How often do you glue your rubber??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
I speed glued my Tenergy 05 last monday, wow it was increddible.
Today i think of doing the same again, but does it kill the rubber over a time or is it okay to speed glue it some times???

This user has no status.
But i think it will lessen the life cycle of the sponge. By the time you keep regluing it, the previous glue keep stacking on the sponge make it harder and harder.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

How about removing the old glue before? Not an easy job but it feels like a new rubber isn't it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
The speed glue soaks into the sponge. Not all of it can be removed. The sponge does become heavier and heavier. Speed gluing changes the sponge forever.

I don't re-glue unless the rubber is starting to come off. When I push I sometime make contact with the rubber and the table and that tends to peel the rubber off the blade.

BTW, hello from Qinhaungdao. During dinner we had plenty of white wine and beer. There was lots of kong bei or empty glass. Then we played or attempted to play table tennis. The hotel had a nice table.

Last edited:
Reactions: urbanzakapa
Agree with Pnachtwey, because I think for me maybe when I speed glued my rubber, it tends to produce amazing fast shots with morr power in it, perhaps because the sponge turned harder when all the speed glue soaked in it.

Thats why people said that it could ruin your rubber if u keep regluing it ( with speed glue).

But right now there are plenty of good water based glue that has about the same effect as speed glue. I myself use Nittaku Finezip, a waterbased glue. And you can optimise your performance depends on how many layer of glue you put on it. And of course you can take the glue off from the rubber.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk