Top 10 annoying situations every table tennis player has encountered!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Another thing which could be added to the list is the following. When I played last year in my league there was this guys which didn't really know much about the rules of TT. And everytime he served he made like a ninja hand movement following with throwing the ball straight at his bat which was his serve. But what was worse the umpire (his teammate ) was not better than him and I had to be pointing out the foul servers sooo many times. Did this ever happen to any of you?

I'm wondering why nobody mentioned the hidden serves yet.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Read 1 reviews
Greetings,

Love to know what happened to the kid who shoved the umpire!? Banned? Beaten up by umpire outside?

What about someone asking to borrow your bat for a match-game, and - having missed a sitter - bangs the edge of your bat against the edge of the table...:mad:

Kindest regards,

James

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
Greetings,

Love to know what happened to the kid who shoved the umpire!? Banned? Beaten up by umpire outside?

What about someone asking to borrow your bat for a match-game, and - having missed a sitter - bangs the edge of your bat against the edge of the table...:mad:

Kindest regards,

James

OMG YES! That's So True! & Yeah I also wanted to know what happened to that little angry kid, what an idiot he was.. lack of sportsmanship.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hahaha. I'm going to tell a story. I am going to stick with the delusional and ridiculous because it is funny.

I used to play at this bar where they have tables and a lot of recreational players who have never seen a real club/tournament level player. At this place there are a lot of characters who really just don't have a clue that they are bad.

My friends and I would go and basically put on a show. Simple drills. Not stuff that would show a real player our level. Sometimes it was cross court counterhitting fast, or loop to block. Or one person would back up and lob and the other person would control smash.

Every so often someone would come up and be, like, I'm better than you guys. I bet I can beat you. Or something like that. We would always try to be nice. We had guys try to bet $500.00 (I don't know why that particular number came up so often; But it did). We would be nice because the real players would never be the ones doing this. I never let one of those clowns pay me anything but I did let them buy me a beer.

So this one particular time, this guy wasn't one of the betting people. But he was arrogant and angry. Now I saw right away that there was no use playing with my right hand so I played the first game with my left hand. (This place most people play games to 21 and so you know they don't actually play for real.)

So, against my left hand he did not get over 10. I am not really that good with my left hand. But when we were done he was angry and told me he was going to beat me and went to play on the other table to get ready to beat me. (Hehe). 30 min later he wanted to play again. Same basic results. Same response after but he started getting nastier and there was anger and insults and statements about how bad he was going to beat me. So, 30 min later he came back and said he wanted to play again and that he was going to beat me this time. So I told him, "didn't you notice that I was playing with my left hand. Here, I will show you what will happen if I play more than half." I played with my right hand and at 20-1 I gave him one extra mercy point and he started mouthing off about how he was going to beat me. So I politely said to him, "look, for you to beat me, you would actually have to learn how to play first and that could take years!"

Sent from Godric'sHollow using the ResurrectionStone

Last edited:

Ian

This user has no status.

Ian

This user has no status.
Feb 2011
When your opponent starts hitting the ball as hard as he can in the pre-match knock-up

tumblr_inline_nple5dCbsU1s0fuu3_500.gif

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Read 1 reviews
Greetings,

OMG YES! That's So True! & Yeah I also wanted to know what happened to that little angry kid, what an idiot he was.. lack of sportsmanship.
Having searched the internet for his name, it appears that he was banned for a year plus a conditional suspension for six months, and the umpire lost his accreditation for one year:

http://ttfr.ru/rus/news/4152-reshenie-sportivno-distsiplinarnoi-komissii-fntr/ ----------- Dmitry Melnichenko disqualified for a period of one year and conditional suspension for a half a year. Judge V. Blagodatskikh deprived of accreditation for a period of one year. Detais (in russian) here: http://ttfr.ru/rus/news/4152-reshenie-sportivno-distsiplinarnoi-komissii-fntr/
This was posted by the individual who posted the YT video:

Kindest regards,

James

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Read 6 reviews
Number 2 and number 10 is always true for me. For 2, there is a long pips push blocker at the club i play at. He just stand there relaxes with little movement. He doesn't even sweat. Here i am looping my life out and he still wins sometimes. As for 10, there is an old man i played with before. I beat him for the first time after he beat me before a lot. He walks up to me and says "You didn't play well, it was just me playing bad today". I consider that an insult but i am still happy as i was the better player than won.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
When your opponent starts hitting the ball as hard as he can in the pre-match knock-up

tumblr_inline_nple5dCbsU1s0fuu3_500.gif

That's a relly good one! Did anybody see players hitting the ball as hard as possible in the pre-match warm-up and choing afterwards? I will try this in my next tournament.

Last edited: