Difference between high and low end equipment

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
That piece of shit will be huge difference in comparison to proper equipment. What's bad is that something exist for this kind amount of money and it will play already much better. Look at the DHS PG series or Friendship in general. Their blades aren't something I call expensive where DHS has a nice balance between cheap/medium and high priced. Those ready made bats are just big no. I probably played with something like this when I was 10 and we just ping ponged on a outdoor table.

Reactions: Suga D
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
Low end priced equipment that is still good, is most often not pre-made.
Like Carl said on the other thread about "rubber for beginner" the cheapest you could get that is still pretty good, would be something like
Galaxy 896 (or a friendship or cheap DHS/pg blade..) with BH Dawei 2008XP and FH Vega Pro. This comes at around 14 + 8 + 31 (53) USD
Alternatively use Dawei 2008 XP on both sides for even cheaper (30 USD), but that wouldn't be recommendable. Though there are other rubbers that could replace Vega Pro. But the quality would be hard to match with the price.
You need to go at a minimum of 30 usd to get a decent set up.
The difference you'd just have to try on your own.

The blade you linked might be a bit better than them crap Stiga rackets schools usually have. (or in general those rackets without sponged rubbers with zero speed). This racket is said to be tacky (notice how they described it as slightly tacky) and it seems to have a sponge, but I wouldn't bet my life on it being very durable or fast. (well, maybe a tiny wheeny bit faster than regular cheap/non sponged rackets.. if you're lucky).
For the price it would'nt be stupid to buy it as a test subject though. I'm just saying, don't have any expectations :p

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I agree that 2008XP can be used on either side. It is pretty good quality for the price. Some people like things that are a little more high end for FH but it would work fine.

However, I think you guys are answering a different question than the OP asked. The OP said that he has always and only used high end gear. And wanted to know how much difference between the high end stuff and the low end stuff.

So, let's differentiate. Liten's blade, the Banda Waldner is definitely high end but he got a deal from someone who did not know its actual value. That is different.

Those products from China like Yinhe and Friendship that are very reasonably priced but quite good and almost as good as the high end stuff but not quite. I don't think he is asking about that.

That kind of stuff that is LOW end, which is designed for recreational play: think of them as toys. The wood is an arbitrary, unthought about piece of plywood with a handle. The rubber is made up of a very cheap piece of foam and a very cheap slab of rubber which has very little grip and can't really grab or spin the ball.

That being said, I have seen certain people who are able to play decently well with one of those. If you use one for a few months they start playing like anti-spin.

But how I would think of that stuff is that they are TOYS. What we are using is equipment. But a racket like that is a toy.

An analogy I use for people here in the USA is this. You can go to a toy store like Toys-R-Us and buy a skateboard for $10.00 but that is a toy. It looks a bit like the real thing but not if you know what to look for. If you got one and tried to do real things on it like skate a vert ramp, you would be in trouble. Whereas, a professional skateboard from a good skate shop will be a completely different animal.

Same thing.

There are some tables that are lower end were the bounce is not too bad. But then there are others where, if you play on them, you wonder how anyone plays on them because the ball just doesn't bounce. Those are for those people who play ping pong: NOT TABLE TENNIS: you know, where they hold the racket completely wrong, they stand with the right foot forward and only hit love tap backhands; where they aim the ball up 3 feet above the net and the ball goes so slow that it still falls and lands on the table even though there is no noticeable amount of spin on the ball.

I think that actually answers your question more properly.

Sent from TheSecretHideout using TheInfamousNSASpyPhone

Last edited:
I agree that 2008XP can be used on either side. It is pretty good quality for the price. Some people like things that are a little more high end for FH but it would work fine.

However, I think you guys are answering a different question than the OP asked. The OP said that he has always and only used high end gear. And wanted to know how much difference between the high end stuff and the low end stuff.

So, let's differentiate. Liten's blade, the Banda Waldner is definitely high end but he got a deal from someone who did not know its actual value. That is different.

Those products from China like Yinhe and Friendship that are very reasonably priced but quite good and almost as good as the high end stuff but not quite. I don't think he is asking about that.

That kind of stuff that is LOW end, which is designed for recreational play: think of them as toys. The wood is an arbitrary, unthought about piece of plywood with a handle. The rubber is made up of a very cheap piece of foam and a very cheap slab of rubber which has very little grip and can't really grab or spin the ball.

That being said, I have seen certain people who are able to play decently well with one of those. If you use one for a few months they start playing like anti-spin.

But how I would think of that stuff is that they are TOYS. What we are using us equipment. But a racket like that is a toy.

An analogy I use for people here in the USA is this. You can go to a toy store like Toys-R-Us and buy a skateboard for $10.00 but that is a toy. It looks a bit like the real thing but not if you know what to look for. If you got one and tried to do real things on it like skate a vert ramp, you would be in trouble. Whereas, a professional skateboard from a good skate shop will be a completely different animal.

Same thing.

There are some tables that are lower end were the bounce is not too bad. But then there are others where, if you play on them, you wonder how anyone plays on them because the ball just doesn't bounce. Those are for those people who play ping pong: NOT TABLE TENNIS: you know, where they hold the racket completely wrong, they stand with the right foot forward and only hit love tap backhands; where they aim the ball up 3 feet above the net and the ball goes so slow that it still falls and lands on the table even though there is no noticeable amount of spin on the ball.

I think that actually answers your question more properly.

Sent from TheSecretHideout using TheInfamousNSASpyPhone
Yes, that answered my question, thanks :)