Butterfly just increased prices of the equipment

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Tenergy is still pretty good and good enough to work well with the new poly balls. But the topsheet, in my opinion is a bit outdated. It still is pretty good and the sponge is still one of the best sponges out.

But at some point Tenergy and Butterfly will not be able to compete with rubbers designed specifically for the 40+ Poly balls. Butterfly still would like to ride the mystique of Tenergy until they are forced to have a new rubber on the market.

Sent from TheSecretHideout using TheInfamousNSASpyPhone

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Tenergy is still pretty good and good enough to work well with the new poly balls. But the topsheet, in my opinion is a bit outdated. It still is pretty good and the sponge is still one of the best sponges out.

But at some point Tenergy and Butterfly will not be able to compete with rubbers designed specifically for the 40+ Poly balls. Butterfly still would like to ride the mystique of Tenergy until they are forced to have a new rubber on the market.

Gotta disagree. I think you are right that the topsheet could be better, but it is more than good enough to compete and small changes can be made if necessary without changing the rubber.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Gotta disagree. I think you are right that the topsheet could be better, but it is more than good enough to compete and small changes can be made if necessary without changing the rubber.

We, of course can agree to disagree. I think it is remarkable that, in spite of new developments for the Poly ball, Tenergy still is really one of the few top rubbers out there.

I personally think this is more because of the sponge than the topsheet. I also feel that--unfortunately--with a few very small changes to the topsheet, Tenergy would be, by far, the best rubber on the market. I think a good part of why Tenergy still works better than most rubbers on the Poly ball is that the sponge is simply amazing. There still is no sponge I can think of that is close to as good as the Tenergy sponge.

With that sponge the ball sinks in better and is grabbed pretty darn well by the topsheet even though the topsheet itself has nowhere near as much grab as some of the newer ESN Poly ball rubbers.

So, it is still pretty darn good. But it is older technology--at least for the topsheet--and, if they don't adjust the topsheet, it will probably start falling behind sometime soon. That is what I think at least.

I also have this feeling that at some point Butterfly will create a Poly ball topsheet that is crazy and add it to the Tenergy sponge or even a slightly better version--if that is possible--and market a new Poly ball rubber and up the prices even more.

I am not looking forward to that.

Just wait: Elevenergy P-05 and P-05FX, P-80 and P-80FX and P-64 and P-64FX. And they will bring them out one by one to insure people buy as many versions as possible.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
When it came out I really believed the topsheet was better. Of course the sponge rocked too. All these years and no one figured out how to make a better mouse trap.

For me... I found a few mouse trap that will do good enough for me. You all who know me I take rubbers that would be tossed in the container marked... "Nuke this to smithereens before it is a public hazzard."

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl