Create your own blade.

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
hmmm i did not figure out how to attach your post into the first post .....
It looks like i have to copy paste it re-save and re-attach the pictures....
Did someone now how to do it ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
but if you want to get best bound with carbon or aramid ...then you have to .

Its expnsive though. I can get the carbon for around 12€ but it's 30€ for the glue and I believe it doesn't last long.
Has anyone tried polyurethane glue instead of normal pva wood glue on an all wood blade? Does it make much difference to the hardness or weight?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
The PU is heavier and the bounce of the ball is more violent.
You will receive the blade difficult to use in slow ball touches type close to the net.

The pva wood glue is not good, because the wood absorbs it differently depending on its characteristics, also the pva wood glue suffer much moisture changing its characteristics and therefore also those of the blade.

Have you tried with MS Polymer adhesives? ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
The PU is heavier and the bounce of the ball is more violent.
You will receive the blade difficult to use in slow ball touches type close to the net.

The pva wood glue is not good, because the wood absorbs it differently depending on its characteristics, also the pva wood glue suffer much moisture changing its characteristics and therefore also those of the blade.

Have you tried with MS Polymer adhesives? ;)

I haven't tried it. Does it create a good strong bond?

Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Thanks Bobpuls, really useful. Mine are created in a similar way to you, except I don't have a handle on the top and on the bottom.
This way i just creating two handles in one process..... To save time....

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Hey Bobpuls, i'm not sure if i've sent you this already.

From my knowledge the textreme® cloth is actually an aramid/carbon cloth, very close to the arylate/carbon cloth, just looking a little darker since it's black&grey instead of black&blue and hence looks a little darker.
http://www.textreme.com/technology

In case a blademaker like Bobpuls or MDP or others read this, it can be also purchased here:
http://www.hoelleinshop.com/Zubehoe...icle&ProdNr=RG1902761&t=49303&c=67923&p=67923

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
No you did not .
Thanks . it is always good to have multiple sources .
But for the Textreme ... the bound is to wide (2cm) i`m not sure if this is good for blade , otherways it looks interesting.
Thanks
Hey Bobpuls, i'm not sure if i've sent you this already.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
Sep 2016
how about shaving or cutting around the bat to make it smaller, not the handle ????????????

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
how about shaving or cutting around the bat to make it smaller, not the handle ????????????

Glad you made it to this thread. I think bobpuls should be able to give you an answer.

But I am going to give him my understanding of your actual question based on your thread jamesmith.

jamesmith has a blade and he wants to make the head smaller. He is thinking about sanding, shaving or cutting to make the blade smaller.

jamesmith, what kind of blade is it? Is it wood or composite?

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
sanding for sure!
It will be the easiest and least damaging to the blade.

If you were planning to take 2-4 mm off the blade would you do that by sanding?

Would you mark the blade to make sure you got the shape you wanted?

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
From reading about Textreme it sounded more like a uniaxial carbon than ALC. I couldnt see that it has any aramid or vectran in the weave. Maybe i am missing something?

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl

MDP

This user has no status.

MDP

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Read 1 reviews
From reading about Textreme it sounded more like a uniaxial carbon than ALC. I couldnt see that it has any aramid or vectran in the weave. Maybe i am missing something?

I agree (based on the information on the website). The alignment of the carbon fibers into thin 'tapes' is what makes the difference here.
On the bottom of the page it reads :
[FONT=&quot]"Adding other fibers such as Innegra[/FONT][FONT=&quot]®[/FONT][FONT=&quot], Twaron[/FONT][FONT=&quot]®[/FONT][FONT=&quot], Kevlar[/FONT][FONT=&quot]®[/FONT][FONT=&quot], Dyneema[/FONT][FONT=&quot]®[/FONT][FONT=&quot] or Zylon[/FONT][FONT=&quot]®[/FONT][FONT=&quot] in order to improve impact tolerance, varying the modulus within the fabric, and changing tape orientation are just a few of the ways to achieve the maximum benefits derived from TeXtreme[/FONT][FONT=&quot]®[/FONT][FONT=&quot]."

[/FONT]
So you can probably get a textreme fabric with arylate too, a sort of 'custom made fabric', but for us mere mortals this will probably be way to expensive.