Which blade is the absolute ultimate for both looping and touch play?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Hi guys,

In your opinion which blade or blades is the absolute ultimate loopers blade that is also good for touch play?

I nominate ridderz65 for the most annoying EJ poster on multiple forums.

These are things you practice - there is no ultimate blade, just the one you build your skills with! You've asked similar questions over and over and it's getting real annoying. And you've opened multiple threads to repeat this kind of nonsense over and over.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015

These are things you practice - there is no ultimate blade, just the one you build your skills with! You've asked similar questions over and over and it's getting real annoying. And you've opened multiple threads to repeat this kind of nonsense over and over.

I'm sorry for being such a pain. That's not my intention. I'm literally just trying my hardest to get as much information as I can prior to purchasing. I will not have any more annoying questions. I've purchased the Andro Ligna FR OFF Blade and the Butterfly Innerforce Layer AL.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I'm sorry for being such a pain. That's not my intention. I'm literally just trying my hardest to get as much information as I can prior to purchasing. I will not have any more annoying questions. I've purchased the Andro Ligna FR OFF Blade and the Butterfly Innerforce Layer AL.

Understood but you are a good enough player (maybe not experienced enough but good enough) to realize that TT Equipment doesn't work this way - it's not a precision science - you are dealing with wood and cheap manufacturing. You just try it out and see if it suits your game - no two blades play exactly the same way. Lots of stories of you buying one blade based on a good experience with a friend's blade and it not playing the same because of something, whether it be different weight etc. IT's one of the reasons why I try to buy blades in pairs at the same time if the price is right.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Understood but you are a good enough player (maybe not experienced enough but good enough) to realize that TT Equipment doesn't work this way - it's not a precision science - you are dealing with wood and cheap manufacturing. You just try it out and see if it suits your game - no two blades play exactly the same way. Lots of stories of you buying one blade based on a good experience with a friend's blade and it not playing the same because of something, whether it be different weight etc. IT's one of the reasons why I try to buy blades in pairs at the same time if the price is right.

So I presume you saw my youtube videos? If you know my standard?
Yes I've come to the conclusion I must try things out to see if they suit my own personal game. One thing I do try to do is get blades of the same weight.
I'm currently looking for a FH rubber in max that really helps to lift underspin and loops really well. As people tend to push to my FH to avoid my pimples. So I've bought baracuda max and MX-S max to try these. Also thinking Tenergy 05 max and Joola Rhyzm max. What you think to these? Or are there others you think suit a looping underspin and pushes better?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Oh, boy. I have to say I love it. The LULZ that can be had from this subject.

Should I give a story that's real or talk about the goon squad, the secret hideout, the sceptic tank, the trap door, the sewer rats, the Brooklyn bridge, and spin a yarn about the subject that only people who already understand will know. Us Illuminati have it hard.

The goon squad is always on our tail to keep us from letting out trade secrets and the equipment companies all want us to die a slow death but know they would lose the biggest part of their business since the Illuminati are those who have had their hands on more equipment than all the rest.

They know how all the blades and rubbers perform. They know what wood plies and what gluing process was used for each kind of blade and the relative benefits of each.

It's no use. Turn back. It's still not too late. Be afraid. Be very afraid. That mind worm....once it has gotten ahold of you....well, never....um never mind.

Here, I'll say it: the best looping blade is a Gewo High-Power (Balsa Carbon) 6.5!!!

No wait, it's a Schlager Carbon!!

A Primorac Carbon?

Oh, you said looping blade? Some wiring got crossed.

The truth of the matter is to really understand how equipment works you have try a lot of different setups.

Like, every time you hit with someone, get them to try your setup and at the same time try theirs. Do this with hundreds of rackets and hundreds of setups and you will start realizing that blades with similar plies will play similarly BUT NOT THE SAME. And as NextLevel already said, even when a blade is the same exact make (and even weight) no two blades will play exactly the same.

But any blade that is all wood, 5 ply, semi thin, like 5.65mm thickness, so the blade has good flex will be a blade that is good for looping. If you add a top ply that is not too hard like Limba, and a gluing process that facilitates the flex and the feeling, it will be good for looping.

Now that is a lot of blades. Because every blade manufacturer has a few blades that are thin and flexible with a semi-soft top ply and a good gluing process.

Some have more feeling. Some have less. But the feel is something different than what makes a blade good for looping. Although it is nice to have a blade that has good feel and loops and flexes well.

But in the end, if you have a blade that is pretty much suitable for helping you improve at the level you are at, and you play with that blade and only that blade for 1.5-2 months, that will be the best blade. Whichever blade THAT is. And all the other blades will only be second best.

Darn it. I knew I'd mess up and give away trade secrets. Here comes he goon squad. Der_Echte, I need your help to escape this time. I lost track of things and let them get too close while I was writing this.

Gotta Go!!!

Sent from the Oracle of Delphi by the Pythia

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
You don't have to worry about the Der_Meister! He's got skillz and he's got a NextUSA.com National Issue Kit in triplicate including National socks and underwear.

And yes, he came to the rescue and that is why I am able to tell the tale.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Carl... I will cover ur azz this time...

I made an app that will make the goon squad think you are inside Abe's secret hideout so the goon squad will try to track you there... where Abe is ready with another trap door.

Go to Google tt play and download install the app named Goontease.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Any blade between 85 and 95 grams that is not ridiculously fast (or way too slow) that you play with long enough.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Man, you guys have no idea what a life saver Der_Echte was.

After I spilled the beans about what the true and actual best looping blade really is, I turned around and realized the goon squad was on my tail and surrounding me.

There was nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. I really thought it was all over. I was a goner, finito, dead man walking....you get the idea.

Well, anyway, the last time this happened, out of the sky came this giant stream, like from a fire-hose, right at the final moment.

So, I was there and I was thinking "Come on Der_Baby! It's now or never!" I looking towards the sky hoping for help from above. Then I heard a strange sound that cause me to look down.

All of a suddenly, out of the ground came these skeleton boys wielding Nexy Lissoms, Peter Pans and Kim Jung Hoons. Out of the ground. Straight from the UNDERWORLD. There was one that was leading all the otthers. He was sporting a Nexy Sparticus as his weapon of mass destruction.

On the back of his Nexy kit the word "Abe-inator".....As he wielded Spartacus, goon squad baddies crumpled and left piles of dust on the sidewalk. Then the dust seemed to sink into the cracks in the sidewalk and there was this sound as if the dust was making a death rattle saying "curse you UpSideDownCarl, you revealed our secret!" as the dust was sucked into the abyss. Pretty quickly the goon squad had all been turned to dust.

Then what do you know? the army of Nexy AGold phantoms saluted and silently followed the dust of the goon squad baddies. And I got this message to disable the goontease app that Der_Echte had mysteriously downloaded and activated on my NSA SpyPhone: aka the Pythia from the Oracle of Delphi.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
So I presume you saw my youtube videos? If you know my standard?
Yes I've come to the conclusion I must try things out to see if they suit my own personal game. One thing I do try to do is get blades of the same weight.
I'm currently looking for a FH rubber in max that really helps to lift underspin and loops really well. As people tend to push to my FH to avoid my pimples. So I've bought baracuda max and MX-S max to try these. Also thinking Tenergy 05 max and Joola Rhyzm max. What you think to these? Or are there others you think suit a looping underspin and pushes better?

a great rubber that does about everything is Tibhar Genius (the standard one with the yellow sponge), some say Donic Baracuda is identical to Genius (its possible, because its the same production factory, ESN in Germany.

regarding the best blade : for me , the way the handle is shaped is of very big importance ! If the handle suits your hand and way of holding the blade, the difference between blades is more a question of just the speed and flex of the blade !

Reactions: thomas.pong
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
First person to get there:

Wasn't this the same thread that got hijacked by the goon squad already. Okay, basically the same idea.

The answers so far have been good. I guess I will stay out of the entertainment business with this post at least. Okay....one moment....National socks and underwear on....go time.

I think this has already been said a few times. In fact it was said plenty in that other thread about the best something or other.

If you take 10 Viscarias, they will all feel different. Even if you take 10 Viscarias that are the same weight, they will each feel a bit different.

If you take 10 TB ALCs, same deal.

10 TBSs, guess what! I am betting you know the answer.

So, now, if you take 10 Viscarias, 10 TB ALCs and 10 TBSs, you know what you will find, miraculously, they all feel enough the same that the answer to your question is:

They are all different.....no wait, they are all the same....different.....same....different, same, duck season, rabbit season, duck season, rabbit season......I say it's duck season and and I say fire!

Reactions: thomas.pong
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Oh well, I thought I would stay out of be entertainment business.

One thing that can be said and has already:

Whatever blade you choose, if it is a decently good blade like any of the blades you are looking at, after you use it for a few months, THAT ONE WILL BE THE RIGHT ONE FOR YOU!

Think of it like the wands in Harry Potter: the wand chooses the wizard and without the allegiance of the wand the wizard's magic is much less powerful.

As you use a blade and get a feel for playing with it, and establish a connection to it, you start knowing how it works and developing your game, your touch and your technique around that blade.

Choose something, get it over with. And start developing that bond, that connection, with the weapon you choose.

All the blades you are looking at are good pieces of equipment. What I am talking about WILL happen regardless of which blade you decide on.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I only played with Viscaria extensively to know it is a great looping paddle, would like to try Timo Boll Spirit and Timo Boll ALC if I get a chance, Butterfly makes great paddles.Another important point is the rubber, seems like H3 neo work great with Viscaria, both have more gears. if you want to have great loops, get a 39/2.15mm H3 and boosted it, the reason is if you buy most other rubbers, you pretty much know that rubber is going down hill after first few weeks, but when you boost the H3, you are going to experience "different" feelings after each boost and as result from boosting effect slowly goes down, at some point, you might hit a sweet spot, which you can swing or loop with great confidence(given that your form is good). After you learned your preference on boosting, it is like having slightly different rubbers at your on control. This really helped me to develop my game without trying new rubbers and paddles all the time.

Reactions: rbtitco
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
Brilliant stuff Carl! On a serious note; my two Infinity blades are of different blade size. And just as I thought "typical Stiga QC" I discovered that the same goes for my two YEO's. So if you don't want this don't buy the same blade twice.