What is your second passion?

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I sent "Susanne" a PM. I am not sure there is much harm in a bot that is quoting without attributing as long as the bot isn't spamming. I looked at all posts from that user account. Some don't seem to be quotes. But it never fully comes off as a real human being. So, I am not sure what the purpose is, if this is a bot.

Obviously to rule the world.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Obviously to rule the world.

Well, I will give "Susanne" another day or so and if I don't get some form of response to my PM, I will take action.

Despite saying I don't see much harm in a bot that quotes material from pages that have key phrases in common with the subject of a thread, I also am not very sure there is a benefit to a bot that does this. Even though a few of the quotes were pretty on subject.

And I am pretty sure there will be no response. Because several people have quoted Susanne and asked questions and there has never been an answer.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
@UpSideDownCarl

Kill all bots. No one uses bots for non-malicious activity without informing the site owner and moderators. Even if it's just a joke.

And if I get no response, I will. But if it turns out to be just a very strange person....?

In the past 2 days I actually have deleted at least 6 spambots. This Susannebot has been a member since April 2016 and if I wait 12-24 hours longer, I doubt anything bad will happen.

says what [IMG]
And if I get no response, I will. But if it turns out to be just a very strange person....?

In the past 2 days I actually have deleted at least 6 spambots. This Susannebot has been a member since April 2016 and if I wait 12-24 hours longer, I doubt anything bad will happen.

Wait some time, then pull the plug.

I'd hate it for a confusing spambot to get in contact with members who aren't too net-savvy.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well, I saw the one from TheKnife's thread about taking time off from TT an how Susannebot took text from a gaming forum because TT appeared. Even though it meant something else in the gaming forum and was not referring to table tennis. [emoji2]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
My 2nd passion? guess a bit too many .. I am an amateur classical guitarist, love astronomy and its associated optics, writing poem, event photography, audio equipment and music in general, chess when I was kid but will get back to it after retire to maintain my mental health....

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

And I really want to say thank you to pgpg for pointing out enough wholesale quotes from different sites that show that Susanne is most definitely Susanne-bot. The one in TheKnife's thread made it completely clear that what Baal said in that thread is true.

No longer any doubt about it. It is not self-aware.

Thanks for the disciplined persistence pgpg.

Last edited:
says STAX X9000 is the BEST!
Headphones Audiophile (7000 posts and 1300 likes on main russian headphones forum (doctorhead)). My home rig:
gallery_4273_87_2018504.jpg

For about a month I have a new hobby, which at a moment already become almost addiction, it's self-balancing unicycle, already had about 800 km mileage (riding on it to table tennis trainings and tournaments almost every day ;) ) and ordered a second one (more powerful, with much bigger battery :eek: ... but very heavy :( ...) for weekend use (will be too heavy for me for everyday use)... not much video of me riding it, and not much to see actually, I'm lame, but maked a few short videos while skated a few weeks ago, and my friend filmed a very short video when I approached him a few days ago, so a couple of not so interesting videos below...

I now have Inmotion V8, ordered Gotway MSuper V3 1600Wh, a couple of videos below is about them (IT'S NOT ME ON THE VIDEOS, IT'S JUST VIDEOS THAT I FOUND ON YOUTUBE!):

Reactions: Suga D and Boogar
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2011

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
Thanks for those links Al ! Photography is my passion too, and having recently acquired an EOS80D to replace my venerable 30D I can now go to a high enough ISO to actually try some TT photography. Seeing your post has reminded me to take the camera to my club and see what it makes of the lighting - through F4 lenses sadly, but needs must !

says Aging is a killer
I've stopped playing table tennis because of work commitments (and I wasn't particularly good), but I still love the sport and stay involved through my other passion which is photography. I've been the official photographer for the last three English National Championships as well as covering other tournaments and matches.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tabletennis/albums/72157673066068223

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tabletennis/albums/72157677759400544

Don't forget to tell about your motorsport past. Many years ago I once marshalled at ?elephant rally which I think you won. I remember it clearly as I had to stand in the pouring, freezing rain for hours and all by my lonesome.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D