Boosting tenergy

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
[QUOTE+UpSideDownCarl]Don't believe the marketing hype. I was joking when I said Bryce HighSpeed was best on the newest Butterfly blade. [/QUOTE]

Hahhahahahahahaahhahahahahaaaaaaahhhhhh.

Carl.... Joke.... ????!!!!

You gotta be joking.

Say, is that Eddie Murphy over there? Godda go.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hahhahahahahahaahhahahahahaaaaaaahhhhhh.

Carl.... Joke.... ????!!!!

You gotta be joking.

Say, is that Eddie Murphy over there? Godda go.

Yeah, I was joking that I was joking.

Sent from GroundZero from my NanoWeaponOfMassDestruction

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I get great spin with the ZJ super zlc. You are right Carl, when the ball is hit properly the ball jumps forward and doesn't rise as much as the opponent expects. I've seen players completely whiff... or be rushed into a bad or weaker shot. I don't plan on being in the top 10 in the world just yet but if I do make it to 2400 or better I think I'll be satisfied. Then I'll bring my s zlc to a club near you :)

This user has no status.
I got a sheet of tenergy 64fx. It's got a scar on it from hitting the table and split the top sheet near the edge of the rubber. About a 1 inch long crack. It still plays well and doesn't affect anything at all.

My question: Would it be possible to still boost this sheet or not?

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What do you want to boost Tenergy for? You shouldn't need to.

If the tear is such that the two sides of rubber line up then use water based glue and glue them together. A really small amount of glue will hold rubber to rubber well.

If you did that boosting should work but, boosting Tenergy may be a waste of time for you. There are people who do it. But the ones who have a reason to would be having Butterfly send their next shipment of pre boosted Tenergy with the secret handshake.

Sent from Godric'sHollow using the ResurrectionStone

Reactions: Suga D
Good info, but one correction - FX gives lower arc. You can see it in 05FX most clearly and any of the others if you test it.

Indeed. It can be couter-intuitive but the harder -> the higher throw (all other things equal :D). Its true for a sponge (normal version has higher throw than fx version) but also true for the topsheet (T05 as harder topsheet than T64, same sponge -> higher throw for T05).

You can check the famous Tenergy video the OP is referring to at 6:28, Butterfly also states it.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
sure, when the rubber is almost dead and you think it's no longer playable, why not ?

but then again, it's up to you, it's your money, you'll never know til you've tried. This curiosity might haunt you till your death. It's better to try it and report to us for our knowledge too :p

I'm not rich person so I'm too afraid to modify my tensor rubber.

Ok. I'm responding back. Second layer applied. The first layer made the rubber curl within the first 6 hours. I'm using "falco long booster" at 12 hour intervals. Wish me luck. Lol

This user has no status.
Ok. Just hit with the boosted t64fx last night. 2 thin layers of falco long booster took about 4-5 days to flatten back down after curling from the booster.

Results:
1. Super super super fast!!!!! Did I mention that it's super fast! Lol The top sheet is like a mini trampoline! The ball literally jumps off the rubber.

2. But the sponge has become too too too soft. Power hits go directly to the blade. I use max thickness for t64fx and it's still going straight through the sponge, right into the blade. You can actually hear a muffled knock sound upon contact.

3. Spin is significantly decreased on loop driving shots. It's going to take some time to get my timing back because I haven't hit in a couple of months due to a knee injury. But loop drives are flying off the table because the spin just isn't there anymore. You have to brush and hit the ball very thin if you want to impart spin. Minimum contact or the ball will sail long.

Recommendations:

Don't boost t64fx or any fx version of tenergy beyond 1 application. I strongly suggest not boosting it at all. The sponge just can't take the pressure. Lol
But if you do, remember that you're going to have to change your stroke on the loop drive from a power stroke to a spin stroke! Just that simple

Last edited: