Who do you think will win the Swedish Open 2015?

• Xu Xin

Votes: 20 32.3%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 29 46.8%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Fang Bo

• Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yan An

• Koki Niwa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Yes, although I am a fan of Mizutani I never supposed he can beat Liang Jingkun. Out of the 3 mentioned chinese players Jingkun has the best season IMO.

Okay. My point is that no matter what you think, Jingkun upset Mizutani, and that Mizutani is a good enough player that it is 50-50. Maybe in another year, it won't matter, but right now, it is still 50-50.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
And Zhang Jike is out.

Beautifully played by Jens Lundkvist. He consistently used softer than usual backhand blocks to rob Zhang of any pace to work with. It took the edge of the attacks in a very effective way. Never seen that tactic used against Zhang before, but it seemed to work surprisingly well.

Congrats to Jens Lundkvist :)

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Quarter Final Schedule:

Xu Xin vs Chuang Chih-Yuan
Kristian Karlsson vs Jens Lundqvist
Jingkun Liang vs Marcos Freitas
Anton Kallberg vs Fan Zhendong

Administrator
Oct 2010
LIVE NOW: Fan Zhendong vs Anton Kallberg! Quarter finals! Sweden! Join us in the chat lounge + live streaming here: http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/ittfstream.php?do=ittf

12249809_10153394362684332_8905444921017513794_n.jpg

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Three sweds are fighting in quaterfinal and there are so little people supporting? Strange.. Even in Poland there were much more.

You are right very little spectators now in comparison to the last 16 round. This is because tonight in Sweden is the biggest football match of the year so most of the crowd has gone to watch that I am afraid. I think if there was no international football match this hall would be packed!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
It seems kalberg uses same serve as Stefan fegerl and again FZD had problems with reading spin.
Sure, Källberg's service was tricky, but it wasn't where he picked up his points. In fact, most of his points came in open play, especially his counterattacking backhand down the line which Fan had problems reading and reaching, but also his powerful forehands into Fan's backhand which Fan often blocked long.

The way I see it, Källberg's most effective play was his pattern of playing short to the forehand and then attacking very quickly, spinny and low into Fan's deep backhand. That pattern earns him a lot of points against all opponents.

Overall, I think his was an excellent performance against Fan Zhendong. I really enjoy watching him grow tournament by tournament since becoming European Youth Champion. His development curve has been extraordinary since then :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
brabhamista, you're the only swede I know and trust :)
Heheh, you still haven't learnt, have you, vvk?
But seriously, thanks, mate :)

Is it true that "Källberg" should be pronounced "Shellberg"? Like Bobrow kept doing during the match?
Yup, "shell" is very close to the actual pronunciation of "Käll" in "Källberg".

As for the "berg" part, the "g" is not hard like in "get", but soft like the "y" in "yes". A near enough version of "berg" would be something like "bear" plus the "y" sound in "yes".

So yes, Bobrow's pron is not too shabby. He's done some homework :)

Last edited:
Reactions: vvk1
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
brabhamista, you're the only swede I know and trust :). Is it true that "Källberg" should be pronounced "Shellberg"? Like Bobrow kept doing during the match?

Actually more like Shellbery. The Swedish alphabet has 29 letters, the same 26 as English, plus å, ä, and ö. A "k" can have a hard sound (like an English k) if it is followed by a, o, u or å. The k has a soft sound (like English "sh") if it is followed by any of the other vowels, including ä. The ä itself is often sort of like an English short "e" sound or it can be like the sound in English word "pair". K is also soft if it is followed by a je or jä, as in the name of one of my heroes growing up, Kjell Johansson. å sounds a bit like English "oh" or French au, but maybe a little bit further back in your throat. The ö is pronounced like French "eu". SO a name like Åkerström would be pronounced sort of like "Oakerstreum" in English but the oak part is a little bit further back in your throat..

In most Swedish dialects, certainly where I lived anyway (northern suburbs of Stockholm), and maybe everywhere, the g at the end of ---berg would be pronounced like English y, as in "bery". Sort of. The actual sound is somewhere between a short and long y in English, at least where I lived. Also Swedish word for their own country Sverige, is pronounced like "Sver-i-a".

Last edited:
Reactions: megaexception