WANG Yang thrown out of Competition

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
23/07/2011 - Slovak Table Tennis Association have decided to withdraw the player WANG Yang from the 54th European Youth Championships in full progress in Kazan (Russia), according to what was today communicated by the event’s Jury led by ETTU Youth Committee Chairman Christian RIGAUD, alongside the members Igor HELLER (ETTU Ranking Committee Chairman), Kirill MAZAEV (Referee) and Gennady ARGAKOV on behalf of Organizing Committee.

WangYang_3916.jpg

Photo by Henk Hommes

Meantime further documented proof through ITTF ascertained WANG Yang being almost 21 year-old and having been a Junior Circuit event’s winner in China in 2007. As a consequence, Slovak Association immediately decided the player’s withdrawal from the event in Kazan.

Any further decision on this subject is now up to the ETTU Executive Board according to the official records produced by the event’s Jury. For more click HERE

What do you think on this matter? Its strange how he managed to enter the Junior championships?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
How could he enter the competition? Crazy stuff ^^
And yes, doesn't he know his own age or was it done on purpose? If it was, then he will have difficulties in the future...

The first one is barely possible bro.. It must've been done on purpose, not the first in sport's history !

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think he is ranked #486 in the world. You would think they would not want to waste time with a player who does not have more potential. For Wang Yang, the biggest issue, probably, is that, if he is trying to sneak into juniors competitions to place higher, then he probably knows he has no chance to become a top player.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
The first one is barely possible bro.. It must've been done on purpose, not the first in sport's history !
I thought so too ^^

I think he is ranked #486 in the world. You would think they would not want to waste time with a player who does not have more potential. For Wang Yang, the biggest issue, probably, is that, if he is trying to sneak into juniors competitions to place higher, then he probably knows he has no chance to become a top player.
Yeah, you're right.. That shows us that he's unsure and like you said knows that he has no chance now

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Chinese players often have their documentation changed when they move out of the country to pursue sport. There are table tennis players in New Zealand who are up to 5 years younger on paper than they actually are, for some it is very obvious that they are not the age they say they are usually this is their government's doing. It was investigated as part of the Chinese Olympic Gymnastics team the womens team, the regulation that gymnasts must be over the age of 16, although they thought one athlete was as young as 14, the documentation prevented them from prooving anything.