Interesting new experience regarding my playing style!

This user has no status.
Well, if you talk about rubbers then i want a recommendation here rather than i start a thread.

Recently i played with 3 rackets, and i found that most of them are great for my forehand regardless which rubber i use, but for backhand i feel that i have something in one rubber and have something else in another rubber, so i don't know which i prefer more or i should sacrifice.

Tenergy 05FX is really an amazing rubber on my BH, but as usual, it is not helping me much for spinney serves receiving, but for loop or smash or flick it is just perfect, the one that i like or almost doing a great job for me in receiving spin serves is Rakza 7 Soft, but it is not as strong for attack as Tenergy 05 or 05FX, i don't care about those who play in a master/pro mode and can use Tenergy 05FX and Rakza 7 soft, i am not a high level or pro and i don't think i will reach this level any soon.

So, if i want a rubber that is as fast as Tenergy 05 or 05FX but soft or softer than Rakza 7 soft then i will be happy, and forgive me if i asked here, but let it be as a topic related, consider it as this rubber you will recommend will change my playing style or give me new experience, and i hope it won't go into so long list of recommendations, if you feel it is hijacking and you will give many recommendations then i will start another thread [sometimes it is un necessary to increase threads if the answer can be so short or quick].

Reactions: bobpuls
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
Dear Anders,
I am not afraid of loosing it all in one bet, are you sure that in case I try H3 and don't like this means that I won't like any other tacky rubber(except the astronomic price ones :D) for sure ?

Not 100% ofc, one can never be :) But I'm pretty sure if you don't like the H3 NEO at all, I mean if you hate it, then you won't like any other rubber of the same rubber class.. Ofc if you try one with a different, softer and more springy euro-ish sponge you might like it, but that ain't what the Hurricane's about ;)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yep. I would say, if you don't like H3 then the chance of you liking a lesser quality hard-tacky rubber are slim.

@ Tareq: the most important thing to help you improve your receive of spinny serves with your backhand would still be training and learning how to receive serves with your backhand. Changing rubbers can't help you learn to read and respond to varied spin.

Sent from the Oracle of Delphi by the Pythia

This user has no status.
Yep. I would say, if you don't like H3 then the chance of you liking a lesser quality hard-tacky rubber are slim.

@ Tareq: the most important thing to help you improve your receive of spinny serves with your backhand would still be training and learning how to receive serves with your backhand. Changing rubbers can't help you learn to read and respond to varied spin.

Thanks, but this is not the help or answer i was looking for, but again thanks.

Reactions: Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thanks, but this is not the help or answer i was looking for, but again thanks.

Oh, I know. You want an equipment recommendation. You want a rubber that will magically help your backhand return serves. That just is not how things work in table tennis. When you work on the technique for the backhand and learn how to read the serves, then all those rubbers are good for your backhand. My example would be Der_Echte: he can use anything on his backhand because his backhand is so darn good that all he needs is an $8.00 control rubber.

You could try the one he used and swore by for years. Dawei 2008XP. It is only $8.00 and has a lot of control. But the real reason he can use that rubber or any other and play at the level he does is because his backhand is just really, really good. No shortcut will get you what you want. You have to learn how to read spin and return it. That takes hard work and practice.

Last edited:
Reactions: fais and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Oh, I know. You want an equipment recommendation. You want a rubber that will magically help your backhand return serves. That just is not how things work in table tennis. When you work on the technique for the backhand and learn how to read the serves, then all those rubbers are good for your backhand. My example would be Der_Echte: he can use anything on his backhand because his backhand is so darn good that all he needs is an $8.00 control rubber.

You could try the one he used and swore by for years. Dawei 2008XP. It is only $8.00 and has a lot of control. But the real reason he can use that rubber or any other and play at the level he does is because his backhand is just really, really good. No shortcut will get you what you want. You have to learn how to read spin and return it. That takes hard work and practice.

There's nothing to add to that. Excellent carl.

Tareq, it can be quite frustrating misreading the serves, but we all been there. It even happens to top level players. So no need to get frustrated, but need for work... :)

*story-mode on*
Our team booked a training session the last weekend by former german womens National Team member Tanja Krämer. She still plays womens Bundesliga. (Germany's highest female league)
And she told us, that one of her biggest weapons are her serves. Even at that pro level!!! And she's really good at it.

Many things we learned from that 2x2 hour session. Every penny spent was worth it!

So just keep playing and reflecting afterwards what has actually happened... Analyzing Vids of yourself can be very, very helpful on this.
Just give yourself some time to develop... ;)

Last edited:
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews

Well.. He could get a sheet of the old Lego rubbers from Neubauer like the Scalpel or the Super Block, then he would not have to worry about reading them serves. But then again he would not be able to play backhand at all so :p

This user has no status.
I would like to see videos of Der_Echte you are talking about, and also your video to see what or how you play and receive serves, maybe this will help me if you think rubbers aren't the solution, but please your videos not the masters/pro/coaches as i saw them and it didn't make me better yet, i said i need long time to practice, but i want something now to help for less damage, i said i used 2 rubbers and both giving me different outcome or results, so rubbers can make some effects.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
And this is the anatomy of a TareqPhoto thread hijacking. Entertaining to say the least.

Anders, cool that using H3 has been good for you since you tried it out.

Tareq, the fantasy of having a rubber that allows you to receive serve the way a long pips rubber would and yet, somehow allows you to attack the way T05fx does sound alluring. However that rubber doesn't exist.

And--since what you are asking for now goes way beyond the scope of a recommendation for a rubber--I recommend that you make a new thread about receiving serve with your backhand. The best thing you could do is start by including video of YOURSELF receiving serve with your forehand and backhand. Then some people may be able to try and help you understand where you may be going wrong. If video of the pros receiving serve has not helped you, and if you have refused coaching because the coach wants you to change your grip or because you have gotten into arguments with coaches about what they are having you work on, then video of someone else is not going to help. But video of you may actually help because people might be able to tell you things that would help you change your mistakes and improve.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cornel and Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If you search, there are a few videos of me on here. Go at it.

But video of someone else is not going to help you. [emoji2]

And this is definitely an official hijacking. Sorry Anders. Your subject is much better than Tareq wanting people to help him with his backhand in the middle of a thread about the benefits you received from switching to H3.

But if Tareq had a legitimate desire to learn instead of arguing with people and talking about his own subject matter in someone else's thread, he could create his own thread. That might be interesting if Tareq actually wanted people to help him improve his backhand.

The question would be, could Tareq listen to the help people would offer or would he want to argue or find a new magical rubber that can play like long pips on one shot and like Tenergy on the next shot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Sorry Tareq: but stop hijacking and open a new thread for your issues. You can call yourself lucky that Dan and the other moderators are so patient.
I know forums where your posts would have been deleted after ignoring the first warning!!
The original topic is getting a little burried right here!!!

Ok??

Back to topic:
I actually love the unforgiveness of h3. If you want to make your shot land on the table you have to move your feet and make sure you're in position. You gotta be willing to work on your footwork