What is your second passion?

This user has no status.
I've already posted in here, but seeing as it's been 3 years an update never hurts. I'm still powerlifting, working on getting healthy enough to do a full meet in 2020 after a long battle with back injuries. I found out I have spina bifida occulta and my lumbar vertebrae are all deformed, making any spinal extension under load extremely painful for me. So I've been re-tooling my squat and deadlift technique to work around this so I can lift heavy and still walk later that day.

I've also gotten wayyyyyyy back into music as well, thanks to Trivium, Killswitch Engage, and Children of Bodom. As a matter of fact I got early tickets to Killswitch Engage's first show on the Atonement tour and am pretty pumped. I've been playing a lot more guitar lately and am realizing I have a few guitars I've neglected, so will probably spend the weekend working on them to get them in working order and set-up to my liking :cool:

Reactions: lVegita
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Volleyball !!! :D

I love playing it, actually been playing it longer than table tennis. My mother used to play when she was a student so I suppose I got it from her. I've been playing with my friend (who is in the same table tennis club as me :D, as matter of fact, we got our second doubles win in 4th league on wednesday :D). We've been playing together for 6 years now and we then begun training table tennis together :). I like playing setter in volleyball, although I played as libero when we played in amateur league due to my height (171 cm.) However, I still play and try to jump higher. Even managed to touch the basketball hoop last week (305 cm :)).

For non-sport related passions/hobbies, I love reading books, mainly history ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
I've already posted in here, but seeing as it's been 3 years an update never hurts. I'm still powerlifting, working on getting healthy enough to do a full meet in 2020 after a long battle with back injuries. I found out I have spina bifida occulta and my lumbar vertebrae are all deformed, making any spinal extension under load extremely painful for me. So I've been re-tooling my squat and deadlift technique to work around this so I can lift heavy and still walk later that day.

I've also gotten wayyyyyyy back into music as well, thanks to Trivium, Killswitch Engage, and Children of Bodom. As a matter of fact I got early tickets to Killswitch Engage's first show on the Atonement tour and am pretty pumped. I've been playing a lot more guitar lately and am realizing I have a few guitars I've neglected, so will probably spend the weekend working on them to get them in working order and set-up to my liking :cool:

Dude, crazy how I also like powerlifting, play guitar, KSE, Trivium and TT of course.

I really enjoy to watch powerlifting but never did it for real I could injury myself to easily but if would do it, I would choose bench press. I liked the last album from KSE especially the song with Howard who’s in my opinion a better singer than Jesse and that’s I enjoy very much Light the Torch. Which guitars do you have? Today I have an 2006 ESP Jeff Hanneman Custom Shop a Fano Telecaster and a Ibanex AX 7 strings but I already own a feel PRS and Fenders. My next one will be a Nash Strat.

Reactions: thekleifheit13
This user has no status.
Dude, crazy how I also like powerlifting, play guitar, KSE, Trivium and TT of course.

I really enjoy to watch powerlifting but never did it for real I could injury myself to easily but if would do it, I would choose bench press. I liked the last album from KSE especially the song with Howard who’s in my opinion a better singer than Jesse and that’s I enjoy very much Light the Torch. Which guitars do you have? Today I have an 2006 ESP Jeff Hanneman Custom Shop a Fano Telecaster and a Ibanex AX 7 strings but I already own a feel PRS and Fenders. My next one will be a Nash Strat.

I actually got into powerlifting when I was watching the powerlifting club train at my university rec center, the rest is history :D As far as KSE goes I have a whole lot of respect for both singers, but I might actually like Jesse more. I'm super excited that Light The Torch is on tour with KSE, hoping they at least play Signal Fire with both singers, but also hoping they keep Howard onstage for more than that.

Guitars-wise, I'm a cheap guy and like to buy inexpensive, obscure guitars and modify them to be good. I'm also left-handed, so guitars are hard to find and very expensive. I have a Spear RD-J Les Paul copy - my main concert guitar. Set neck, pink mahogany body, Seymour Duncan pickups, and it weighs 6 pounds.
cnn4qdflp7olmlksginm.jpg

I have a Squier Standard Stratocaster with Lace Sensor triple rainbow pickups that I installed myself, and a Hard Luck Kings Bombshell (strat copy). I also have two Fender acoustics - one full dreadnought and one cutaway acoustic/electric.

It's funny meeting people with the exact same interests as me! Do you play in bands or just at home?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
[...] Ibanex AX 7 strings [...]

Oh yeah, NEED MORE STRINGS!
NEED MORE STRINGS.jpg

[...] Guitars-wise, I'm a cheap guy and like to buy inexpensive, obscure guitars and modify them to be good.. [...]

That’s fun! I still use my first guitar from 15 years ago, a cheap Aria fully modified by me. Not playing at all lately though, since I like to read and watch a lot of stuff when I am into something and TT and Cubing is taking all my free time now. But I just ordered an audio interface and I will bring the guitar back very soon!

Reactions: thekleifheit13
This user has no status.
I actually got into powerlifting when I was watching the powerlifting club train at my university rec center, the rest is history :D As far as KSE goes I have a whole lot of respect for both singers, but I might actually like Jesse more. I'm super excited that Light The Torch is on tour with KSE, hoping they at least play Signal Fire with both singers, but also hoping they keep Howard onstage for more than that.

Guitars-wise, I'm a cheap guy and like to buy inexpensive, obscure guitars and modify them to be good. I'm also left-handed, so guitars are hard to find and very expensive. I have a Spear RD-J Les Paul copy - my main concert guitar. Set neck, pink mahogany body, Seymour Duncan pickups, and it weighs 6 pounds.
cache.php

I have a Squier Standard Stratocaster with Lace Sensor triple rainbow pickups that I installed myself, and a Hard Luck Kings Bombshell (strat copy). I also have two Fender acoustics - one full dreadnought and one cutaway acoustic/electric.

It's funny meeting people with the exact same interests as me! Do you play in bands or just at home?

This Les Paul looks awesome! Do you have Luthier skills? I have a feel books and tools but I not good on it.

I played in bands for a while and today I play with two friends from time to time but just for fun. What about you?

I´m sure they gonna play more than just one song with both on stage!

This user has no status.
Oh yeah, NEED MORE STRINGS!
View attachment 20292

That’s fun! I still use my first guitar from 15 years ago, a cheap Aria fully modified by me. Not playing at all lately though, since I like to read and watch a lot of stuff when I am into something and TT and Cubing is taking all my free time now. But I just ordered an audio interface and I will bring the guitar back very soon!

Lol! Tosin Abasi is a beast!!! The dude is unreal.

This user has no status.

Nice! I keep telling myself I want an audio interface so I can record some solo acoustic songs, but don't even have a laptop to run it with. Do you mic your amp into the interface or do you go directly into it and modify your signal on the back end?

This user has no status.
This Les Paul looks awesome! Do you have Luthier skills? I have a feel books and tools but I not good on it.

I played in bands for a while and today I play with two friends from time to time but just for fun. What about you?

I´m sure they gonna play more than just one song with both on stage!

I have minor luthier skills, can do full set-ups including truss rod adjustment. Haven't had a guitar I care little enough about to experiment with fret dressing and things like that. I do all my pickup/electronics changes myself, though. If we ever get our garage cleaned out I'd love to try and build a guitar body and buy a nice neck from Warmoth or something.

I've been in bands off and on, the last band breakup was really tough so I've been solo for awhile. I've had the chance to open for Saliva, Mushroomhead, Bobaflex, Trapt, and Zach Myers from Shinedown - definitely a fun experience. I'm getting to where I have enough time to jam with people, just gotta find people that are clean-ish and sober-ish, which isn't easy in my area.

That's what I would expect as well.