TableTennisDaily Podcast #4 - Par Gerell

What’s going on everyone, this is the 4th episode of the TableTennisDaily podcast with current world number 32 and Swedish National Team player Par Gerell. Par currently represents Chartres in the Pro A league in France alongside Gao Ning, Robert Gardos and Joao Monteiro.

In this episode we talk about Par's tremendous serve and how it is a key feature to his game, we really look into what he has done to create this unique style of serving through video analysis, training and more. We also cover his current training methods, competitions, greatest achievements and talk about his brilliant 91 shot rally with Adrien Mattenet.

We would like to thank Par for giving us the time out of his busy schedule to talk to us. Hope you guys enjoy and be sure to like and share this episode and subscribe on YouTube and iTunes. We would also love to hear your feedback on what you enjoyed about this episode and any ideas you might have for episodes in the future.

Enjoy the show:

<iframe style="border: none" src="//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/4023494/height/360/width/640/theme/standard/autoplay/no/autonext/no/thumbnail/yes/preload/no/no_addthis/no/direction/backward/no-cache/true/" height="360" width="640" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

If you would like to save or listen to the podcast on itunes, search TableTennisDaily in the itunes store.

Thanks for listening!

This user has no status.
Great interview! I enjoy watching Par's matches because of his serve but at the same time, he gets flamed a lot on the forums because many people consider some of his serves illegal. I would've like to hear his thoughts about that, whether he thinks illegal serves are a problem (at his level) and what he thinks about other players with illegal serves like Fegerl, Freitas, Mizutani, Yoshimura, etc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Great interview! I enjoy watching Par's matches because of his serve but at the same time, he gets flamed a lot on the forums because many people consider some of his serves illegal. I would've like to hear his thoughts about that, whether he thinks illegal serves are a problem (at his level) and what he thinks about other players with illegal serves like Fegerl, Freitas, Mizutani, Yoshimura, etc.

Hej,

Well I try to make it as good and correct as possible. I toss the ball high and straight enough and take away the arm, when I see videos of me playing is maybe the shoulder that i hide the ball with sometimes.. I put a lot of power on my serve because its my weapon, and then of course it can be on the limit with the shoulder sometimes.. But for me is worse when you throw the ball against you because then you can make spin so much easier.

And if you look at top 50 in the world, i think u can find atleast something wrong with 40 of them, because first of all the rule is really confusing and of course everybody wants to have a good a serve as possible, then you have to be on the limit..

This user has no status.
Hi Par,

Thank you for responding! It's wonderful to hear things from the perspective of world class players such as yourself!

Regarding the service rules, do you think the ITTF should do more to enforce the rules, change the rules to make it easier to enforce, get rid of the rules (allow hidden serves), or just leave it the way it is?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Analysis Software?

Great podcast! It was particularly interesting hearing Pär talking about the feedback he gets from the Swedish National Team video analyst.

Pär or Dan, do you know what video analysis software they use?