Viscaria or Timo Boll Sprit

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Read 6 reviews
Hello Everyone,
Since it is almost Christmas time, it is time for me to change my blade. I have made this decision as i have tried the timo boll spirit before, but was still thinking about it;however, i cannot make a decision. I cannot decide whether to get the timo boll spirit or the viscaria. Both have very similar compositions of wood. What are the differences between each blade? As for my style, i am a two-winged looper. I tend to play close to mid far from the table.

This user has no status.
Hello Everyone,
Since it is almost Christmas time, it is time for me to change my blade. I have made this decision as i have tried the timo boll spirit before, but was still thinking about it;however, i cannot make a decision. I cannot decide whether to get the timo boll spirit or the viscaria. Both have very similar compositions of wood. What are the differences between each blade? As for my style, i am a two-winged looper. I tend to play close to mid far from the table.

Just check this thread http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?11708-Viscaria-vs-Timo-Boll-Spirit
:)

Viscaria feels a bit softer and maybe you would find it better for long range, but as I play close/mid TBS is a deadly weapon for me

Last edited:
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I agree with the person who wrote that you should choose the handle you like. In FL I think the Viscaria handle is better but that's a matter of taste. The playing qualities used to be enough alike that after a day or two it doesn't matter. I have not tried a recently made TBS, though.

Another choice is ZJK-ALC. They tend to be heavier (and therefore more like older Viscaria blades).

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
That seems like a reasonable reason hahaha. i will take it! Viscaria it is! May i ask the pros and cons of this blade since you are using it?
pros: most of Chinese player use it. You name it, zjk, fzd, Liang Jing Kun, the kid that beat ma long

cons: the world rank number one doesn't use it and it's expensive lol

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Pros, nice weight balance if you get one that is >88g. Not too fast, not too slow. Soft, beautiful ball feel. Not too stiff, in contrast to some composite blades. Pretty much a perfect blade. Most people like the handle.

Cons. No longer made with ST handle except as a custom made blade. Newer ones don't feel as good as the ones made a few years ago, and in particular if they are too light they have a somewhat hollow feel.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl