Best Shot of all TIME

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
hello Guys,
Im bringing back up my quest to discover the very best SHOT caught on film (again) and need your help for that matter! :p

I remind you the rules as of last thread i posted a couple of years back:

The criterions for the shots as i see them are:
-the player who made the shot
-in which stage of the game the shot took place
-how dramatic the shot was
-how incredible the shot is
-in which tournament the game took place
So to my point, although there are some crazy and unbelievable shots like pierre huc ince impossible around the net shot, the match was not taking place in a big tournament and the players were not known too well, so in my opinion , it makes the point less good than others.

I insist of finding some rare footage or old ones of great points from the past which im sure are somewhere around the internet so.. if there are some new shots that you think should be contenders from the past years, or an old school classic which didnt go viral and worth mentioning, go ahead! I be the first to add my old fasion classic: Andrzej Grubba Hand Switching! just PHENOMENAL in my opinion
(vid should start at 5:09, if not just go to that time).

Once again, have a great discussion guys! comments and vids would be very appreciated!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Two of my favourite shots (there are many) are perhaps surprisingly not super spectacular loops or drives. They are as unfashionable as simple blocks.

Both of these are performed by Jan-Ove Waldner. He's not my favourite player, but he's worthy of all my respect for the alien-like skills he possessed.

To be honest the true beauty of these two points lie not in the point-winning blocks alone, but rather in the way he seems to know exactly how the point will play out from his serve to the last stroke of the ball.

I love how Waldner ever so nonchalantly just soft blocks the ball back to win the second set in dominant style againts Liu Guoliang.
Fast forward to 6.50 to see the point.

This one is against Timo Boll. This one is perhaps the most beautiful in terms of obvious, pure and outrageous anticipation.

Best ever shots? For me, yes, they are two of them. Unfortunately you do not see anything like this creativity in todays power dominated game where out-smarting the opponent is no longer the rule, but rather to overwhelm him. For better or worse, beauty has given way to brute force. Enjoy :)