Irkutsk TT club

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Against the female player in this vid, she will crush-kill anything high or bang bang fast, but vs medium to heavy underspin, she will soft topspin. This is pretty clear and known, yet everyone seems to pop it up and go to the fast draw six-killer blast away rally. The few times anyone did a hookshot to her wide FH, it was a clear winner or got a ball to finish easily, yet I see few attempts at this, maybe her balls are quality enough to make this difficult.

I do not see her flip short underspin, s I would give her heavy dose of that and short dead balls, then either heavy topsin away or blast a winner on the popup from dead ball. I do not think she likes extreme heavy topspin slow and shallow or deep by endline. That would be something to tryout and I do not see that in the vids over time. Maybe everyone tried that out and sucks at it, or she is too good to cope with that tactic and the best poison is to go into the fun blast away rallies.

Only Dmitriy seems to have anything close to an effective set of tactics vs her, but she is several levels a better player.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Every time I see a vid from Dmitriy's club, I keep seeing really good players fall to the yellow jersey girl the same way. They simply are not going to over-power her on the first shot if they try blasting away right away, she knows where it is going and counter-blasts. I keep seeing Dmitriy use what seems to be the only effective tactic anyone in his club has vs her: an UNPREDICTABLE fast and flat BH slap or punch shot. That is the only fast shot that troubles her, but of course she is several levels above our friend Dmitriy.

Every player I see serves LONG and medium pace and gets right into the bang bang stuff close to table and far away from table. Nobody in that club does it better than her so why try? Other shots can work. Why not move her into the table with a short underspin or dead spin and rip the next ball while she is close or doesn't know where you are attacking? Why not open first ball with really heavy spin, then try to blast away? Why does everyone want to try to blast it to exactly where she is ready to make her happy?

Well, I guess one can admire all the guys in that club playing to make her happy... but heck, they gotta play vs her another way if they want more points.