Introduce yourself to the forum! :)

This user has no status.
Hi everyone. My name is Junting Yu. I am from China.
I started playing TT at the age of 9, with the coaching of my father, haha.
Now I am 22 years old, studying in the university.
I play TT just for fun, and I have never played for a team or club, nor achieved anything.
My favorite TT player is Fan Zhendong.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
I joined the forum a couple of weeks back and I'm really enjoying it. I played in a club between the age of 9 and 14 but then forgot about the fantastic sport for about 23 years until I got injured while competing in veteran athletics (dangerous stuff). A friend in the athletics club tricked me into playing TT in October last year and since then I'm hooked.

I'm currently playing 3-5 hours a week in two different clubs here in Stockholm.

Biggest claim to fame: I managed to hit Magnus Molin (former player in the Swedish national team) in his temple with my racket (yes, there was blood) during a warm up to a game when I was 12.

What I dislike the most with modern TT: Banda is no more. I really miss the Waldi rubbers and the amazing blades.

What I like the most with modern TT: That it's so easy to be an EJ. Can't stop myself and I don't want to either. It probably destroys my gameplay but I couldn't care less.

Secret wish: To be able to handle my J-PEN blade my father brought back from Tokyo 1989. I've refurbished the racket with modern japanese rubbers but I still suck at it using as much as I did 1989.

Last edited:
Reactions: Atas Newton
This user has no status.
First post.

I started playing over a year ago as a way to challenge myself by learning a new sport in my 30s. I've been lurking on this site since then. The complexity of table tennis, the emphasis on technique and (of course) the equipment got me hooked.

I play about 2-3 times a week and receive some coaching - I mix TT in with basketball and boxing. I definitely have more equipment than my level requires and I look forward to doing some reviews on some of them.

If anyone here is based in Moscow, Russia and would like to play or talk about equipment, let me know.

Last edited:
Reactions: yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
I'm 47. Born in Hong Kong, but I immigrated to Holland as a kid due to family reunion in 1978. I started playing it when I was young in the early 80s. A primary school classmate was already a member of a local table tennis association and he introduced me to it. And I became a member of it right away. Later some more classmates became members of it too! I have only played 3 seasons in the competition as an adult. And I've become champion twice with the team. My tt idols back in the days were Jan-Ove Waldner and our Dutch Bettine Vriesekoop. She is my fb connection too. Sadly Eurosport doesn't broadcast tt tournaments often. I've not been playing it for some years now due to work commitments in the evenings during the weekdays. Does anyone know places here in Holland where you can play in the weekends? Preferable in the Amsterdam area or even further. I've been watching some tournaments as a spectator. Like the national Dutch championships with Li Jiao, Li Jie, Barry Wijers, Danny Heister+Daan Sliepen. The WTTC 2011 in Rotterdam was awesome. I went there for 2 days. I've met celebs including Zhang Jike, Ryu Seung Min+Kong Linghui there. Eight years ago I saw Jan-Ove Waldner and Jorgen Persson giving a demonstration in the Dutch town of Hoorn. It was really an impressive show. By the way I use mainly a Stiga blade with Butterfly rubbers.

Last edited:
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Does anyone know places here in Holland where you can play in the weekends? Preferable in the Amsterdam area or even further.

Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum, BorninHKG. My club (an hours' drive away from Amsterdam, traffic permitting) opens on sunday, but in Amsterdam itself you'll find Tempo Team (http://www.ttv-tempoteam.nl) to be an excellent venue, and it's open sunday afternoons as well. I could introduce you through players I know there, but that shouldn't even be necessary.

By the way, Bettine trains a high-level selection at that club. Something to strive for... :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
Hi all, I've meant to post this around 2 months ago but noticed it hasn't posted so....
Hello, New here to the forum my name is Mike from USA about to turn 40 later this year played for a few years "basement" tabletennis as a teenager developed bad habits and now recently joined a club close to home and started to take it more seriously. Looking forward to learning and improving here and meeting likeminded individuals. Total beginner ,possibly early intermediate level.. Blade Butterfly Viscaria FL Tenergy 80BH+fhside.
Occupation Rn in NYC and parenting Other hobbies, Analog photography...

Last edited:
Reactions: Atas Newton
Update: My Viscaria and Tenergy rubbers are way too fast for me as a developing player so it's sitting in my drawer. In the past 3-4 months I've sinced EJ'd my way to 5 ply all wood blades and non-tensor rubbers. Basically slower setups. All shakehand. Right now i've acquired Clipper Classic ST, Stiga Allround CR ST (got this pretty cheap from friend and LOVE IT!) Stiga OC FL Master, handle too thin to my liking so also sitting in drawer. Nittaku Violin Large ST handle love this blade as well! But exchanging for Acoustic LOL!!! DHS Hurricane 1 International Version, a bit heavy for my liking but Love the flared handle and feeling, POWERFUL blade with some loss in control but that's just my technique. I have much more control with the Allround. And lastly STiga ROSEWood XO FLared LEGEND, prefer this handle way more than master, it just arrived and still in box. Rubbers at the moment are Yasaka Mark V FH 2.0, Sriver BH 2.0, H3 NEO commercial 2.15 black H3 National 2.2 40 and H3 Provincial blue sponge 2.15. Whew that was quite a rant! I basically mix and match setups to see which suits me best. Right now my favorite is the Stiga Allround (Which is also the oldest and cheapest of lot, go figure!). I have MORE than enough gear to last a LOOOOONG time but i really just enjoy the whole process of learning about the gear. At the same time though I enjoy playing and practicing just as much. Proud to be a member here and love learning everytime I log in... Thanks guys see you all in the forums....

This user has no status.
Hello to all. My name is Tim, and I just joined this forum. I played for recreation as a kid on poor equipment but still enjoyed it. Now, in midlife and living in Silicon Valley, I am playing daily with engineering co-workers. I am learning proper shakehand technique via friends and youtube and losing a little weight while having fun.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
hello my names is nicolas saint antonin, im french player.
i start play 20 years ago, my best season i was 2150 points in france ( around n°590 french ranking ) ,i has chance can play somes match in national 1 in france ( 3 level ) and i have win somes "good" player ...

too im lucky because i have somes contact with few chinese play and was played on chinese national team... and i help somes player for find club in europe...

im passionate about table tennis, and about equipment... and i read often somes good informations on this forum :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tinykin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
hi my name is vinz, i live vienna, austria. i am 30 years old and i play tt for about 10 years. i play in small club in vienna called Hakoah. i am also a comic and grafic artist and i do a comic about my and my friends table tennis adventures called Herta and Hüne. it´s in german languages but feel free have look: https://vinzschwarzbauer.com/HERTA-HUNE-EPISODE-00 https://vinzschwarzbauer.com/HERTA-HUNE-EPISODE-01 https://vinzschwarzbauer.com/HERTA-HUNE-EPISODE-02
that's a really cool psychedelic style, I like it.

Reactions: vinzbold
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Hi guys. Name's IAN. I used to play when i was a kid. Around ten years old. Way back 1995. I used to play for my school in inter school competitions. Highest achievement was silver in doubles at that stage. And after 3 years got gold in singles. Stopped playing after 5 years in the school team. Then resumed when i got to university and played for my college in intrauniversity competitions. Best result was 4th overall.

I used BTY panasia when i was young. Then i removed the rubber from that blade and put in BTY sriver (red) on FH and sriver fx (black) on BH. After university i stopped playing. (update: did a google search and the premade butterfly paddle i used was from the original "Champ" series, specifically the Champ F-2)

Now after 14 years i am starting again, i took off the dead sriver fx on my bh, surprised to see the sriver was still alive and kicking on my fh, and put on a DHS PF4 40+ on the bh. I also have a penhold blade which is a BTY addoy, i removed the rubber on that and put in more DHS PF4 40+ on both sides.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Hello to all,

Nice to see such a forum for table tennis, happy to be here. I was playing TT in a team in Greece for 4 years, when I was 12-16 years old but I had to stop it, and now, ~30 years after, I started it again as a sport. Back then, I was a DEF player so I would like to continue from this point. I was an intermediate player at that time. Rules, balls, blades, rubbers, style of play etc where very different back then so here I am, as a "newbie" again. Greetings from Greece :)