you have killed me

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Aug 2012
So as you know if you've been following my professional tt career I was playing in buenos aires, maybe 4 or 5 days a week for 1 hour.
I was on my way to the top.
I felt the only players who could beat me where ma long and xu xin, and not by much.

For reasons not related to tt I moved to luxembourg a couple of weeks ago.
I haven't played tt since I arrived here.
And the odds are not looking good.
For now weekdays I cannot play at all.
On weekends I am free but the guy in ttdaily who lives in luxembourg told me he doesn't know of a place here where they play on weekends.

So is my tt career over? will ma long finally win his grand slam now that I am no longer a serious opposition?
Please share your thoughts.
Also if you know a place in luxembourg or close where I can play on weekends please let me know, you will be rewarded (autographed tshirts, hair samples, etc).

Last edited:
says Ok. If you're interested tell me something. Regards
says Ok. If you're interested tell me something. Regards
May 2013
Read 3 reviews
If you don't find any place there you can try in France or Germany...
I have to travel near 120 km for each training session, so now I only train 1 time a week plus a little bit against a robot or a returning board.
It's sad but we have to adapt...
Good luck and don't give up ;)

Reactions: fais
This user has no status.
Hey man, we can't have you jeopardize Ma Long's chances of winning Gold at the 2016 Olympics now in Rio, now can we?

On a more serious note, if you are forced into taking a hiatus from TT, then take this opportunity to improve other aspects of your game that you wouldn't normally focus on. Cardio + Strength training for one -Run! build your core, legs endurance/stamina... anything you think will give you an edge until another venue opens up for you to get back into it!

Reactions: agold
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
there's a user here who lives in luxembourg.
he named a few clubs but he said he doesn't know any which play on sat/sun.
cool thing is this is not so far from germany, france, belgium.

so in an extreme case I could cross borders to go play.
but really I'd just like to travel as little as possible, just a place to play maybe once a week for now.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
Hey Sebastián,

it seems like you play at a reasonable level, but I have absolutely no idea where to sort you in. You describe your career as professional, so are you a big deal? Help me put things into perspective and I'll tell you, if there is any hope for you to play in a german club near (whatever that term means) to your place.

Just to give you an example: The (currently) best under 18 in Germany is Gerrit Engemann, he plays for TTC GW Bad Hamm (which is a few Kilometers away from my place) in the 3rd division. He performed quite well in the 2015 Croatia Junior & Cadet Open or the Belgium Open.
To play on that level you have to travel quite a lot from Luxembourg if you want to play in Germany.
On the other hand, Gerrit is an exceptional good player. 4th and 5th division clubs might be a lot nearer to you.

If there is any interest to play in a German club, please try to specify your level and the furthest distance you are willing to travel for table tennis.

Cheers,
BLUE

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
I don't really want to play tournaments, just a place where I can go, hit a few balls, play a few matches and that's all.
I don't know my real level and it also depends on how much I train, which right now is absolutely zero.
I'll play anyone who can put the ball in the table.
If I get to play advanced players that's great, if not it's fine too.
From what I see on a map the closest german city is Trier, so that's probably my best bet in germany.
I also see Konz, Igel, Ayl, Saarburg, but they seem to be smaller.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
went to http://www.fltt.lu/
grabbed the email address of every single club and sent a message.
until now they all said the same thing:
we train x and x days of the week, we play championship on saturday, we play tournaments on sunday.

creepy.

first time in my life I'm in a city, a country where if you want to play a saturday there's nowhere to do so.

Last edited: