Trip over Germany! Any OPEN competition at October 8th-14th?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
Hello guys,

Me and friend are going to have a sightseeing trip over Germany (Berlin 8-10, Koln and Dusseldorf 11-14) and I am wondering maybe in October 8-14 is going to be any open interesting competition in which I could participate? :)
Or maybe any high class tournament/competition which would be interesting to spectate?

Also maybe here in forum we have people from mentioned cities who would be interesting to meet up for a chat/drink together?

Oh and maybe somebody know any nice people who could provide us a roof for a couple of nights in Koln or Dusseldorf?

Any information/help would be greatly appreciated! :)

This user has no status.
Hello guys,

Me and friend are going to have a sightseeing trip over Germany (Berlin 8-10, Koln and Dusseldorf 11-14) and I am wondering maybe in October 8-14 is going to be any open interesting competition in which I could participate? :)
Or maybe any high class tournament/competition which would be interesting to spectate?

Also maybe here in forum we have people from mentioned cities who would be interesting to meet up for a chat/drink together?

Oh and maybe somebody know any nice people who could provide us a roof for a couple of nights in Koln or Dusseldorf?

Any information/help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Hey fanTT,

I can't help you with Berlin, but Köln and Düsseldorf are very near by me. Unfortunately for you, the next weekend most of the regions do regional cups, which aren't open.

I haven't got much time now (as always :( ) but I'll try to look up some stuff. Maybe I can find you something.

Cheers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
Thanks BLUE for help.
If no competitions are available then I won't have to bring my TT equipment. Lighter bag is even better :)

Does any good players participate in those regional cups? Maybe it would be interesting just to see competition as a spectator?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Unfortunately BLUE is very right. Just wanted to add that the club season has started in most regions, so open tournaments are very few. So if you want to play tabletennis instead of watching tabletennis, maybe someone could take you to his club practice. But watching can of course be fun, too and up to 2.Bundesliga most clubs don't charge entrance from interested spectators.
The 2. Bundesliga is also quite high classed with former national Team members and so on...
Unfortunately Borussia Düsseldorf doesn't play at home on that weekend. The only 1.Bundesligaclub 'close' to cologne playing at home on that weekend would be Hagen, but that's a little ride. Here's a link to the TTBL's Website with the dates.
http://ttbl.de/saison/hauptrunde/
I hope this can help a little. I live quite far from Cologne or Berlin, so i guess BLUE can help you better than i can.
But whatever you do, i hope you'll be having a good time when you're here.

Edit: you could also watch in the 3.Bundesliga the second Team of TTC Zugbrücke Grenzau playing at home on the 10th if you're around cologne on that day.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
Yes, thanks Suga D. At the moment I was going throught all bundes leagues teams looking where are they located, because for non local person (and not speaking german much ) it is hard to understand where are they :D
I see that Bergneustadt is also not far from Cologne, but unlucky for me they are playing away too :/ Should be awesome match vs Saarbrücken.

Any idea how much would it cost to go from Cologne, or Dusseldorf to Hagen by bus or train?

Edit: No I won't be able, from 8-10 I will be in Berlin. And 11-14 in Cologne or Dusseldorf.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Ooops, just saw that you already wrote that in the first post. But unfortunately Berlins women Team TTC eastside also doesn´t play at home on that weekend. But for your transporation from cologne to hagen I just looked around a bit. There is a frequent Train Connection from cologne to hagen. The Prices vary from around 17,- EUR to about 21,- EUR depending if you use local transport or prefer faster connections like ICE. The ride takes about 40 to 50 minutes (also depending on the chosen connection) Best Thing would be to look up their Website http://www.bahn.de/p_en/view/index.shtml (i linked the english Version)

But i don´t know myself around in hagen, though. Here´s the website of ttc hagen incl. address of the match Location http://ttc-hagen.de/spielstaette/
As i´ve seen on Google maps it´s a 1.6 km walk or 5.5km drive by car/cab. https://www.google.de/maps/dir/Hage...874f49e7d8c!2m2!1d7.4749028!2d51.370973?hl=de

This is just some rough Information. Maybe BLUE or someone from that area can hook you up a little more detailed... ;)

Last edited: