TTD guidelines and rules when selling and buying equipment

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Please follow the guidelines here:

1) Tags: (Please use the appropriate topic tag to precede the item title, for uniformity)
FS:
FS/FT:
FT:
LF:
**(Acronyms: FS-for sale, FT-for trade, LF-looking for)

2) TTD is not an auction site and therefore sellers must set a price for any FS items. Threads that fail to adhere to this will be deleted after a warning.

3) Sellers are strongly encouraged to post pictures of blades for sale directly within the thread, or they should provide links to other sites where prospective buyers can see photos of what is being sold. There is a lot of counterfeit products for sale around the world and to avoid forum members being tricked to buy any counterfeit products. This also allows the entire forum can then see the blade, it helps to identify fakes and thereby reduce conterfeit products.

4) It is not allowed to sell blades known to be counterfeits on TTD, even if they are identified as such by the seller.

5) Guidelines for comments and replies to threads in this section:
Out-of-context posts will be removed.
Comments or questions about the item itself are ok but sometimes negotiations and comments about a particular item can be handled more discretely by PM.
DO NOT CRITICIZE PEOPLE'S ASKING PRICE.
DO NOT ADVERTISE YOUR ITEM IN SOMEONE ELSE'S THREAD.

6) Close thread: (after the item has been sold/traded)
Make it known that the item is no longer available editing the title in the top thread by replacing the tag with "SOLD:...".

7) Business owners who want to advertise or sell products should do so by purchasing a banner, not through a thread. Advertising is defined as a business owner trying to promote their products and services through the use of threads, posts, and signatures.

8) Members who bump excessively (more than every other day) will be warned by moderators to stop. Also, do not open more than one thread for the same piece of equipment for sale.

9) The FS section is designed to provide a communication system that allows buyers and sellers to make contact with each other. The moderators only police the content of FS section. This forum (its owners, admins and mods) cannot accept any responsibility for the specific transactions that may result. Administration of the forum cannot police something that happens outside the virtual world of this website. However, we retain the right to take our own measures against any inappropriate activity that undermines reputation and/or proper functioning of the forum. In other words, let the buyer and seller beware.

10) The Trader/feedback section allows users to make comments about whether a member has lived up to his/her commitments in previous transactions. It provides some indication of the amount of accumulated trust, but it is not a perfect system. The moderators will ban obvious scammers and spammers, but it is difficult for us to know all the facts in the event of a disagreement. Ultimately both buyer and seller need to use reasonable discretion and precaution, including using Paypal in a way that is prudent. We strongly discourage use of the Paypal gift option for transactions here.

Here is a link to the Trader forum

11) If you are a seller, you must indicate where the blade will be shipped from. This can be an issue owing to customs, different reliability of shipping systems, and length of time for transit. Buyers may wish to consider this in their decision making.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
quick question, its stated that it's not an auction site and price must be stated. what if it's a rare blade that you came accross and have absolutely NO idea what it's worth, how would one find out what it's worth so they could post the price?

Also great thread, this will be very useful. good job.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
quick question, its stated that it's not an auction site and price must be stated. what if it's a rare blade that you came accross and have absolutely NO idea what it's worth, how would one find out what it's worth so they could post the price?

Also great thread, this will be very useful. good job.
Good question shuki! I would recommend to do some investigation and get some advise from the forum experts before putting it up for sale. Another option is to start a FS thread with a high asking price. If you see there is no response from the members you could either take the price down or tell the price is negotiable.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
These rules protect everyone. They obviously protect buyers by giving them the best chance to be sure that they are going to get what they are paying for.

But it also protects those who have something they want to sell that is a real and legitimate product. An honest seller with integrity will benefit from these rules as well.

Thanks to Giang for being in charge of this function on the forum and on top of things. You guys should all hit the like button on his detailed post. If I could, I would hit the like button more than once!

Sent from the Oracle of Delphi by the Pythia

Last edited:
Reactions: urbanzakapa
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
sprry double post

Last edited:
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
These are the same rules at MyTT (in fact the wording is in most cases identical). These rules have been refined there over a number of years as various issues came up. They work pretty well there and will here too.

osting photos or links to photos is one of the newest things we implemented at MyTT because it enables "crowd-sourcing" the identification of fake equipment. The more eyes the better. People might want to go over there to check the threads on use of Paypal, so people know how to protect themselves.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Is it allowed to make a thread to make everyone know that I sell something on Ebay? I am not a business man. I just want to make sure everyone can get a shot at buying my rare blade.

I would create the thread like any other FS thread but with a link to the ebay auction instead of a price.

lots of ways to scam through ebay. Why not just post a for sale thread here and if someone buys it close the ebay sale?

This user has no status.
I would like to make it so that all people have 10 days to fight over the price so everyone gets a shot at it with knowing their oponents price. And I would only accept paypal via buyer and not via gift so there is no way that I can scam them. Or can I make something similar here in TTDaily where everyone can write their prices as a post and I accept the highest after 10 days?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
I would like to make it so that all people have 10 days to fight over the price so everyone gets a shot at it with knowing their oponents price. And I would only accept paypal via buyer and not via gift so there is no way that I can scam them. Or can I make something similar here in TTDaily where everyone can write their prices as a post and I accept the highest after 10 days?
Hi there Epid3xia.
Welcome to the site.
I see no problem for you to make an auction where ppl can place their bids in their posts.

As you are new here you have to earn you credibility so if you have any feedback of previous transaction that will help you in your sales journey.

Good luck.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
There are LOTS of ways to scam through ebay. make sure you understand exactly how ebay works and all their rules before making a purchase. You never know if a player posted an older picture of a blade in better quality, and then when you recieve it they could just say "that's not how I sent it".

Also if you get a refund from the seller make sure they use the REFUND button on the same sale and not just send you money as a refund through another paypal transaction. otherwise paypal will no honor the refund and the seller could simply withdraw his transaction up to a year later. be careful with ebay even more so than buying on this website.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Worth looking at these for people wanting to sell and unfamiliar with the rules.

Please note: rule #3 says that sellers are strongly encouraged to post photos. They don’t have to. But I am not so sure I would buy from someone who was not willing to post to the whole forum.

We have had many instances where someone was trying to sell and wouldn’t post photos except in PM to prospective buyers. It turns out the products were counterfeit and the seller didn’t want to post photos because someone on the forum would have known the items were counterfeit.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
5) Guidelines for comments and replies to threads in this section:
Out-of-context posts will be removed.
Comments or questions about the item itself are ok but sometimes negotiations and comments about a particular item can be handled more discretely by PM.
DO NOT CRITICIZE PEOPLE'S ASKING PRICE.
DO NOT ADVERTISE YOUR ITEM IN SOMEONE ELSE'S THREAD.

There is good practice on some forums when community doesn't want price comments to lock up threads in sales section.

When threads are open I think that in some cases price should be comented at least for other people to know more informations, expecially when price of used stuff is same as new.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
There is good practice on some forums when community doesn't want price comments to lock up threads in sales section.

When threads are open I think that in some cases price should be comented at least for other people to know more informations, expecially when price of used stuff is same as new.

fanoftt, arguing with the rules after breaking them does not look like good form.

If a TTDaily member does not find the price of an item to their liking, they won't buy it.

You will note, the FS thread you commented on earlier about the price of chintanmashroo's blade, that thread has been there for half a year. Nobody seems to have needed the comments you made.

So you arguing here on the rules, after getting told the rules, to me, seems a bit problematic.

By the way, there are times when people sell or try to sell old blades at prices much higher than the price from a store for a brand new one. Sometimes you have to sort out why the seller thinks the item is worth his asking price.

But if you disagree with a seller's asking price, you cannot argue in a thread about it.

If you think someone is trying to defraud people, then contact Giang or me. But if someone is just asking a higher price than you think is appropriate, what you should do is just ignore the thread. Not what you are doing.

The rules Giang came up with were thought about long and hard. Your job is not to break those rules.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Sorry , I don't argue rules, just comment this after being pointed out that list of rules..

Price and the state of the blade is commented in that thread allready by other member, so didn't think is so much of a deal

Last edited: