Around-the-net-Compilation

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Wally is a good guy and a friend. I am not sure how he got a 2050 TTR rating. I think he is really about 2200-2250 USATT not really sure what he would be in the TTR system. But he is a darn good player. Part of why he is not higher rated is he can barely walk. One of his hips is really messed up. I believe Tahl Leibovitz has tried to get him to be on the para team but he refuses to get handicapped status. So with good legs he may have gotten decently higher because his strokes are pretty powerful. But I think 2050 may be a high TTR rating for him. Not really sure though.

So I don't think I could tell what the different leagues would be from TTR to USATT. But the top 100 TTR looks like it starts just under 2200 (2194). I would be willing to bet that that is at least 2500. Probably 2550 or maybe even close to 2600 USATT.

And the lowest number in the US on the top 100 list is 2436. Since level in US is lower than in Germany, I am guessing the 100th spot in that top 100 list from Germany is probably about 100 USATT points higher than the US spot: so about 2550.

It is really just a guess. But an educated one.

Wow. Interesting. Nice to know. He must have a lot of pride if he doesn't do that.

Jens Beck the younger brother of former national coach Tobias Beck only has four fingers on each hand and also plays in "non-handicapped" competition although he could.
These guys are real fighters and earn my maximum respect.

At the moment i'm only on my celly.
I can look up who wally has beaten to get such a good TTR rating, when i'm on a computer but i think your guess is quite accurate. :) Good one.

Timo is still the No. 1 in TTR with 2663 closely followed by Dima with 2623. No. 100 is Andreas Ball with a Rating score of 2183.
I just saw Wally even has a scoring of 2092 and his ranking is No. 488 in germany. So he must have beaten some people...
And Marc is right, 100 TTR points more would let him jump 500 places in the ranking.

But the new TTR Rating list will be released next week. So things might look a little different then.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yeah. It would be interesting to find out who Wally beat.

Truthfully, I can't say enough about what an awesome guy he is.

He doesn't play too many US tournaments these days. Or perhaps, any. His last recorded tournament was in 2010.

And I don't think he trains as much as he used to. But for s guy who can barely walk, he sure can play. [emoji2]

I believe Timo would be around 2850-2900. One of the problems with the higher numbers is, anyone who has a USATT rating above 2800, the rating is usually a guess because most players above 2800 don't really get to play people their level.

I will give an example: Waldner is rated 2870 and Kung is rated 2911. I doubt that in their primes, that reflects anything accurate. Boll's rating is 2801. I doubt he should be that much lower than the other two. Or at least if you get all of them at their best Kung and Walder should have very similar ratings and if Boll's is lower, it shouldn't be that much lower.

Sent from the Oracle of Delphi by the Pythia

Reactions: Suga D