says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
May 2011
I want Ma Long's bat!

Has anyone got an idea what the players do with their bats/rubbers after a single match/tournament?
Do they replace it immediately when they chip their wood/rubber?
Please don't tell me they just throw it into the bin?

What would thus be the odds one could obtain Timo Boll's rubbers after a match?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I want Ma Long's bat!

Has anyone got an idea what the players do with their bats/rubbers after a single match/tournament?

If I was there, I'd jump into the bin and take everything and run away! :D

Reactions: Kenta Cipriano
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Don't they have to give their bats to the umpires after the match now? Or is that only sometimes. That would mean if u throw ur bat into the audience after u win a match u get disqualified and lose the match :p Ur opponent might be so happy that he throws his bat in the audience :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2011
To the ones who wants to try these out: they are extremely difficult to play with, they are slow in the slow game and only when you really hit the ball hard there will be speed in the rubber. I don't recommend these rubbers for anyone. If you played these from the start of your "career" you can manage or else it will take a lot of time to get adjusted to! I played them for a while and anyone can play them but they wont get any out of them if they are not high level players. And if you have a "euro-style"-loop (little bit of bended arm and use of elbow), you will have to get used to use your full arm and underarm pretty much stretched with A LOT of strenght and speed. Check out how Maze and Boll is looping vs. Ma Long and Wang Liqin.

Totally agree. this rubbers ( DHS rubbers, like hurricane 3 Blue Sponge ) are extremely hard to use, a lot of skill is needed .

sry for my bad english, i like this forum a lot :D.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If you boost Hurricane and Skyline they are great. They do take getting used to. I know, it is against the rules of competitions to boost. But all the guys using DHS rubbers are boosting. All the top players are boosting in one way or another. I am pretty sure they are. All those rubbers look boosted. Don't they?

And they all look brand new except for Wang Hao's Sriver. It looks like it has been through a little bit. You can even see where he puts his fingers on the rubber.

Reactions: Alborz
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I don't think they throw their bats away though. I think the keep them for a while. Bats are too inconsistent. If you got 5 Butterfly Timo Boll ALC blades, they might all be good, but they would all be a little different than the others. Even though they have carbon which is very consistent, the wood they use is all a little different. So changing bats after each tournament would cause them to need to get used to a new setup and the difference would be a lot more than just changing rubbers. This would be more the case with bats that are all wood (no carbon).

If you look at the backhand side of Ma Long's blade you can see it has been used for a while; Jike's as well; in fact they all look like they have been used for at least a few weeks. The two that look the newest to me are Wang Liqin's and Feng Tianwei's. And that might be the rosewood since they are both the same blade.

On several of the blades, particularly Wang Liqin's you can see excess glue below the bottom edge of the rubber. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
I want Ma Long's bat!

They give them away in charities nowadays. Michael Maze just have some of his stuff away to some youngsters at a Danish club :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2011
Great post. Never thought I would be able to actually see the pictures of their bats. Prized information.
thanks for sharing.:)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I don't think it's actually "their" blades, but someone who knows what the they're playing with and then replicated it.

no, at least from Dan's description, it seems like they are the actual ones. Since they were taken from the control room at the China open 2011.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Man, it would be awesome to get Ma Long or Zhang Jike's paddle, since I play shakehand. That way, afterwards, you can never use the excuse of, oh well I don't have good equipment haha.

That way you can focus solely on your training with the knowledge that you have some of the best stuff.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Ma long changed from dhs hurricane 3 neo to skyline 3 neo... Whats the difference between skyline3 and h3neo?

I think the Skyline sponge is a little softer and springier. I think the topsheet is a little tackier. I am not 100% sure this is right the Neo versions, but that is the difference between regular versions of Skyline and Hurricane. They both are pretty good rubber once you are used to them though. They last a really long time, they have many gears; good for control, in slow game they are slow, good for a lot of spin, serves, pushes and loops can be VERY spinny; and when you take a full swing the sponge kicks in and the ball flies. All in all, I feel like Tenergy is a little better but they are very different types of rubber, so the technique you use with each is a little different. Worth trying, taking the time to get used to and then seeing how you feel about them after a few weeks.

Also, they are not that expensive, but they are better for forehand than backhand. A lot of the times when the Chinese players (who use one of these on their forehands) are smashing, they twiddle their paddles and switch to the Tenergy side (red, backhand rubber).

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Out of curiousity, does this mean that neo's have blue sponge? Because as I noticed, most chinese players are using DHS with blue sponge. And also, is it true that the chinese national team have a 6-side uncut rubber?

541.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
Out of curiousity, does this mean that neo's have blue sponge? Because as I noticed, most chinese players are using DHS with blue sponge. And also, is it true that the chinese national team have a 6-side uncut rubber?

View attachment 563

No is the answer to both. Only the national and provincial team's Neos have a blue sponge, commercials come with a orange one.
National DHS rubbers have four edges, provincial version is six-sided.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D