm on my way to a game, workout, or exam:

Two things that I'd consider slightly "different" but never fail to get me into the zone are Tiesto's Adagio for Strings and Forever Today:

Besides those, there are couple of "classics" that I don't think I have to link such as Em's Lose Yourself, Till I Collapse, Phenomenal or Fort Minor with Remember the Name.

Reactions: Suga D
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
For German thinking folk, I would say listening to "Vergangen, Vergessen, Voruber" since it is a good mentality to forget mistakes and move on.

That song has got to be one of the corniest old school songs one would never want to get caught listening to, but it has a lot of value.

Reactions: Suga D