Create your own blade.

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
ok
Here we go again
This time video about colorizing wood ....
And here we go with the Leather handles !!!
Enjoy

IMG_20190507_211033.jpg

Btw ... it is for sale

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
ok
Here we go again
This time video about colorizing wood ....
And here we go with the Leather handles !!!
Enjoy

View attachment 19395

Btw ... it is for sale

Nice video. Fun to watch.

what is the middle ply? The one that looks almost like cloth it is so bendy?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
more than 15% artificial fibers in your racket and you going to jail. I don't know how ITTF can measure the weight of my carbon materials.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
And it doesn't need to be ittf approved?

And if this question is about the leather on the handle, if that was against the rules than people would not be allowed to add grip tape to their handles. I may not want it. But, it does look nice and I am sure if feels good. And lots of people would like the leather handle. Good grip. Absorbs sweat.

Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
nice video. When watching it everything seems so easy :) How are the leather handles? How do they perform?
the handles are awesome on feeling ... and when your hands gets wet they grip even better .... but the feeling depends on each man how he prefer it ... hard or soft ... and also all depends on wood chosen underneath of the leather ... in this case bass wood+ kiri

Nice video. Fun to watch.

what is the middle ply? The one that looks almost like cloth it is so bendy?
the middle ply is silver fir ... my most used middle ply light and neutral .

How much vibration does the leather remove?
this also depends on the wood which is underneath ... project it like grip tape on your handle .

And it doesn't need to be ittf approved?
no

more than 15% artificial fibers in your racket and you going to jail. I don't know how ITTF can measure the weight of my carbon materials.
trust me carbon is much lighter then wood so no worry there ....

And if this question is about the leather on the handle, if that was against the rules than people would not be allowed to add grip tape to their handles. I may not want it. But, it does look nice and I am sure if feels good. And lots of people would like the leather handle. Good grip. Absorbs sweat.
no rules from ittf on the handle part ..

Thank you all

btw i`m short on money and this blade is men to be sold ... but i can do a giveaway but only for some respected people who will evaluate the handle and feel ...there is nothing special on the wood ... good quality all+ blade ... everyone will love it ;-)

so what do you think ?

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
I was just wondering about it. I have seen players change the handle completely and no-one asks a thing from them.
But, just made a question in my mind.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I was just wondering about it. I have seen players change the handle completely and no-one asks a thing from them.
But, just made a question in my mind.

If you used a plank of wood, or a 12" length of 2" by 4", as long as one side has black and one side has red (soon the second side will be okay to be any color but black), and there isn't more than a certain percentage of composite material (carbon, ALC etc), then you are fine.

The players who change handles, hide what they are using, those things are done to hide from the fans what they are using. And that is usually done when what they are using is not what they and their sponsors say they are using. Like when FZD uses a Viscaria with a Stiga Infinity handle. Or when Dima hides the plies and handle so you just cannot see it at all. Those things are because they don't want people to see that they are not using what they say they use in advertisements for their company sponsors.

Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Ok, after a while of experimenting and stuff ... i have a new results.... maybe it helps someone maybe not...

This time i was int testing a leather onto handles ..so, some time to get to good leather, and some to process it ...
The process of using and gluing is a different type of coffee, so i have spend some time to get a good results ....
For now the workflow looks good, but still is work in progress (it is uncharted waters for leather treatment for me, even i have watched many youtube videos about it ).
Have in mind that it is not so clean and sharp, like working with wood , but still is and it feels good ... I have them tested with multiple players in our club... everyone likes it ...
After you engage it more and more it will repay you with more and more grip. It feels like ideal handle ... Maybe not for twiddlers (i did not find anyone for test it this way) .
Response is a little bit muted in feeling (mainly because im using thin leather), but still good response .
See here some photos and descriptions under neath .
IMG_20200102_185919_1.jpg
here are first prototypes..
first is my playing and testing blade (btw 68 grams with handle, and still off-,this composition was made for one guy from this forum (never got feedback for this one, but i really like it) ) second is the one i have made a video "colorized blade" ... now it is a price for young players competitions. And last one is final product , still for me ;-) (original made for a winner of competition but after a small talk and negotiation it is back in my hands ... )
IMG_20200102_155205_1.jpg
composition is
Limba0.6 (sanded) ayous 0.8 carbon 70 grams Kiri 3.0 carbon 70 grams ayous 0.8 limba 0.6 (sanded )
off-
what is a strange is it has the same wood as the one blade i`m already using (only difference is aramid carbon vs carbon ) and it is slower ... i was awaiting a little bit faster blade ...
IMG_20200102_155225_1.jpg

IMG_20200102_155005_1.jpg
i hope you like it ...

And one last thing
i created after a looooooong time a logo for me ... here you go ..
Bobika_logo.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Hey Robert!

I was looking through your thread today for information on whether other blade builders use a "climb-cut" on their router (i.e., going clock-wise with the direction of the cutter-head) to get smoother edges on their blades - I found the information I was looking for. I don't know if I ever read this entire thread before and I just wanted to say how much I appreciate your willingness to share your process and share the new things you've implemented over the years. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: bobpuls
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Hey Robert!

I was looking through your thread today for information on whether other blade builders use a "climb-cut" on their router (i.e., going clock-wise with the direction of the cutter-head) to get smoother edges on their blades - I found the information I was looking for. I don't know if I ever read this entire thread before and I just wanted to say how much I appreciate your willingness to share your process and share the new things you've implemented over the years. Thanks!
Really thanks for this reply... It is some kind of satisfaction to read this lines. And I'm glad I could help others.

Here is one video I have promised months ago for the leather handle process..
It is harder than in video, but the general idea and results are there.
Now to next challenge....

Last edited:
Reactions: lodro and Nate4s