Who do you think will win the 2015 World Tour Grand Finals?

• Ma Long

Votes: 45 63.4%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marcos Freitas

• Chuang Chih Yuan

• Wong Chun Ting

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
The World Tour Grand Finals sponsored by GAC Group begins on the 10th December and concludes on the 13th December. The Grand Finals is held in city of Lisbon, Portugal with a total prize money of $500,000. What a way to end the year with the spectacular Grand Finals! Newly world Cup champion Ma Long leads the Men's Singles Seedings.

Main Draw

Men's Singles
Women's Singles
Men's Doubles
Women's Doubles

Live matches from the World Tour Grand Finals can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has playback on demand with integrated chat with TableTennisDaily members!

China's Ma Long, the World #1 has qualified into the World Tour Grand Finals as as the #1 seed.

malongworldcup20151.jpg

Ma Long no.1 seed - Photo by: ITTF

Men's Singles Seeds

zhangjikewin2014worldcup.jpg

China's Zhang Jike enters the World Tour Grand Finals as the #5 seed - Photo by ITTF.com

01) Ma Long
02) Fan Zhendong
03) Xu Xin
04) Dimitrij Ovtcharov
05) Zhang Jike
06) Jun Mizutani
07) Marcos Freitas
08) Chuang Chih Yuan
09) Wong Chun Ting
10) Vladimir Samsonov
11) Koki Niwa
12) Jung Youngsik
13) Maharu Yoshimura
14) Lee Sang Su
15) Yuya Oshima
16) Kim Donghyun

Reserve players
17) Jang Woojin
18) Li Ping
19) Kenta Matsudaira

Women Singles Seeds

1liushiwenworldtourgrandfinals2015.jpg

Liu Shiwen enters the World Tour Grand Finals as the #1 seed - Photo by: Xinhua

01) Liu Shiwen
02) Zhu Yuling
03) Ding Ning
04) Ai Fukuhara
05) Kasumi Ishikawa
06) Feng Tianwei
07) Chen Meng
08) Han Ying
09) Ito Mima
10) Seo Hyowon
11) Jeon Jihee
12) Yang Haeun
13) Shan Xiaona
14) Elizabeta Samara
15) Yu Fu
16) Misako Wakamiya

Reserve players
17) Choi Hyojoo
18) Sayaka Hirano
19) Petrissa Solja

Live matches from the World Tour Grand Finals can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has playback on demand with integrated chat with TableTennisDaily members!

Here we go! The race to Lisbon is on, what a show this is going to be! The top 5 seeds in the men's singles are the current top 5 best players in the world, taken from the recent 2015 November ITTF World Ranking List! Will in form Ma Long, the recent winner at the Men's World Cup maintain momentum and win the event? Can Fan Zhendong the victor over Xu Xin at the Swedish Open win the tournament? Zhang Jike has had some set backs recently, can he bounce back? Germany's Dimitrij Ovtcahrov and Jun Mizutani will be looking to take out the Chinese. In the women's event Ding Ning has dropped to number 3 in the world with Liu Shiwen taking top spot. Can Liu Shiwen prove her World Ranking position by capturing gold?

A fantastic event to follow, be sure to get involved on the TTD discussions and join us in the live chat in the ITTF Live Streaming!

We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular World Tour event! What are your predictions from each event.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Chinese players seems to be quite tired lately and have more problems winning with simple players like before. Only Xu xin and ma long keep best Shape, but ma long had some injury last time so we do not know how he is and how he will perform. Only XX looks solid like always and do not suffer big injury lately. I hope some lower ranked player Can cause upset for chinese players. Maybe maharu yoshimura.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Reactions: achalwins94
I'm here in Zhengding , the staffs told me due to the construction of the facilities this year, China team is not here right now for the World Final, but i'm requested the staff to take me to their main training facility in Beijing if they could. So hopefully i get a change to meet them in person :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Hi Achalwins94: Timo Boll is not taking part i'm afraid. Full details here: http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/f...38-Timo-Boll-can-t-play-the-World-Cup-in-2015

Umm... actually, that's not the reason. The link explains the reason why he didn't take part in the World Cup 2015, but not why he's not playing in the Grand Finals.

As far as I'm aware he's not going to the Grand Finals for two reasons:
1. He hasn't fulfilled the qualification requirements. Boll has played only 2 out of 5 required events.
2. He has no yet fully recovered from recent surgery in his knee (Or ankle. One or the other, not sure which, I'm afraid).

He's been off his German League team for a while now. Hope to see him back at the table soon :)

Last edited:
Reactions: achalwins94
Administrator
Oct 2010
The Main Draw for the World Tour Grand Finals has been released. Matches have begun today from the under 21's event and doubles event. The main draw of the singles event begins tomorrow. Check out the line ups in the links below!

Main Draw

Men's Singles
Women's Singles
Men's Doubles
Women's Doubles

Men's Singles Round of 16

Ma Long vs Marcos Freitas
Jun Mizutani vs Dimitrij Ovtcharov
Zhang Jike vs Lee Sang Su
Yuya Oshima vs Jung Youngsik
Fan Zhendong vs Kim Donghyun
Chuang Chih Yuan vs Wong Chun Ting
Vladimir Samsonov vs Koki Niwa
Jang Woojin vs Xu Xin

Who do you think will progress to the round of 8?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Good question Carl, maybe Ma Long used this as an excuse just so he can withdraw and recover for this event

Well, hopefully, his neck is better. I have actually been wondering about that since he did that backwards somersault while celebrating his win at the World Cup. The way he did it can really do damage to the disks in your neck. Lets hope he's better.