What is your second passion?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I mentioned it was one of my hobbies in an earlier post but didn't share any pics or anything like that.

I'm into water gardening. This is our backyard.

L6SsUsjvscnCGxIE_q8FoqHKqH8Te-R-dooeU1GtnyUKQ6yfUmHl0o4QXGji_xD34kU22ezmO8yBmxE5_59yk-DQ4P-FdkTCnaAnax57cL1C7KgelA9RecjwWvW0Xjc4ppZm8bz_QTcgzTLNpFWv3RxkPh9IdINCkX3HQLk5kDtbma4fWCO7_2IMOjDthT8nNMF-21A_uUa5tHXNMBW8FEg1HmN3E_1236RoL8mRtPNsmD6ccI1wVMuDut9KiDTJffQXR3VpkTQ68mnzG0-EpK2M0j41crHICPkJyL_r2j5DA2-alVF2igZjCiNfTjaM10JAnLE5E4UToe1b1vVAQTXZb8S00bcacTsh-CzVvS0XRJgg4TV0DOKhdOK3tQD1c3Zd21Oz3mJDv2NXCN8SUattqKq2ky_N_5OL2SsMnXYaRD6m9C-uYeGp9ndBOlr3VQduZHhHfCJ3GS4sDCvg4gzshFqfKY5HYHz_asG4Wa2ryftOCD-j4VrKKo2jOLcI4QQERZ4jsn0uCzh29mkyco37ot7E-7oLU6MGyK_T_eKK3fkQtctllKj0zhcIc5mixzozWHhHGuYOzE00dZ1WC3o63QgaqGl5w3ntxCVk3nblA1o9lcco=s1024-no

I also like video games & RC. What can I say. I'm a kid at heart I guess.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
I spend many hours trying to sound like Bill Evans. Maybe tomorrow i wil be a little closer.

Baal, you and I and violiniste18 should get together for some jamming and a few TT knockups - I too am a jazz pianist (semi-pro). I spend many hours trying to sound like me! which is what I think it's all about. (Well, and trying to sound like Bill Evans, Keith Jarrett, Herbie, Don Pullen, Petrucciani, John Lewis, Monk, Alan Broadbent, McCoy, Mulgrew Miller...)

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Baal, you and I and violiniste18 should get together for some jamming and a few TT knockups - I too am a jazz pianist (semi-pro). I spend many hours trying to sound like me! which is what I think it's all about. (Well, and trying to sound like Bill Evans, Keith Jarrett, Herbie, Don Pullen, Petrucciani, John Lewis, Monk, Alan Broadbent, McCoy, Mulgrew Miller...)
Not to mention Rene Rosnes, Red Garland, Bud Powell, Eliane Elias, and... so many. But I do have a really special affinity for Bill Evans. But alas, my chops, not where i need them to be.

Where donyou live?

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2011
Don't forget to tell about your motorsport past. Many years ago I once marshalled at ?elephant rally which I think you won. I remember it clearly as I had to stand in the pouring, freezing rain for hours and all by my lonesome.

It took me a few minutes to figure out this message. Then I realised you're confusing me for John Upham.

This user has no status.
I love to play soccer but I Injured myself too much. I have Ehler Danlos (in my case is not so bad and is not a big deal) and because of that my joints are too flexible and my skin is too fragile, because of that contact sports can be very bad for me and run too much can be bad too because of my herniated disc and my knee. Table Tennis is an awesome sport for me and lifting is essential to keep me in order. I love video games too (I’m playing Death Strand and its awesome).

Reactions: lVegita
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
I love to flyfish for any species whether it be in stillwaters, rivers or the sea.
Im based in the London so I need to travel to most of my destinations so it’s normally a weeks trip or so. Ive been to Cape Cod a couple of times on two week fishing trips and I’m currently planning a 50th birthday trip to Montana .
I’m also interested in severe weather, particularly storms . I’ve also visited tornado alley for a storm chasing tour a few years ago.
Table tennis is a relatively new passion for me ( only 3-4 years) but I’m addicted!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
Screenshot_20191205-114412_Strava.jpg
FB_IMG_1575530210279.jpg

My two other passions are motorsports and cycling.
I was studying law but I had to try to work for a car magazine and I managed to get the job. Worked for 2 years and had the chance of driving fast cars on racing tracks. That was 2006-2008.

I thought cycling is a fun way to lose some weight but it quickly became a passion . Now I'm loving my expensive road bike and going for long rides up to 150-200k and 2500meter of elevation gains. I have to say it's a big help for footwork.

View attachment 20233
View attachment 20234

I was studying law but I had to try to work for a car magazine and I managed to get the job. Worked for 2 years and had the chance of driving fast cars on racing tracks. That was 2006-2008.

I thought cycling is a fun way to lose some weight but it quickly became a passion . Now I'm loving my expensive road bike and going for long rides up to 150-200k and 2500meter of elevation gains. I have to say it's a big help for footwork.

I thought it was football due to your username lol.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
View attachment 20233
View attachment 20234

I've had the exact same experience. I took up cycling to improve leg strength for TT. Problem is that these days I am cycling many more hours than TT. My road bikes have given me a new appreciation for how inexpensive TT is by comparison! You can buy a lot of blades for the price of a set of carbon wheels.

Be safe!

Table Tennis was my 2nd passion...I was a runner for a long time. Ran cross country and track in high school, college, and on and off for the next 10-12 years after that. I recently discovered TT about 3-4 years ago. I've actually quit running because my knees and hips are shot. TT isn't great on my knees either but it's not as bad as running.

Beyond TT, I don't really devote time to anything else. I do try to cycle 3-4 times a week for about a hour a ride. I also enjoy a good book.

Last edited:
Reactions: suds79