Why are Evolution rubbers still less popular than tenergy?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Read 1 reviews
Because tenergy is better overall

I played with mxp for 2 years and I agree it's a great rubber, there is an x factor to it that most other rubbers do not have. Mxp loses the factory boost after about 3-4 weeks and the performance goes down 20 percent, roughly. Then it's stable for many months. After the boost wears off, you need to work harder to lift the bill and the arc I think is a bit flatter. I just started playing with tenergy 05, second day only, but I can see the differences. In the short game, tenergy is more spin sensitive, which requires a more active stroke to cut through the spin at the correct angle, whereas with the mxp you can just touch the ball and let the opponent's spin come back on their half. Herein is a difference in the contact, tenergy contact point is shorter and requires more precision and as I said a more active motion and better read of the spin. On the plus side, if executed properly, you have a greater amount of shots you can make with tenergy in the short game and keep the ball shorter than mxp in some situations. Mxp contact with the ball is thick, you can feel the ball sink into the sponge. I disagree about speed, I definitely get more speed out of tenergy on smashes or counter smashes than mxp. The bat has to be more closed with tenergy and the smashing is easier with the mxp, with tenergy 05, you may overshoot. Tenergy 05 is definitely a lot less work when initiating attack with a topspin and easier to win a rally with as you can generate more power with a smaller motion or play a better ball when you are out of position. Tenergy is much easier on the body of you play an attacking style and you can add more deception to your attack as you can generate an attacking shot out of a smaller motion or when you are out of position. I used Viscaria with both rubbers. I still have to see how the Tenergy 05 ages. In short, with good technique, tenergy 05 has more high and short gears.
Mxp is a great attacking rubber, I've tried rakzas, donic, xioms, fastarc, they're ok, but mxp had them clearly beat. Tenergy 05 seems to be even better than mxp. And that's why the bastards at butterfly can charge so much for their equipment, a lot of people will pay the extra money to come to their club and move up the food chain. Before Butterfly Viscaria I used Nittaku acoustic and Nittaku Barwell fleet. Both have great ratings, but Viscaria is noticeably better and it improved my results instantly.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
cache.php

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I played with mxp for 2 years and I agree it's a great rubber, there is an x factor to it that most other rubbers do not have. Mxp loses the factory boost after about 3-4 weeks and the performance goes down 20 percent, roughly. Then it's stable for many months. After the boost wears off, you need to work harder to lift the bill and the arc I think is a bit flatter. I just started playing with tenergy 05, second day only, but I can see the differences. In the short game, tenergy is more spin sensitive, which requires a more active stroke to cut through the spin at the correct angle, whereas with the mxp you can just touch the ball and let the opponent's spin come back on their half. Herein is a difference in the contact, tenergy contact point is shorter and requires more precision and as I said a more active motion and better read of the spin. On the plus side, if executed properly, you have a greater amount of shots you can make with tenergy in the short game and keep the ball shorter than mxp in some situations. Mxp contact with the ball is thick, you can feel the ball sink into the sponge. I disagree about speed, I definitely get more speed out of tenergy on smashes or counter smashes than mxp. The bat has to be more closed with tenergy and the smashing is easier with the mxp, with tenergy 05, you may overshoot. Tenergy 05 is definitely a lot less work when initiating attack with a topspin and easier to win a rally with as you can generate more power with a smaller motion or play a better ball when you are out of position. Tenergy is much easier on the body of you play an attacking style and you can add more deception to your attack as you can generate an attacking shot out of a smaller motion or when you are out of position. I used Viscaria with both rubbers. I still have to see how the Tenergy 05 ages. In short, with good technique, tenergy 05 has more high and short gears.
Mxp is a great attacking rubber, I've tried rakzas, donic, xioms, fastarc, they're ok, but mxp had them clearly beat. Tenergy 05 seems to be even better than mxp. And that's why the bastards at butterfly can charge so much for their equipment, a lot of people will pay the extra money to come to their club and move up the food chain. Before Butterfly Viscaria I used Nittaku acoustic and Nittaku Barwell fleet. Both have great ratings, but Viscaria is noticeably better and it improved my results instantly.

This thread is 4 years old. Is there a reason you are waking it up? I think the info is pretty outdated. I am not sure there is a useful reason to revisit this.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I've found a lot of mxp vs tenergy comparisons too vague or inaccurate, I wanted to contribute as both rubbers are still very much in play.

For your first post it is a pretty good one. So.....But it is worth being thoughtful about when you wake up a thread that has been inactive for over 2 years. People can get confused by that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Read 1 reviews
It's my second post on this site, I'm not very experienced in how it works. I've gone through every forum possible to try to understand the differences between these rubbers, I thought it would not hurt to add my two cents. According to online reviews half the rubbers are 5 stars, but there are big enough differences within them to warrant more detailed information and a qualification - which one is actually better. Anyway, I'll look at the date next time.

says regularly shitposting
says regularly shitposting
Jul 2019
For your first post it is a pretty good one. So.....But it is worth being thoughtful about when you wake up a thread that has been inactive for over 2 years. People can get confused by that.

I actually read through most of the posts knowing that it was old info, but still interesting ( also nothing to do at work) , and I am confused about one thing, a lot of posts are like "mx-p" is a cheaper alternative. Did mx-p use to cheaper or tenergy more expensive? Cause right now "mx-p" is like 50 euro( comparing tt11) and "05" is 60, between paying 50 or 60 euro for a sheet or rubber its kind of negligible since one has decided to take the jump.

Or maybe its just the EU effect on prices. Maybe there's a better place to buy tibhar products than tt11. Idk.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
The different versions of Evolution are so different from each other they seem to only share a name. So it's hard to generalize. In general though I never personally liked rubbers that relied so much on factory boosting.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
On TT11 you do get the buy 3 get 4 deal for Evolution rubbers, so there's that.

Yep. TT11's 3 for 4 price comes out to something like 124 Euro for 4. Dandoy Sports 3 for 4 price comes out to 116. From Dandoy, that comes out to 29 Euro per sheet. From TT11 it is 31 Euro per sheet.

Butterfly, There usually isn't a discount ever. :) So that sort of means you can can 2 sheets of MXP for the price of one sheet of Tenergy.

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The different versions of Evolution are so different from each other they seem to only share a name. So it's hard to generalize. In general though I never personally liked rubbers that relied so much on factory boosting.

I used MX-P on FH for a couple years, I really loved that rubber once tuning effect was gone, so much better control of ball on low to medium impact shots, so much easier to control topspin when a little used.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews

They are the least durable rubbers that I have used.

I always got several hundred hours from MX-P.

I gave Sergey Scoobie Doo 2150 a couple of the 3-4 year old MX-P that had 100 hours on them... he played very well loved them... until MX-K came out.