Mark v

This user has no status.
Hello everyone

I recently got a new yasaka mark V rubber from a friend. Well i know that's an old rubber but when i opened it, i has a dome shape and smells very bad.

My problem with the rubber is that i cannot produce spin at all. Seems the rubber has no grip, speed is alright. On the rubber it is written soft but when playing i felt like the sponge was medium hard. I dunno maybe because it's new it has no spin. When i mean no spin, it's no spin. It doesn't grip the ball at all. Btw i played with a stiga calibra lt spin on my FH for a year and i dunno whether the andro rasant powergrip is better...

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2015
Correct me if I'm wrong, but mark v isn't a tensioned rubber so it shouldn't dome or smell like it has factory tuning. I used mark v as my first forehand rubber on a Primorac off- blade. I recently went back and had a hit with it and I was very impressed with the amount of spin I was able to achieve. Sure, the speed was pretty slow compared to tensor rubbers, but its ability to spin surprised me!

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but mark v isn't a tensioned rubber so it shouldn't dome or smell like it has factory tuning. I used mark v as my first forehand rubber on a Primorac off- blade. I recently went back and had a hit with it and I was very impressed with the amount of spin I was able to achieve. Sure, the speed was pretty slow compared to tensor rubbers, but its ability to spin surprised me!

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
Hello josephluck

You're right because my friend told theirs are very spinny but quite slow. They told also that there were no dome shape or any smell. But i dunno maybe its new and i should play with it then it would be better.

I also have mark v m2 and its also dome shape and smells like booster. Here i'm gonna put some images of the mark v m2 and mark v
70527037c8d8702ccfa7632c61927f57.jpg
d6bc0c77ebb06643474ea0bb274c6364.jpg
d755a32f6fafaea489511a26476995bd.jpg
250553c010f3ee6acb206ef0374c52a7.jpg
81858d6b30bbedb57f5d9aee332d1ccb.jpg
3dded99aa682288e938a5d11b97d8771.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 7 reviews
Ok, the Mark V M2 has a slight in built speed glue effect.

However, I have used Mark V earlier and it is a very spinny rubber. Your Mark V M2 also looks to be ok if I look at the topsheet. Perhaps it's just a case of getting used to it?

Mark V is definitely a medium-hard rubber. The topsheet has soft written on it because the topsheet is not that hard.

This user has no status.
Ok, the Mark V M2 has a slight in built speed glue effect.

However, I have used Mark V earlier and it is a very spinny rubber. Your Mark V M2 also looks to be ok if I look at the topsheet. Perhaps it's just a case of getting used to it?

Mark V is definitely a medium-hard rubber. The topsheet has soft written on it because the topsheet is not that hard.
Ok... i recently got this rubber and dunno how to play with it.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thank you for taking time to answer and i'm gonna try to get used to it.

A couple of quick questions. Where did you get the rubber? Are you sure that they aren't counterfeit? The dome is not a boost effect dome. It is backwards. The dome is from the sponge shrinking on the topsheet. Not from the sponge expanding. It is possible that it was boosted before they glued the topsheet on and the sponge shrunk. But a real Mark V should not come out of the packaging like that.

It could be real. I don't know. But it really could be counterfeit based on the backwards dome and that it came out of the packaging that way.

Sent from Godric'sHollow using the ResurrectionStone

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
A couple of quick questions. Where did you get the rubber? Are you sure that they aren't counterfeit? The dome is not a boost effect dome. It is backwards. The dome is from the sponge shrinking on the topsheet. Not from the sponge expanding. It is possible that it was boosted before they glued the topsheet on and the sponge shrunk. But a real Mark V should not come out of the packaging like that.

It could be real. I don't know. But it really could be counterfeit based on the backwards dome and that it came out of the packaging that way.

Hello, thank you for answering...

Well i got this rubber from india from a shop 'pioneer fitness & sports pune'.well i dunno if it's counterfeit but seems the supplier is a good. I also got a donic bluefire m3 from that supplier and i had no problem with the donic. At first when i played with the donic it was a bit difficult to topspin but a week after, i think sponge became softer and then my topspin was better. But for the yasaka, it actually remain the same. I played with it everyday but the rubber seems have no grip at all...

What should do...
And check the "pioneer fitness and sport pune" shop.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Based on the sound of it you may have some counterfeit rubbers.

Bluefire shouldn't start out being hard to spin with. It is good it broke in and you can use it. But it should start out good. And it should feel like, really good, like, "WOW" good, not like, "eh, it's okay."

And Mark V isn't fast but it is spinny. It should not feel like you can't spin the ball.

But Mark V also, definitely should not be curled like that (particularly curled the wrong way) from out of the packaging.

I could easily be wrong but to me it sounds like you probably got some counterfeit rubbers.

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
Based on the sound of it you may have some counterfeit rubbers.

Bluefire shouldn't start out being hard to spin with. It is good it broke in and you can use it. But it should start out good. And it should feel like, really good, like, "WOW" good, not like, "eh, it's okay."

And Mark V isn't fast but it is spinny. It should not feel like you can't spin the ball.

But Mark V also, definitely should not be curled like that (particularly curled the wrong way) from out of the packaging.

I could easily be wrong but to me it sounds like you probably got some counterfeit rubbers.

Hmmm i think you're right...i dunno i still really can't produce spin with this rubber

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Take the serial number on the package and send the details to Yasaka. If it's a fake, it a very good one (packaging etc.)

@Carl the Mark V M2 does have an inbuilt speed-glue effect (the one he bought). The regular Mark V doesn't have an inbuilt speed glue effect.

Hey, thanks. You have given good advice. Best way to tell is to check the serial number with Yasaka.

I was just looking at the dome. The dome is backwards. If it had a glue effect, the dome should be the other way or not be there. Also, Mark V is pretty spinny. If he has good technique he should be able to spin the ball pretty well. This also could be a rubber that sat on the shelf in the store for way too long. Same for the Bluefire. But that one could have been sitting on the shelf too long also.

Reactions: fais
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
Hey, thanks. You have given good advice. Best way to tell is to check the serial number with Yasaka.

I was just looking at the dome. The dome is backwards. If it had a glue effect, the dome should be the other way or not be there. Also, Mark V is pretty spinny. If he has good technique he should be able to spin the ball pretty well. This also could be a rubber that sat on the shelf in the store for way too long. Same for the Bluefire. But that one could have been sitting on the shelf too long also.

The dome will be as you expect when one applies the booster to the side of the sponge opposite to the topsheet (as in Liten's "experiment" from the other thread :)).

However, the manufacturer has access to the sponge before the topsheet is attached, and can choose to apply booster/factory tuning to the side of the sponge the topsheet will be attached to. That way the expanding sponge will also stretch the topsheet instead of compressing it.

I've seen Mark V (and Killerspin Fortissimo) rubber sheets that looked exactly like the one in OP photos, and had no problems gluing/spinning the ball with them.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
A few hours ago, i've put some oil on the topsheet and after letting it dry, the rubber pretty much good. Way more better than before. I used in on my BH and i could produce a lot of spin and place my ball very well. I dunno the speed has decrease...

Hey #UpSideDownCarl
#anchorschmidt
#vvk1
I do think also that this rubber has been kept for a long time in this shop...
I mean who gets a brand new un-unbox rubber with dust inside???

I forgot to tell you but once you've talked about i remember now.
Who get a rubber partly covered with dust.
And thanks very much for helping me.
I Really appreciate it.[emoji4]

Last edited: