fake or not?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Aug 2012
bought a pair of donic desto f1 rubbers from aliexpress.
the pair was around 30 dollars, maybe a bit less.
I haven't had this rubber before so I'm not sure whether they are fake but given the way they feel I think they are fake.
compared to acuda s1 or bluefire m1 which I owned these rubbers feel more chinese.
sometimes they make the famous clack sound.
also the topsheet is a bit sticky.
and the paper that says guarantee looks like a photocopy lol.
but the rubbers are not that bad, they are good for people who like control rubbers.
so what do you think?
fake or not?

SAM_0263.jpg

SAM_0264.jpg

SAM_0265.jpg

the logo honestly looks identical to the original one.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
A lot of fake stuff on Ali express. If you ask a vendor up front they will say whether it's genuine or not. The Chinese have a very different mindset when it comes to copying. We are conditioned (by big companies trying to protect profits mostly) that copying anything that is theirs is theft. In china however it's seen more like seeing the way a friend has decorated their home and deciding to do the same in your own house. Your friend might be a bit irritated but they wouldn't try and prosecute you. Ali Express though are keen to increase their share of the western market and are trying to mini ise the quantity of fakes for sale. They have pretty cast iron buyer protection so I would ask them for a refund if you have doubts.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
From your pics it actually looks as if it could be genuine. I think i still have an old one at home, and the packaging looked similar. Does it smell like booster?
Also hard to imagine someone would counterfeit this rubber while you can get a genuine one in germany for around 25,- €
If you get lucky maybe even for a little less.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
From your pics it actually looks as if it could be genuine. I think i still have an old one at home, and the packaging looked similar. Does it smell like booster?
Also hard to imagine someone would counterfeit this rubber while you can get a genuine one in germany for around 25,- €
If you get lucky maybe even for a little less.

yeah the rubber looks like a real one.
one thing that doesn't look right is the package that folds in three the part inside is not covered with plastic.
same the loose piece of paper, it's not plastic.
I think I paid around 25 dollars for both shipped.
so it is quite cheap.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
I'm one of those guys who bought quite a few supposedly chinese fast rubbers.
a couple I remember are
sanwei t88-I
dhs h3 neo
sanwei target
xushaofa 999 lsz
haifu whale II

those rubbers are quite expensive and really they are not that special.
yo could just buy this desto f1 and you got more speed than probably any of those and a sticky topsheet.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
yeah the rubber looks like a real one.
one thing that doesn't look right is the package that folds in three the part inside is not covered with plastic.
same the loose piece of paper, it's not plastic.
I think I paid around 25 dollars for both shipped.
so it is quite cheap.

That's what i'm talkin' about.
My cover and inlay paper looked exactly the same. And mine was definitely genuine.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
That's what i'm talkin' about.
My cover and inlay paper looked exactly the same. And mine was definitely genuine.

I'm not sure about this.
All the other donic rubbers I had which include baracuda, acuda, baxster, etc. had plastic cover on both sides of the 3 piece package.
And the paper that says guarantee didn't look like a photocopy lol.
Also all donic rubbers feel really elastic.
It would be strange that only these rubber behaves slightly chinese.
Also I remember once I had a hit with a desto f3 and it was similar to a bryce.

So if you ask me now I'd say it's fake.
But for being fake quality is good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
It's strange that it doesn't feel elastic. One of my teammates plays the F3 and just ordered a new one a couple of weeks ago. I can ask if he's still got the package.
There's supposed to be a serial number. You can send a mail to Donic and ask if they can check it. You can look for contact data on this site.
www.cms.donic.de/

Last edited:
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Back in 2008, F1 Desto was pretty popular among amateur players I met in China. That means there was probably a market for fakes, and nature abhors a vacuum.

It is an early generation ESN Tensor, so it may not feel very lively if you have used newer rubbers, even if perfectly genuine. It could also have sat on a shelf in China for years.

One thing about that rubber, as you played with it, after a short time, any hard off center shot caused massive chunks of top sheet to come flying off the edges of the rubber! In a week or two it will look like a dog chewed it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Back in 2008, F1 Desto was pretty popular among amateur players I met in China. That means there was probably a market for fakes, and nature abhors a vacuum.

It is an early generation ESN Tensor, so it may not feel very lively if you have used newer rubbers, even if perfectly genuine. It could also have sat on a shelf in China for years.

One thing about that rubber, as you played with it, after a short time, any hard off center shot caused massive chunks of top sheet to come flying off the edges of the rubber! In a week or two it will look like a dog chewed it.

Totally agree.
I think you meant something like this here...

IMG_20151214_204300.jpg

:D

Sebastiano, my friend handed me over his old blade and rubber. My pics look quite similar. Don't ya think?

IMG_20151214_204142.jpg
IMG_20151214_204105.jpg
IMG_20151214_204052.jpg
IMG_20151214_204037.jpg
IMG_20151214_203328.jpg

I guess you think, cause you got it for little bucks you think it's fake. But i think it was so cheap cause it's soooo old...
;)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Totally agree.
I think you meant something like this here...

View attachment 8738

:D

Sebastiano, my friend handed me over his old blade and rubber. My pics look quite similar. Don't ya think?

View attachment 8739
View attachment 8740
View attachment 8741
View attachment 8742
View attachment 8743

I guess you think, cause you got it for little bucks you think it's fake. But i think it was so cheap cause it's soooo old...
;)

I don't know what you guys do with your rubbers.
The guy I know who had a super worn out f3 didn't change it for years, he used it all the time, and it was in 1 piece.
Your red rubber is a bit extreme, if that was the case with all the f1 it wouldn't have become a super popular rubber.

As for the package I think the inner part, the one that says "fur diese spieler empfehlen...." looks a bit plastic.
mine is the cardboard directly.
Also the piece of paper looks a bit treated and shiny.
mine is like when you grab a white piece of paper and photocopy something.

I don't know if anybody else used these rubbers but I have.
tibhar legend destroyed
tibhar phantom

these were chinese rubbers with a slightly sticky topsheet and creamy euro sponge.
the desto f1's I have play very similar to these rubbers.

also similar to palio hk1997.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012

mines look exactly like these.
see that they even copied the stamp on the sponge :-D

One thing I noticed is that some have the cover that says formula donic.

http://es.aliexpress.com/store/prod..._82_80_62,searchweb201644_0,searchweb201560_4

my cover had no letters, it was like the cover of a hurricane 3, sticky and transparent.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews