Which song(s) do you listen to before matchplay??

says STAX X9000 is the BEST!
I'm kind of not in the "thing" of listening music before match, but occasionally it happens, so for me if there is a positive effect of listening music before the match it’s to relax and forget about life problems, tension, anger (because of loss in previous match or something else...), so for me it may be very different songs, the important thing that I must like it very much in that exact moment (it depends on many factors)...

I'm very big fan of composer Yoko Kanno, which mostly do soundtracks for anime, so there is a bunch of tracks of her that I can listen to make me relax and feel good, for example for now I really enjoy track "Walt" from anime "Zankyou no Terror":

Reactions: Suga D
Its always good to listen not only music, but your coach too.

Here is maybe the earliest composition paying attention to the coaches:
<br>

Its far from the 3rd ball attack, accents on the 8th one may be, but has a really good rally finish.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Of course Happy Go Lucky Polka is the only song that's known to be good for an extra 3-5 points per game, but please don't use it all the time because it's not fair to the other players.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
....so for me if there is a positive effect of listening music before the match it’s to relax and forget about life problems, tension, anger (because of loss in previous match or something else...)

+1
This!! Exactly... it helps me to maintain focus and get in the “tunnel“...

[Emoji2]

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
I like Enter Sandman by Metallica and Full Metal Jackoff by Jello Biafra, I met Jello around 1981.