Butterfly just increased prices of the equipment

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Well I am testing Tibhar Evolution MX-S and so far I am very happy with the rubbers. I wont support the greed of investors and indeed the quality of the Tenergy rubbers is ridiculous.
This makes me feel like my IQ is twice what it really is. Thank God for Evolution! (get it, get it?)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yep. Tibhar Evolution series all the way.

There was a point where I used Butterfly products because a friend was sponsored by them and I got a great deal on their stuff. But I have to confess, I just don't like the idea of using Butterfly's gear. There are so many companies that make really good stuff that are not anywhere near as expensive.

Like that Double Day blade you have, NextLevel: that plays awesome and is a great value for someone who wants an ALC blade that is good for looping. It felt as good as anything Butterfly makes at half the price.

My Virtuoso+ isn't exactly a bargain but it is custom made to my specs and it is a handmade blade, made after I ordered it.

No need for Butterfly and prices that are higher than they should be.

Sent from TheDepthsOfTartarus via TheHouseOfHades

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
THe price swings of Butterfly products are ridiculous. The price should go up and down as the yen to USD go up and down but they don't. Someone is price gouging here. It is common to fix prices for certain markets that are deemed to be rich. The question I have is has the price of BTY products gone up in Japan?

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Who sets the prices for each country? Is this coordinated in Japan? I think it has to be because I noticed that the price increase on Butterfly NA site increased several days before Megaspin. I bought two sheets from Megaspin at the old price on September 23, total price about $135 for the two, free shipping, and the price at that time was $150 on the Butterfly NA site. I checked both because I obviously was looking for a cheaper price. But when I checked just now on Megaspin, the price was increased to $150 for two sheets. In other words, it took Megaspin a couple of days to raise their prices, after Butterfly NA. It seems most likely to me that that the Butterfly dealer in this case (Go Table Tennis, one of the several vendors who sells their stuff on Megaspin) received a directive from Japan to do this, and they have to comply if they wish to continue to sell their products (a feature of dealing with Butterfly that I know is true because vendors have told me this is part of the deal). It seems unlikely that they received new stock between Sept 23 and Sept 25 at a higher cost that they in turn had to recoup.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Who sets the prices for each country? Is this coordinated in Japan? I am thinking it has to be. The reason I think this is that I noticed that the price increase on Butterfly NA site increased several days before Megaspin. So I bought two sheets from Megaspin at the old price just a couple of days ago (September 23, total price about $135 for the two, free shipping) but when I checked just now, the prices was about 10% higher, and would be around $150 for two sheets. This thread is older than that. So it took Megaspin a couple of days to raise their prices, after Butterfly NA. It seems most likely to me that that the Butterfly dealer in this case (Go Table Tennis) received a directive from Japan to do this, and they have to comply if they wish to continue to sell their products.

Megaspin works with Butterfly NA as well. The only thing that didn't change quickly enuff was T05. Not sure whose fault that was.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
In this case, though, the stuff was shipped to me by Go Table Tennis. I don't know what their relationship is to Butterfly NA, though.

Actually it is not the first time Megaspin has delayed changing prices or goofed up. Once (within the last year) I bought two sheets of Tenergy at a crazy low price and I got a testy email from Megaspin saying they would honor that price but that it was a mistake and that I should not expect to ever buy it at $55 again. You may remember that, the low price was announced in a thread on MyTT and it existed for a window of about two days.

My information on some of the hoops local vendors have to go through to sell Butterfly products came from a vendor who works in Central America.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
In my country, colombia, they increased it a week ago to 57 USD w/o shipping.
Seems cheaper than the prices that you've mentioned but have in mind that this is 3rd world country and that amount of money is ridiculous for any young player.

I got my 1st (also last) tenergy in february at 53 USD, even then that price seemed crazy but i got some extra cash and i wanted to get luxurious. Six months later i regret that purchase and replaced it with a Skyline 3-60 (also got an Evo FXP but i haven't used it)

Lately i've seen some friends leaving tenergy for other alternatives, but i can tell they still crave those Tenergys like gollum when he sees the ring :)

i have to admit those rubber makes people play better or is it just a psychological effect on them?

Reactions: Baal