Amateur player with a crazy Backhand

This user has no status.
Suga D said:
I'm pretty sure, that you soon gonna find out who PNUT is... :)

But warning: you might need a good cup of tea and a lie down after reading because of a dramatical headache...(anotha Insider) ;)

Oh and before i forget:
Hast du bestimmt schon mal gehört, aber für deine Rückhand bräuchtest du eigentlich nen Waffenschein! ;)

oh yeah, now i know who Pnut (PNachtwey) is, a multidimensional spin monster with unimaginable speed like flash, you can´t even see that he is moving.

for my liking he get´s to much attention from you. he called you (all) idiots and doesn´t get it when somebody says there is (nearly) no spin in his "topspin". can´t believe that this is an engineer with Phd and behaves so nasty, impolite and attack others in a way that rises my blood pressure.... i am an engineer too and don´t get what he tries to explain about his "topspin". he mentioned the magnus effect, really cool effect, but in his videos there is nothing like an arc from his "spin", it is only due to gravity i think ;) anyway, interesting and funny threads you shared here sugar D ;) but now i have enough of this unfriendly person...

waffenschein wurde nun geordert :D

here an interesting demonstration of the magnus effect (maybe you know already):

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QtP_bh2lMXc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

at 1minute he starts spin that basketball and you would expect a little effect but the effect is enormous!!! :cool:

Overseer Kevin said:
Lol. Your alternating Forehand and backhand video let's me know that I've got some work to do before I can take you up on your offer.
and
NextLevel said:
Not just you - almost the entire website without verified pro player status.

ok, let´s see. would be pretty cool i think :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
oh yeah, now i know who Pnut (PNachtwey) is, a multidimensional spin monster with unimaginable speed like flash, you can´t even see that he is moving.
Quicker than the eye can see.... :D
for my liking he get´s to much attention from you.

Couldn't agree more... LoL :D

he called you (all) idiots and doesn´t get it when somebody says there is (nearly) no spin in his "topspin". can´t believe that this is an engineer with Phd and behaves so nasty, impolite and attack others in a way that rises my blood pressure.... i am an engineer too and don´t get what he tries to explain about his "topspin". he mentioned the magnus effect, really cool effect, but in his videos there is nothing like an arc from his "spin", it is only due to gravity i think ;) anyway, interesting and funny threads you shared here sugar D ;) but now i have enough of this unfriendly person...
Very understandable. Sorry for that blood pressure rise... You have summarized this excellently. One of my best friends is Doktor der Mathematik and all he could do after reading those threads was a gigantic double facepalm...
:D
waffenschein wurde nun geordert :DD
Aber grade noch rechtzeitig. Hoffentlich waren die zuständigen Behörden dir noch nicht schon auf den Fersen... :D

here an interesting demonstration of the magnus effect (maybe you know already):

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QtP_bh2lMXc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

at 1minute he starts spin that basketball and you would expect a little effect but the effect is enormous!!! :cool:

and
Whoa... Didn't expect that much change in the flightpath. That's pretty impressive.
ok, let´s see. would be pretty cool i think :)
Cool. Our Club bought the Amicus Advance last Friday. Give me a little time and i'll join you guys... ;)
Can you please provide me those settings?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Sugar D said:
Cool. Our Club bought the Amicus Advance last Friday. Give me a little time and i'll join you guys... ;)
Can you please provide me those settings?

NextLevel said:
Provide the exact settings and I will join too. We may have to open a new thread for this. It is going to be epic.

yeah, i also think it will be much fun :) the correct settings could be provided in the video itself or by a photo which is then uploaded here. without it, wouldn´t make sense to compare. may be next weekend i am able to practice a little bit with the robot and then i could open a new thread. or you guys are faster, doesn´t matter who´s first :D i am looking forward to that
icon14.png

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
Sure - so what should the first shot be?

i think simple topspin against backspin at one point of the table. should be much backspin otherwise it is too easy for us. I saw how you did it and with little backspin it would took some dozens of topspins to make first mistake...?

We can do this with fore- and backhand and when we are advanced we can expand this and combine fore- and backhand like in your video (at two different points) or like me (at one point at table).

Thread title, to find it easily, could be "Repitition Contest with Robot (and diverse strokes)"

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
And, slimjimmi, you should know, NextLevel has rheumatoid arthritis which is why his joints ain't always what they aught to be. Which is one reason that it is pretty impressive that NextLevel has gotten to as high a level as he has, starting over 40 with an autoimmune disease that attacks the joints.

Sent from Godric'sHollow using the ResurrectionStone

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
And, slimjimmi, you should know, NextLevel has rheumatoid arthritis which is why his joints ain't always what they aught to be. Which is one reason that it is pretty impressive that NextLevel has gotten to as high a level as he has, starting over 40 with an autoimmune disease that attacks the joints.

I am not that old, you know. Diseased but not that old ;).

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am not that old, you know. Diseased but not that old ;).

Oh, sorry. All the talk about adult players over 40 and I guess I just projected my own stuff onto you and made you have Rheumatoid Arthritis and be older in my head. No matter what though, to accomplish what you have with that condition, I am still pretty darn impressed.

Last edited: