Bluefire vs tenergy.

This user has no status.
has anyone used bluefire m1 before? If anyone has then is tenergy 05 a better alternative because i feel i cant generate enough spin. I feel my technique is proper for service but i just can seems to get enough spin on my service. Although the blade I use, the ball, the table all have a big influence but if someone could help me out here that will be great. If someone can suggest a good racket combination (could be from any brand) for the future that will be great too. My bluefre rubbers are new too its not like their old. And last question can tenergy 05 generate more spin than bluefire m1?

My setup is blufire m1 max on both sides. Stiga offensive classic is the blade I use.
The ball I use is aiyoung (something like that, spelling is not correct).
Table I play on at my local club is butterfly europa.

Hope one of you guys can help me out.

Thnaks in advance

This user has no status.
has anyone used bluefire m1 before? If anyone has then is tenergy 05 a better alternative because i feel i cant generate enough spin. I feel my technique is proper for service but i just can seems to get enough spin on my service. Although the blade I use, the ball, the table all have a big influence but if someone could help me out here that will be great. If someone can suggest a good racket combination (could be from any brand) for the future that will be great too. My bluefre rubbers are new too its not like their old. And last question can tenergy 05 generate more spin than bluefire m1?

My setup is blufire m1 max on both sides. Stiga offensive classic is the blade I use.
The ball I use is aiyoung (something like that, spelling is not correct).
Table I play on at my local club is butterfly europa.

Hope one of you guys can help me out.

Thnaks in advance

For me, bluefire is not spinny enough, but they tend to be faster and bouncier than tenergy series. My spin and control way better when I was using tenergy.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The blade should be decent. Not slow. Not too fast. Decent dwell time. Decent feeling. You should be able to use that blade and get good spin. If you don't like the rubbers, there are several rubbers that get great spin. And nothing is really "better than" Tenergy 05. I do think there are rubbers like Tibhar Evolution MX-P that are about as good. But good technique trumps good equipment. I think those rubbers should be decently workable too. But going with a rubber that has a high spin to speed ratio (more spin than speed) like T05 or MX-P, in my opinion, is always a good idea.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
And last question can tenergy 05 generate more spin than bluefire m1?

On the same blade in direct comparison the answer is yes.

BUT the difference is marginal, as would be with the before mentioned Tibhar Evolution or some Chinese rubbers that may even generate more spin than t05.

So if you really feel your game lacks spin using Bluefire you might want to have a closer look taken on your technique.

The only players I have ever heard saying they really need the extra 5 percent spin that tenergy gives them play on professional level.

Sure, some amateurs think they need t05 as well, but that seems questionable.

So, with all due respect, if your Bluefires don´t generate enough spin, the problem might not be the Bluefires at all.

Reactions: FloKing
This user has no status.
On the same blade in direct comparison the answer is yes.

BUT the difference is marginal, as would be with the before mentioned Tibhar Evolution or some Chinese rubbers that may even generate more spin than t05.

So if you really feel your game lacks spin using Bluefire you might want to have a closer look taken on your technique.

The only players I have ever heard saying they really need the extra 5 percent spin that tenergy gives them play on professional level.

Sure, some amateurs think they need t05 as well, but that seems questionable.

So, with all due respect, if your Bluefires don´t generate enough spin, the problem might not be the Bluefires at all.

Well my old combination was perfect. I was using bluefire m1 turbo max on both sides with donic burn off-. I think that old combination was able to generate more spin on serves, loops and everything in general. After I switched from that setup i also changed the ball I use. So I am not a total beginner, have have been playing for some time. I am unable to tell whether its the ball, the blade or the rubbers. I also play ina league at my club so i am not a total beginner.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Did you switch from a celluloid ball to the new cell-free one? If so, there is no surprise that the spin is less. Also, sponge/rubber hardness is a concern. I didn't play with Bluefire, but from my understanding, M1 is the hardest version. Squeezing spin out of a hard rubber can be a tricky deal, you have to hit the ball really, really hard, and properly as well. Especially with the new ball. So you may try just a softer version of Bluefire, probably you will get more spin.

This user has no status.
for tournament play yes i use the new nittaku plastic ball, but for practice purpose i use the celluloid ball. I know that a bad thing but i am slowly transitioning. Its weird because i feel i get more spin on the new nittaku 40+ plastic ball but this could just be me. I had a game two weeks ago and i was facing a guy using tenergy 05 on both sides along with timo boll alc. It seemed as if he was generating a ton more spin than me. Since that day i was think to switch my rubbers along with my blade. Change to either tenergy 05 or tibhar evolution mxp.

My coach is using Bluefire M1 both sides and i can tell he's able to generate a hell of a spin. I can even say i have never seen anyone producing that much spin. And I have been around. There is so much back spin on his serves that the ball barely bounces on the table. You can have big trouble just getting your bat under the ball. His movement is short, using essentially the topsheet. Same thing for top spin. He wins a lot a points with slow and quite high top spins. A lot of opponents are not able to handle the spin he is generating. With celluloïd ball. We do not use plastic ones. Yet.
So yes, you can produce heavy spin serves with Bluefire M1 :eek:

This user has no status.
If you have such good equipment already, its only sensible to just keep practicing and not change anything that screws up ur feeling for the ball. I've seen people change rubbers and blades so many times and it wasn't getting them anywhere. The cheap and alternative way is to just practice, there is always room for improvement is my own opinion! Hope you find what you were looking for! xD

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Its weird because i feel i get more spin on the new nittaku 40+ plastic ball but this could just be me.

Not so weird. The Nittaku plastic ball is excellent, while any celluloid training ball usually is not.

Again from my perspective, keep your rubbers. They are in one league with tenergy and Evolution and while you may get marginally more spin from them, it will hardly make the difference you´re looking for.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
So, of course you can buy whatever you want. But, you should know that, just because someone else got excellent spin with a setup does not mean anything about how it will work for you because table tennis is about technique.

The first idea I would give you is, as I said above, what you are using is fine. Stick with it and keep practicing.

The second idea, I also gave above, you could keep the blade and get a different rubber like T05 and/orT05FX or MX-P and/or EL-P or FX-P.

The third idea would be going back to the old setup which you said was "perfect". If that Donic Burn Off- worked better for you, why not go back to it.

Reactions: FloKing