Ilia Minkin's Excellent TT Adventure in NY

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Ilia Minkin is in New York for a while. He just got here today. I will let him tell more about that. I am starting this thread because he got to come ti SPiN New York today and he and I played for about 3 hours, then he trained someone who was looking for someone to hit with. He taught the guy a lot.

Ilia, you just have to keep adding photos of all the other places you go to like Westchester and Lily Yips and tell us all stories about the time you have at each spot you get to go to to play table tennis.

We had a lot of fun. We did some training and then played a few matches.
29b91ae0111ec230587c94672b350ae4.jpg

7d727d73e783840c4ef79957f00b9348.jpg

f4c6ae67c0d7fada65b0b5e53eb114a1.jpg

50f27328faa32b24d98d866c4a24a1eb.jpg

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
We gotta find a way to get Ilia a NexyUSA.com jersey for hiz USA stay...

haha great pics and I bet he had an absolute blast there.

Carl, did he win you a lot of free chicken and beerz?

Did he boot out teh Goon Squad with hiz right foot so you could all play in peace?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
We gotta find a way to get Ilia a NexyUSA.com jersey for hiz USA stay...

haha great pics and I bet he had an absolute blast there.

Carl, did he win you a lot of free chicken and beerz?

Did he boot out teh Goon Squad with hiz right foot so you could all play in peace?

Oh man, look at that guy next to me. It is like I have an enforcer on my side, my own body guard. He made the goon squad run in fear.

Oh, by the way, I think Ilia is located in Pennsylvania for College but we will see how he weighs in on the subject. I bet his college friends would be pretty jealous of the Nexy shirt with his name on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: fais and Suga D
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Well, he could be a professional looking TT warrior and start or grow a club over there. That is what Our company does. We ain't gunna make crap for profits for next few years, but when TT explodes in USA, we will be know as the largest cheerleader and the sales will come. Only crazed EJs buy blades 'cause a pro uses them, but if TT leaders use them and recommend them, that is another dynamic.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well, I am the TTDaily, New York City welcoming committee. Hahaha.

It is always fun to meet people who contribute to the forum.

I was telling Ilia he needs to meet NextLevel. NextLevel, Ilia is going to Lily Yip's in a couple of days and he is going to stay over night there on his table tennis vacation. I think you could really help Ilia with his stroke, his generation of spin and his reverse pendulum serve. All of which he has a decent foundation but, a little conceptual nudge in the right direction will get him to generate a decent amount more spin and get him to the next level.

Now, for the chicken and beers hustle, Ilia should definitely meet Der_Echte. But who shouldn't. Der_Echte is a totally fun guy to go on table tennis eacapades with.

I can't imagine anything more fun than hanging out with Der_Echte, NextLevel, PingPongHolic, SmashFan, 42andbackpains, AGold and Edmund Suen.

If only we had Dan Ives, Matt Hetherington, and Giang Trung there to join us too, that would have been epic.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Well, I am the TTDaily, New York City welcoming committee. Hahaha.

It is always fun to meet people who contribute to the forum.

I was telling Ilia he needs to meet NextLevel. NextLevel, Ilia is going to Lily Yip's in a couple of days and he is going to stay over night there on his table tennis vacation. I think you could really help Ilia with his stroke, his generation of spin and his reverse pendulum serve. All of which he has a decent foundation but, a little conceptual nudge in the right direction will get him to generate a decent amount more spin and get him to the next level.

Now, for the chicken and beers hustle, Ilia should definitely meet Der_Echte. But who shouldn't. Der_Echte is a totally fun guy to go on table tennis eacapades with.

I can't imagine anything more fun than hanging out with Der_Echte, NextLevel, PingPongHolic, SmashFan, 42andbackpains, AGold and Edmund Suen.

If only we had Dan Ives, Matt Hetherington, and Giang Trung there to join us too, that would have been epic.

Awesome to see you, Carl, meeting up with forum members in NY. Could be fun to see some of your rallies and see who got closest to win the chicken and beer hustle. ;)

Your have to be careful.... one day we might show up at your home turf :)

Reactions: Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The mighty table tennis journey continues at WTTC December Open :) How to post pictures here from a phone?

Edit or quote someone and the add photos icon appears. It is next to a little camera and looks like a picture of a mountain and the sky. Or, at least on TapaTalk that is what it looks like. Urm...I mean, at least from Deep Space that is what my Abacus shows me.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Lily is about 1.5 hours from me so I need to know the specific day he plans to be there and whether I will be there. If he goes on Friday night for their league, then I can try to make that.

Do you hear that Ilia? You should try and make it so you are at Lily's on Friday Night. Not only will you get to play in the league. You will get to hang out with NextLevel who you will definitely learn a lot from.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Okay, I'm still here. Travelling by public transport can be quite a burden, with all those ill people in this time of year coughing in your face :) Yesterday I played at WTTC , in events U1450 and U1750, won two matches but lost other ones. I played there mostly to assess what my current level actually is and to have some fun, so losses didn't upset me much. Today I started training in the Christmas camp at LYTTC , it is awesome, coaches are really helpful. I play here for 7+ hours per day, so for me it is a table tennis paradise. Sometimes I practice with Chinese kids, you those cute little monsters that like to hit the ball really hard, it is fun :) NextLevel, I'll be here until at least Saturday noon, so it will be good to meet you.