Training of German Players (TTR: 2065, 2035, 1961) - Exercises, Matches

This user has no status.
Hi @All,

here I want to show you how we practice table tennis. In last month I was invited to practice in two clubs in Berlin and was superb!

At first at Cfl Berlin with a Player named Albert Piwonski (Reinickendorfer Füchse - Oberliga, with TTR round about 2065):

- at first warm-up-play, than short two exercises and at the end two matches which Albert won really hairsbreadth with 3:2

- look at the short played backhand topspins by Albert Piwonski! The Banana Flip is no problem for him, respect

Second club was Ajax Köpenick together with Andreas Mühlfeld (TTR round about 2035):

- at first some regular exercises, than unregular and at the end nine played breaks.

These were good training sessions and I saw some shortcomings of my playstyle with my long strokes. But with Albert I tried shorter backhand strokes at the table and have to say that it is not that difficult but I have to get this automatically so I can use this in games as well. And short strokes are as funny as the long windups :D

Have fun with the videos and may be you have some advises I can do next time :)

Best regards,
Marc aka "Amateur player with a crazy backhand" :p:D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Aug 2012
I like your style.
what division are you in germany?

also could you like name all the divisions?
from bundesliga till where you play.

also I like the fact that you use primorac carbon, a man's blade.
no sizzy off------------------------- ultimate control king blade.

have you tried going to berlin east side club?
would be cool to see a video match between you and solja sisters :D

Last edited:
Reactions: slimjimmii
This user has no status.
I like your style.
what division are you in germany?

also could you like name all the divisions?
from bundesliga till where you play.

hey, thanks :)

The divisions in Germany are the following:

1. 1. and 2. Bundesliga (whole Germany)
  2. two different 3. Bundesliga (north and south)
  3. Regionalliga
  4. Oberliga
  5. Verbandsoberliga (not everywhere)
  6. Verbandsliga (for every state of Germany)
  7. 1 to 3 different Landesliga in each state
  8. 1-5 Landesklassen
  9. 1-5 Kreisliga
  10. 1-6 Kreisklasse

My friend Albert plays in Oberliga and I play in Verbandsoberliga (Berlin and Brandenburg together). In past (2002) I played one year in Regionalliga with 8:9 (win/defeats). That was my best what I was doing. I think I could play one division higher but in Verbandsoberliga on position 1 there are some pretty good opponents :)

sebas-aguirre said:
also I like the fact that you use primorac carbon, a man's blade.
no sizzy off------------------------- ultimate control king blade.

for a man with cojones :D It is very fast. I needed a amount of time to get used to it in past. Now I bought a new one and that blade is even faster, because my older one has some glue inside and so on. But it makes fun to here that smack-sound :cool:

sebas-aguirre said:
have you tried going to berlin east side club?
would be cool to see a video match between you and solja sisters :D

hey, thats a pretty good idea! Maybe I try to contact them, I know the trainer Wan Guohui, he played in our club in 2. Bundesliga15 years ago :) but I have little hope that they have time to play with an amateur...

Reactions: Ilia Minkin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
hey, thanks :)

The divisions in Germany are the following:

1. 1. and 2. Bundesliga (whole Germany)
  2. two different 3. Bundesliga (north and south)
  3. Regionalliga
  4. Oberliga
  5. Verbandsoberliga (not everywhere)
  6. Verbandsliga (for every state of Germany)
  7. 1 to 3 different Landesliga in each state
  8. 1-5 Landesklassen
  9. 1-5 Kreisliga
  10. 1-6 Kreisklasse

My friend Albert plays in Oberliga and I play in Verbandsoberliga (Berlin and Brandenburg together). In past (2002) I played one year in Regionalliga with 8:9 (win/defeats). That was my best what I was doing. I think I could play one division higher but in Verbandsoberliga on position 1 there are some pretty good opponents :)

for a man with cojones :D It is very fast. I needed a amount of time to get used to it in past. Now I bought a new one and that blade is even faster, because my older one has some glue inside and so on. But it makes fun to here that smack-sound :cool:

hey, thats a pretty good idea! Maybe I try to contact them, I know the trainer Wan Guohui, he played in our club in 2. Bundesliga15 years ago :) but I have little hope that they have time to play with an amateur...

lol why is everything in germany so complicated?
but well I get a general idea, your level is at most a second tier bundesliga, which is really good.

your message reminded me of hinoki carbon blades so today used a little bit my gergely alpha.
it's a very nice blade, not too uncontrollable.
eventually went back to my zhang jike alc but well I'll keep it there and use it sometimes.

as for berlin east side club, I only know they play top league in women's division.
I always wondered what a ittf top 50 women's level would be playing with a man.
so we could use you as an experiment :D
just kidding.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
lol why is everything in germany so complicated?
but well I get a general idea, your level is at most a second tier bundesliga, which is really good.

your message reminded me of hinoki carbon blades so today used a little bit my gergely alpha.
it's a very nice blade, not too uncontrollable.
eventually went back to my zhang jike alc but well I'll keep it there and use it sometimes.

as for berlin east side club, I only know they play top league in women's division.
I always wondered what a ittf top 50 women's level would be playing with a man.
so we could use you as an experiment :D
just kidding.

yeah, quite difficult... and every few years it seems for me to change :D

She is really under best 50 women on our planet, so the chances to play with her decrease more and more :D nevertheless I wrote her a mail with a kindly request but there is little hope she answeres... But give it try can´t be bad :)

Ilia Minkin said:
Forehand stroke of Andreas Mühlfeld looks quite unusual, but very powerful!

He has a really short move with extreme acceleration when the ball contacts the rubber. There is much rotation when he plays topspin, not easy to block. Additionally he is very safe in his play.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
yeah, quite difficult... and every few years it seems for me to change :D

She is really under best 50 women on our planet, so the chances to play with her decrease more and more :D nevertheless I wrote her a mail with a kindly request but there is little hope she answeres... But give it try can´t be bad :)

He has a really short move with extreme acceleration when the ball contacts the rubber. There is much rotation when he plays topspin, not easy to block. Additionally he is very safe in his play.

lol you wrote a mail saying "I want to play the players of the east side club top team because I want to see how good you are".
they will probably ignore you.

you need to go low profile, start going every now and then, play with everybody...
eventually you'll get to play the better players.

but I don't know how close this club is to where you live.

This user has no status.
lol you wrote a mail saying "I want to play the players of the east side club top team because I want to see how good you are".
they will probably ignore you.

you need to go low profile, start going every now and then, play with everybody...
eventually you'll get to play the better players.

but I don't know how close this club is to where you live.

hey, yes, I was an innocent :D but hey, this week she replied friendly and gave me the advise to continue with my videos and so on because TT needs people like me :) very motivating to read that from Peti who rocks these days in World Cup!

Eastside is maybe 40-50km away, takes me 1 hour to get there, so this would be no problem. I would drive several hours when Peti wants to play with me :D

and I have some good news:
my last released training video with Angelo Berse in Berlin at Ajax Köpenick, which you can enjoy here:

a short version (only 48sec.) of some bombs is here on my fb-account (click on HD for more fun ;) ):

A really good player asked me, because he saw my videos, to make some training with him, his name is Sebastian Stürzebecher (current TTR: 2203, that is #91 in whole Germany O.O). He plays at TTC Düppel in 3rd Bundesliga, that´s really good... He will destroy me, I think. But I am looking forward to that day, but I think it has to wait till December because of my master thesis. Be sure that I will post this video here, too.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
hey, yes, I was an innocent :D but hey, this week she replied friendly and gave me the advise to continue with my videos and so on because TT needs people like me :) very motivating to read that from Peti who rocks these days in World Cup!

Eastside is maybe 40-50km away, takes me 1 hour to get there, so this would be no problem. I would drive several hours when Peti wants to play with me :D

my last released training video with Angelo Berse in Berlin at Ajax Köpenick, which you can enjoy here:

a short version (only 48sec.) of some bombs is here on my fb-account (click on HD for more fun ;) ):

A really good player asked me, because he saw my videos, to make some training with him, his name is Sebastian Stürzebecher (current TTR: 2203, that is #91 in whole Germany O.O). He plays at TTC Düppel in 3rd Bundesliga, that´s really good... He will destroy me, I think. But I am looking forward to that day, but I think it has to wait till December because of my master thesis. Be sure that I will post this video here, too.

but you wrote to the east side club or to peti personally?
peti is really killing it inthe world cup, she beat feng tianwei and fukuhara, both top ten.
I think maybe she could take a couple sets from you :-D

I think georgina pota also plays in this club, she's also really good and played the world cup

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews

Great Vids, Marc. Thanks for sharing...

You have some real good practice partners there.
Piwo's got a very clean technique. And you're right. The Banana looks pretty spinny. Nice to watch. But your reaction at 4:58 was totally insane.

Andreas' fh stroke must really be surprising if you don't expect it. Also a nice vid.
I think practicing the short stroke bh as an addition to your repertoire is a very good idea, that might make your level even climb up a little more. But don't get me wrong. I mean addition not replacement. Your long strokes are too much of a killer to be kept hidden in the closet. ;)

In the vid with angelo you made quite a few. Really some nice rallies. Does he always defend or did you force him to?

Lookin' forward to your vid with stürzebecher. I don't think you'll get destroyed, you might lose, but not get destroyed...

Can't believe Peti answered your mail. That's pretty amazing. So if you ever play with her, i think you can take more than a game...

Tanja Krämer (i guess you heard of her before) told me she used to win until last year against her practice partner Matthias Bomsdorf (3.Bundesliga - TTC Seligenstadt), but now he took off to a higher level, and she hasn't got a chance anymore...
I shot a vid with my mobile last time i saw them practicing. I can ask if they mind if i would be posting it.

Also saw your post on tt-news.de, but i just took a short break at work when i saw it and had no time to answer.

So.... Really lookin' forward to your future vids. Keep 'em coming and good luck and much success for your master thesis. Thumbs up, Buddy. :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Great Vids, Marc. Thanks for sharing...

You have some real good practice partners there.
Piwo's got a very clean technique. And you're right. The Banana looks pretty spinny. Nice to watch. But your reaction at 4:58 was totally insane.

Andreas' fh stroke must really be surprising if you don't expect it. Also a nice vid.
I think practicing the short stroke bh as an addition to your repertoire is a very good idea, that might make your level even climb up a little more. But don't get me wrong. I mean addition not replacement. Your long strokes are too much of a killer to be kept hidden in the closet. ;)

In the vid with angelo you made quite a few. Really some nice rallies. Does he always defend or did you force him to?

Lookin' forward to your vid with stürzebecher. I don't think you'll get destroyed, you might lose, but not get destroyed...

Can't believe Peti answered your mail. That's pretty amazing. So if you ever play with her, i think you can take more than a game...

Tanja Krämer (i guess you heard of her before) told me she used to win until last year against her practice partner Matthias Bomsdorf (3.Bundesliga - TTC Seligenstadt), but now he took off to a higher level, and she hasn't got a chance anymore...
I shot a vid with my mobile last time i saw them practicing. I can ask if they mind if i would be posting it.

Also saw your post on tt-news.de, but i just took a short break at work when i saw it and had no time to answer.

So.... Really lookin' forward to your future vids. Keep 'em coming and good luck and much success for your master thesis. Thumbs up, Buddy. :)

hey sugar D, thanks for your positive feedback, nice to read :)

that are all good partners, yes, and i am happy that they are motivated to practice with me again :)

the short stroke of andreas looks like there is not that much spin but it is... you have to know that otherwise it is not possible to block that topspin in a good way, not too high.

my long bh stroke is too much fun to replace it, you are right, i will not keep it in closet :D

angelo was sometimes forced and sometimes he went behind on his own choice. i told him that he is much better when he plays agressive and offensive. nice thing to know: he had never ever a trainer... i couldn´t believe this, but it seems to be true.

against stürze will be great fight, i hope too :)

yeah, peti answered friendly and few days later she play her best tournament... crazy :) and i don´t know no, tanja. good to know that she was able to beat him when he played regionalliga (y)

thanks, i hope in the next weeks i will be ready with master thesis.

sebas-aguirre said:
but you wrote to the east side club or to peti personally?
peti is really killing it inthe world cup, she beat feng tianwei and fukuhara, both top ten.
I think maybe she could take a couple sets from you :-D

I think georgina pota also plays in this club, she's also really good and played the world cup

i wrote to her personally. and think so, too, she is really really good and that last tournament was her best. even the match to become 3rd was amazing. she never gives up :) hehe, my be i ask the top german female players :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
but it's not clear...
did she invite you to play there with her?
did she tell you to go and maybe sometime you'll get to play her?

are you so excited because of the chance of playing peti or because you like her and want to have babies and hopefully create the next zjk ?

also it seems she changed her rossi emotion to rossi force?
rossi force is a very fast hinoki carbon blade.
can anybody confirm this?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
but it's not clear...
did she invite you to play there with her?
did she tell you to go and maybe sometime you'll get to play her?

are you so excited because of the chance of playing peti or because you like her and want to have babies and hopefully create the next zjk ?

also it seems she changed her rossi emotion to rossi force?
rossi force is a very fast hinoki carbon blade.
can anybody confirm this?

she wrote that it is not possible to make a match against her. maybe never ;)

hahahah, the second idea with little zjk-babies is best :D but i am excited because of playing against a top player in our world. and i think sometimes you have to be cheeky to get those xperiences, so was worth a try :)

i don´t know her blade, sorry, can´t help with that...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
hey sugar D, thanks for your positive feedback, nice to read :)

that are all good partners, yes, and i am happy that they are motivated to practice with me again :)

the short stroke of andreas looks like there is not that much spin but it is... you have to know that otherwise it is not possible to block that topspin in a good way, not too high.

my long bh stroke is too much fun to replace it, you are right, i will not keep it in closet :D

angelo was sometimes forced and sometimes he went behind on his own choice. i told him that he is much better when he plays agressive and offensive. nice thing to know: he had never ever a trainer... i couldn´t believe this, but it seems to be true.

against stürze will be great fight, i hope too :)

yeah, peti answered friendly and few days later she play her best tournament... crazy :) and i don´t know no, tanja. good to know that she was able to beat him when he played regionalliga (y)

thanks, i hope in the next weeks i will be ready with master thesis.

Oops, my bad. I thought you might know her. Tanja is ranked number 13 in germany (according to Joola Rangliste) plays for Busenbach and used to play for the germans female national team some time ago.
Of course it's hard to compare, and peti's really doing well these days, but i just wanted to show that it is possible that male Regionalliga players can beat female 1.Bundesliga players.
So maybe you'd be able to take a game or two. ;)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
I'd love to watch a "slimjimmii from ttdaily" vs georgina potta.

brute force, raw power vs female touch and control.

david vs goliat

beauty vs beast

:D

also in order to market your new image better you should change your blade to schlager carbon.
primorac carbon is waaaaay too slow for you.
if you can't get schlager carbon then go for gergely alpha, the current fastest butterfly blade.

also no more fx rubbers.
you use hard rubbers for a hard person like you :-D
tenergy 64 is the fastest tenergy rubber so this would be your choice.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I'd love to watch a "slimjimmii from ttdaily" vs georgina potta.

brute force, raw power vs female touch and control.

david vs goliat

beauty vs beast

:D

also in order to market your new image better you should change your blade to schlager carbon.
primorac carbon is waaaaay too slow for you.
if you can't get schlager carbon then go for gergely alpha, the current fastest butterfly blade.

also no more fx rubbers.
you use hard rubbers for a hard person like you :-D
tenergy 64 is the fastest tenergy rubber so this would be your choice.

you have some vivid fantasy with that hypothetical epic fight :D may be tabletennisdaily is able to arrange something like that...? :)

this season i will not change my blade. i am very happy with my configuration of rubber and blade and i don´t think it is necessary to play faster than i do now. and was able to play one ball which the referree didn´t saw :D for me it is enough. i need control, too. and i like make spinny topspins :) but i will check out the 05 again on both sides when i have time to.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews

As i promised...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
nice to see these kinds of posts. Always fun to see people play and try to see what they do better than yourself etc.

But from these videos when you watch yourself play or when you play generally what do you think you need to work on to get better? What is your mistakes? Fun to know what people try to train specifically.

This user has no status.
thanks for that video, Sugar D.

nice to see these kinds of posts. Always fun to see people play and try to see what they do better than yourself etc.

But from these videos when you watch yourself play or when you play generally what do you think you need to work on to get better? What is your mistakes? Fun to know what people try to train specifically.

at first the automation of my play. now i think too long about what to do next and that kills me when i play against better player. my footwork is really not good and return is not that safe. additionally my services are mostly too long and i have to react. there are many things i have to work on :)