Irkutsk TT club

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Dmitry, you failed to wear your standard issue Blue and Red uniform jersey FOUR times in that clip. Man, I NEVER EVER saw you in any other uniform before.... and I must have seen 100 vids from you. Point deduction, unless you make a cool looking club design for your new uniforms.

Fine, you're right. But he did day he had past injuries, which explains the style anyway.
I definitely do not want you to stop, Dmitriy. So don't take offence.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Dmitriy, just so you know and everything is clear, Der_ has your back and wants to make sure you keep posting for his own personal reasons.

I've heard tell that he likes the video footage of all the hot women who can also REALLY play. And I don't see anyone else who has such good footage or the amount of good footage of this kind. Of club level play that is pretty high and shows shows as much variety of players.

But, most importantly: the women.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Fine, you're right. But he did day he had past injuries, which explains the style anyway.
I definitely do not want you to stop, Dmitriy. So don't take offence.

I consider you a buddy so don't read this the wrong way.

I don't give two flying Fs about how he plays or whether he has injuries etc. When you learn this game at a certain age, everything is so much harder that people like Der_Echte, Carl and myself and walking miracles. And to get the coaching to improve can be so hard and expensive and even accepting that, the time to work on your game usually means either not having kids or having the most understanding wife in the world or just a job where you don't have to deal with your family at all and can train a little in your spare time.

Whenever you see an adult learner or non-pro, please be kind. If you want, I can go grab my video from 2 -3 years ago and I looked just like that. And I have gotten some of my best wins playing like that, even as I try to stop playing that way.

So even while I like putting heavy topspin on the ball, I will backhand block you to death all over the table if I will win the match doing so. And if you don't believe me...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
I consider you a buddy so don't read this the wrong way.

I don't give two flying Fs about how he plays or whether he has injuries etc. When you learn this game at a certain age, everything is so much harder that people like Der_Echte, Carl and myself and walking miracles. And to get the coaching to improve can be so hard and expensive and even accepting that, the time to work on your game usually means either not having kids or having the most understanding wife in the world or just a job where you don't have to deal with your family at all and can train a little in your spare time.

Whenever you see an adult learner or non-pro, please be kind. If you want, I can go grab my video from 2 -3 years ago and I looked just like that. And I have gotten some of my best wins playing like that, even as I try to stop playing that way.

So even while I like putting heavy topspin on the ball, I will backhand block you to death all over the table if I will win the match doing so. And if you don't believe me...

Victory at all costs I guess!
You're right though, when it comes to the match, you can't just play the generic way.

You guys win...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

The best part of this video is having an idea of the ratings of the opposition (many 2200-2600 USATT) and seeing their faces when he wins the point. He reminds me of every time a 1400 or less player plays a shot against me or blocks my killer loop and I am like "Damn, he did that. Effing ratings don't play matches!"

This user has no status.
A new Club style is emerging in Irkutsk, push high and deep to the opponent's power, letting them Loop kill into your supposedly week Backhand, then block kill a winner the opponent can't touch !
There's a player in my club who plays like this, and I find his style very annoying. I beat him 3-0 easily. So I tend to avoid playing him. But this type of player is relatively easy to beat if you have even just a moderate feel for the ball; vary spin, speed, and placement; or even push the ball back to his backhand.

Sent from my MyPhoneMY27 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
There's a player in my club who plays like this, and I find his style very annoying. I beat him 3-0 easily. So I tend to avoid playing him. But this type of player is relatively easy to beat if you have even just a moderate feel for the ball; vary spin, speed, and placement; or even push the ball back to his backhand.

Except he doesn't block; just waits for you to hit it into the net, which is what I find annoying. Just saw your videos and you have great blocks, Dima!

says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
Watched Dmitri play. Good thing is, he clearly enjoys playing and that's the most important thing really. But, frankly, competitively he would barely make 4 points against any half decent player playing even in the 3rd team in my club. The players he is playing against seem to hit one shot and are surprised when the ball comes back.
Against a half decent player ( half decent is a player who hits a high quality shot every time - i.e. proportion of heavy spin is equal to the speed of the shot) not only would he struggle to block even the first shots back (with his extremely long serves, and VERY high pushes) but, on top of that, they will be waiting for as many blocks as he can put on the table and simply blitz him off the table as he doesn't really move much/well at all. Really good to watch your games though Dimitri )))

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Victory at all costs I guess!
You're right though, when it comes to the match, you can't just play the generic way.

You guys win...

You gotta understand a few things about Herr Berg to put it in perspective why NL played the way he did and acted the way he did. Herr Berg is NOT ur average oldish awkward no-skills backwoods country chump you are gunna have Ur way with. You think that way vs him, he is gunna eat you alive. Dude can bring it. He played 2000+ level for a good little time. He is hyper competitive and can get under Ur skin with his style of choing and comments to himself. A lot of hotshot 2000 loopers try to play him brain dead go down 0-3. The dude can block can counter, and knows the short FH and then deep BH corner gets the RH attackers a LOT. His serve looks real easy to put away... until you miss too many of them. He stays in rallies a lot better than you would think. He can apply his own tactics very effectively and if you do not adjust, you will go down. He has the appearance of a real old salty gent and no younger dude wants to lose vs him, so they give their best vs him and fail more often than they would like.

That is why players absolutely relish a victory vs him. You heard all the cheers for NL at the end, so now you got a little background to know why what happened.

Reactions: jedimasterplk