Why are Evolution rubbers still less popular than tenergy?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
After using MX-P on the Kim Jung Hoon for two months, I tried out Omega V Euro (which worked well for me for two months) and man, Euro felt so UN-Lively and not nearly as much pace or spin. It was like the speed of my blade went from OFF to ALL or slower.

I know... two months using a certain rubber only... that makes you very accustomed to that rubber. Still, I can see the difference.

AND I am of similar mind of Next Level, I don't really care if the tuning goes out after a few weeks, as long as that rubber doesn't have a huge tear in it, that rubber is one good rubber for at LEAST 3 months of daily play. I could never squeeze out more than 5 weeks outta T05. After 2 weeks the performance of that rubber was going downhill in a hurry, but still played better than most rubbers on the market. Aurus and MX-P are long-term good value perormance rubbers.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
Look what I just got
c56be6afbe6f7a37f2bee9b8181d15c9.jpg
yeah. Can't wait to try it [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
On the right side,,at the end, its written pro player version. Is that a different quality from the normal version available in market? If yes, how does it differ in playing quality?
@miguel

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Here:

8b63fad1871814482f7d11dba89157d1.jpg

e694b7944eea0f3b8b6262481dae5f68.jpg

I think they all say that so no need to call the goon squad. It may be that Tibhar is saying that these are Pro Player quality rubbers.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
I just tried MX-P, didn't like it very much. Almost the same feel as a bluefire or stiga airoc, its the sponge i don't like they all seems to use the same type of sponge with bubbles? It feels too mushy for me.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I just tried MX-P, didn't like it very much. Almost the same feel as a bluefire or stiga airoc, its the sponge i don't like they all seems to use the same type of sponge with bubbles? It feels too mushy for me.

I confess, the sponge is weird. It took me a few hours of training to get used to it and feel how to access the potential of the sponge and topsheet. But once I really got used to it, I decided I liked it. As far as I am concerned, the Tenergy sponge is still the best sponge. But the MX-P topsheet is really good and balances things out.

This user has no status.
So what is "North American Warranty"?

I have personally have not read the guaranty but there must be limitations for foreign buyers... For example...

In the US is quite normal to get fully reimbursed if you are not fully satisfied with the product. Refund includes shipping as well (if within the continental US).

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Carl I thought at some point you had mentioned you would give EL-P a try. We're you discouraged somehow? I don't see EL-P in your collection?

Nope. Will probably still do it. When I got the rubbers originally I got 4. 2 Black MX-P, 1 Red MX-P and one Red FX-P.

The cover that does not have the wrapper is from the Red MX-P that is currently on my blade. The other two are the two that did not get put on my blade (Black MX-P and Red FX-P). When I ordered, I tried to get a Red EL-P. But it was not in stock from the place I ordered.

I am comfortable that the FX-P will be fine even though I may like EL-P better. After the ones you see are worn, I will probably try EL-P.

Reactions: mquevedof
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
The difference between MX-P and T05 depends on certain things. For me, I think T05 is better for pure looping and easy spin, but I can't complain about the price of MX-P and the quality and given my touch limitations and my desire to kill backspin, I probably play better with MX-P when the booster wears out. T05 is more linear for spinning and and MX-P is more linear for driving/power.

People should realize that things like Tenergy 05 and MX-P are good accidents. In fact, MX-P is not Tibhar's most expensive rubber - its just the one that did best with the pros. I am not sure Vladi would use it if he wasn't Tibhar sponsored but he plays very well with it.

The bounciness of T05 makes it consistent when you take a looping approach to every ball. That is what makes it such a looping machine even in the face of hard smashes abd loops. MX-P is more about the grip even though it also has an advanced sponge. I don't get the impression that you can respin as easily as with T05, but the linear control compensates.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The difference between MX-P and T05 depends on certain things. For me, I think T05 is better for pure looping and easy spin, but I can't complain about the price of MX-P and the quality and given my touch limitations and my desire to kill backspin, I probably play better with MX-P when the booster wears out. T05 is more linear for spinning and and MX-P is more linear for driving/power.

People should realize that things like Tenergy 05 and MX-P are good accidents. In fact, MX-P is not Tibhar's most expensive rubber - its just the one that did best with the pros. I am not sure Vladi would use it if he wasn't Tibhar sponsored but he plays very well with it.

The bounciness of T05 makes it consistent when you take a looping approach to every ball. That is what makes it such a looping machine even in the face of hard smashes abd loops. MX-P is more about the grip even though it also has an advanced sponge. I don't get the impression that you can respin as easily as with T05, but the linear control compensates.

You people really should be hitting the like button on this post. This is really great information that NextLevel is giving all of us.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

What kind of rubbers are you used to using?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
What kind of rubbers are you used to using?
I usually use boosted Hurricane 3 or Tenergy 05 on FH and t64 or t05fx on BH. When I go for power FH the sponge feels to soft with mx-p. I'll try mx-p on BH for a wihle and see how that works out.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I usually use boosted Hurricane 3 or Tenergy 05 on FH and t64 or t05fx on BH. When I go for power FH the sponge feels to soft with mx-p. I'll try mx-p on BH for a wihle and see how that works out.

MX-P feels too soft for me too when new. I prefer it when the booster smell goes away and it plays a little harder, but I doubt this would be the view of most higher level players. Higher level players want the hardness but still boosted, obviously. The topsheet grip is excellent. Someone said that Tiago Appolonia once said when he was still Tibhar sponsored that he is indifferent between hard MX-P and T05. Since he and Freitas has since switched to Butterfly, I think that something about MX-P just didn't cut it for them. But of course, players like Drinkhall exist who like MX-P more than T05 so however you feel, MX-P has a place at the top level.

Below that, I know a few players who are USATT 2200-2500 who use the Tibhar Genius/Donic Baracuda/Andro Hexer rubbers so in the end, there is a lot of stuff that works below the top level. We just like to copy the pros.:p

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
I have personally have not read the guaranty but there must be limitations for foreign buyers... For example...

In the US is quite normal to get fully reimbursed if you are not fully satisfied with the product. Refund includes shipping as well (if within the continental US).

Sent from my using Tapatalk

One can return products in Europe too. Are you're saying folks in the US can open their MX-P, glue it to the blade, play with it for a day, then peel the rubber off and send it back to the seller (e.g. amazon) saying "I'm not satisfied because it does not play like Tenergy".

Reactions: bobpuls
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
One can return products in Europe too. Are you're saying folks in the US can open their MX-P, glue it to the blade, play with it for a day, then peel the rubber off and send it back to the seller (e.g. amazon) saying "I'm not satisfied because it does not play like Tenergy".

LOL. I am glad someone beat me to this.

People would do that all the time if you could just buy something, try it out, and send it back used and useless just because it didn't exactly suit your fancy.