Which song(s) do you listen to before matchplay??

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Wow, that's an amazing selection. Could have been mine.

However, I prefer a moment of quietude before matchplay, concentrating only on breathing for a minute or two. If that really doesn't help putting me in the now and here only, there's another Nocturne that helps me more:

... and there's Arvo Pärt:

… and Satie's Gnossiennes:

... and the Goldberg Variations:

After the match, I might pick myself up using:

... or:

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
I never listen to one particular song, but if I had to pick just one, I'd probably go for "Tired of Waiting" by Nomeansno. And since I usually go to my matches straight from work, which is a 10-minute walk, I'd add a couple of other random NMN songs to the playlist.

Woah, those don't come up very often!! Some cool songs in here.

Personally, maybe this:

Also, special mention to Suga_D for the mother of TT references... Freestyling on the block, now I chief rock! :cool:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
It depends on my mood. Sometimes I listen to baroque operas, sometimes soft pop, but most of the times I wanna fire up myself so metal. I am visual kei fan (so promotion comes) and these are my favourite speed up songs:

If I want something more oldschool the X Japan and either Kurenai or Dahlia. I am biased, but Yoshiki is one of the best drummers in the world. For the best result please watch the video, the spirit in their live concerts was phenomenal! Fast part begins at 1:35:

Instead of movie soundtrack I listen to Kamijo, whose voice is great. Yeah, it's very slushy-mushy (visual kei is slushy-mushy), but sometimes I have the mood for it. For the best results listen without visual input(not video, just music) in high-quality, max volume and let the overplayed vocal flow through your body.

If I need ULTIMATE POWER I choose Jupiter to give me B.L.A.S.T.!:

These are my matchplaying songs, but they doesn't represent my musical taste, as I mostly listen these when I need an adrenaline rush.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Woah, those don't come up very often!! Some cool songs in here.

Personally, maybe this:

Also, special mention to Suga_D for the mother of TT references... Freestyling on the block, now I chief rock! :cool:

My brain, so if it's gonna rain let it rain
I spook you with the hit, make you jump like House of Pain
Boogaloo boogaloo, shake and jump
And remember, remember, Chief Rocka won't front!
[EMOJI12]
A BIG super Like that you know this song.
Supercool!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
My brain, so if it's gonna rain let it rain
I spook you with the hit, make you jump like House of Pain
Boogaloo boogaloo, shake and jump
And remember, remember, Chief Rocka won't front!

Ahah the thing never ends, never thought about that. :D Not sure I'll ever be able to "not hear it", from now...

As far as weird samples go, there's this (1:40 and at the end):

Sponsor @Nexy.

Reactions: Suga D