Need advice on what blade to use with xiom vega pro(cheap)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Hey guys I am a adolescent with a couple of years experience in table tennis. I was given the Andro rasant Grip and Powergrip as rubbers. I also had the Donic Burn all+. This blade was TERRIBLE. The amount of vibration it had was crazy. My shots were inconsistent. I am looking for a blade to go with my new rubbers (xiom vega pro max thickness). I have tried the gergely alpha blade and i loved it sooo much. However the price was just....
an attacking blade off- off or all+. Speed more than control. Not too heavy. Not too expensive. £70 pounds max .:Dthnks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 7 reviews
Hey guys I am a adolescent with a couple of years experience in table tennis. I was given the Andro rasant Grip and Powergrip as rubbers. I also had the Donic Burn all+. This blade was TERRIBLE. The amount of vibration it had was crazy. My shots were inconsistent. I am looking for a blade to go with my new rubbers (xiom vega pro max thickness). I have tried the gergely alpha blade and i loved it sooo much. However the price was just....
an attacking blade off- off or all+. Speed more than control. Not too heavy. Not too expensive. £70 pounds max .:Dthnks

I would recommend looking for a blade with carbon layers in the class of OFF. Carbon reduces the blade vibration. By definition, woody ALL+ blades are more flexible and vibrate more.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
I play with Xiom Fuga and Vega Pro on my BH. I can't say anything except that I'm pretty happy with it. Atlhough it is a 5-ply wood, I don't feel any vibrations. But I'm not very experienced with blades. Also, it is pretty cheap. Actually, I felt vibrations with a TT paddle only twice in my life:

1) When in a local league match I slightly popped the ball and my opponent hit it so much that plaster started to fell from the walls. Somehow I managed to block the ball back on the table, but at the moment of the impact I felt like I had a jackhammer in my hand.

2) During a drill the rubber started to slightly peel off. And at that moment, it started to vibrate more and more. But once I glued it back, vibrations disappeared :)

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Look up Double Day Loop King. If you have any questions about that blade, hopefully NextLevel will pop in and give a bit of information.

It is pretty inexpensive for a really good ALC blade. Double Day is actually the company that used to make the Butterfly black label blades before they went to the metal tags.

I hit with it for a while when NextLevel, Der_Echte, AGold and 42andbackpains all got together for some TT hijinks. It felt really good. I don't usually like ALC blades too much. But that one is pretty nice.

Sent from GroundZero from my NanoWeaponOfMassDestruction

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Look up Double Day Loop King. If you have any questions about that blade, hopefully NextLevel will pop in and give a bit of information.

It is pretty inexpensive for a really good ALC blade. Double Day is actually the company that used to make the Butterfly black label blades before they went to the metal tags.

I hit with it for a while when NextLevel, Der_Echte, AGold and 42andbackpains all got together for some TT hijinks. It felt really good. I don't usually like ALC blades too much. But that one is pretty nice.

Part of the reason I haven't reviewed the blade yet is that I ordered a new one from the manufacturer/distributor and want to get it before reviewing. IT's an awesome blade, and because it is a 3+2 ply, it matches my sensibilities better than state of the art 5+2 ply's do.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
But it is definitely high quality and not high priced for what it is. If that blade was marketed and sold by Butterfly, it would have a player's name on it and they would charge at least double the price. So wanting little vibrations and solid performance, that may be the right blade for Babazooleh.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I agree from a pure quality stand point. That said, you have to order on the website and wait for the seller to give you a quote for international shipping (which may take time depending on your order time and time zone but less than 24 hours). Then when he quotes you, you have to pay by PayPal and the wait for the registered mail shipment.

That said, on the + side, they will give you the weight you want and their packaging is top notch as is the blade. I just wanted to make sure that the blade was actually similar to what I have and available before giving it glowing reviews.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2015
Infinity VPS would be a good low cost offensive blade. Used it myself for a couple of years now

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk