World Junior Table Tennis Championships 2015

Who do you think will win the 2015 World Junior Championships?

• Ho Kwan Kit

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Anton Kallberg

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Liu Dingshuo

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Cho Seungmin

• Xue Fei

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Alexandre Cassin

• Can Akkuzu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cheng Zhu

• An Jaehyun

• Other (Post Below)

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
The World Junior Table Tennis Championships takes place in Vendee, France and begins on the 29th November and concludes on the 6th December 2015.

Stage 1 from the team events will begin on the 29th November. The finals of the team event will start on the 2nd December. The singles events will begin on the 3rd December with the finals tak place on the 6th December.

Main Draw

Boy's Singles
Girl's Singles
Today's Matches

Live matches from the World Junior Championships can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has playback on demand with integrated chat with TableTennisDaily members!

Hong Kong's Ho Kwan Kit, the World #2 has entered the World Junior Championships as the #1 seed.

hokwankitwjc2015.jpg

Ho Kwan Kit no.1 seed - Photo by: ITTF

Boy's Singles Seeds

antonkallbergwjc2015.jpg

Sweden's Anton Kallberg enters the World Junior Championships as the #2 seed - Photo by

01) Ho Kwan Kit
02) Anton Kallberg
03) Liu Dingshuo
04) Cho Seungmin
05) Xue Fei
06) Alexandre Cassin
07) Can Akkuzu
08) Cheng Zhu
09) An Jaehyun
10) Brian Afanador

Girl's Singles Seeds

wangmanyuwjc2015.jpg

Wang Manyu enters the WJC as the #1 seed - Photo by: ITTF

01) Wang Manyu
02) Chen Xingtong
03) Chen Ke
04) Soo Wai Yam
05) Tamolwan Khetkhuan
06) Bruna Takahashi
07) Audrey Zarif
08) Kim Jiho
09) Wang Yidi
10) Adina Diaconu

For full player entries can be found here.

Live matches from the World Junior Championships can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has playback on demand with integrated chat with TableTennisDaily members!

A fantastic event to follow, be sure to get involved on the TTD discussions and join us in the live chat in the ITTF Live Streaming!

We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from the spectacular World Junior Championships! What are your predictions from each event.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
I'd say the women's title seems destined for Wang Manyu for a second time since Japan is absent. If she takes it, it will not be a surprise. However, I hold Wang Yidi as a more than competent outsider well worth keeping an eye on.

I do miss Hina Hayata, Hirano Miu and Ito Mima in the draw though. It's a pity Japan isn't taking part as they have a fantastic team and would have stood a great chance of bringing home both the team and individual events.

When it comes to the men, any one of the the Top9 ranked players stand a decent chance, IMHO. It's practically impossible to predict, but out of the Asian players Xue Fei and Ho Kwan Kit gets my vote and among the Europeans Anton Källberg and Alexandre Cassin look a step ahead of the rest.
Outside the Top10, I think the only threat would be Wang Chuqin who is a fantastic player with incredibly smooth footwork and strokes.

I'm really looking forward to this tournament. Lots of new exciting players and great table tennis.

Oh, and if Darko Jorgic's backhand fires on all cylinders, it may well take him into the last 8. But that's a big "if" as his performances are very much up and down. Very powerful and exciting to watch though :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Oh, FINALLY a decent visual live score web app!

I wish ITTf would implement something like this one for all their tournaments. It gives a quick, comprehensive overview of the current matches.

But... please, oh, please... Why do the developers not understand that the web today is ruled - and ever-increasingly so - by smartphones, not computers?!? The app doesn't work unless you use flash.

It's simply crap development strategy to use a dying technology when there are modern, financially viable and fully compatible solutions out there. Incomprehensible...

http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/livescore/scoreboard.aspx?id=79E94712-8D44-4111-8B32-BF8E95BFA171

Last edited:
Administrator
Oct 2010
The World Junior Champions in both the boy's and girls team event are China.

Results below:

Junior Boy's Team Event

juniorboyteam2015.jpg

Junior Girl's Team Event

juniorgirlteam2015.jpg

Reactions: violoniste18
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Xue Fei, title in mixed and boys doubles. can he take the 3rd in boys singles?

Too bad the MS end too soon. Serve call are strict and Liu got a warning but Xue lost a point straight away in game two which left him in the cold. After that it is all one way for Liu. I believe Liu is the better player but CHO too much and too loud.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Too bad the MS end too soon. Serve call are strict and Liu got a warning but Xue lost a point straight away in game two which left him in the cold. After that it is all one way for Liu. I believe Liu is the better player but CHO too much and too loud.

That shouting was really annoying, but to be honest, Liu won almost all of the important rallies.