Introduce yourself to the forum! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Hello all!

1) My name is Bruno, originally from Brazil and currently living near Chicago.
2) I started playing table tennis in 2007. I used to practice 3 or 4 times a week until the beginning of 2014, when I had to stop training. Now I am looking to return to table tennis.
3) I had been playing for a local club in Brazil, currently I am searching for somewhere to practice in the Chicago region.
4) My achivements are limited to regional amateur tournaments, where sometimes I would reach the quarterfinals. Also, there was one time that I won my club's weekend tournament, maybe because some of our best players had another tournament on the same day haha.

It is always a pleasure for me to discuss about skills, strokes, strategy, equipment, pro players, international championships and everything else related to table tennis!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Hello every body and very glad to know the site

RightHandedBoll here!
I am 38 and have been playing for along since i was 20 till 26 but stoped. since then i just play for fun couple of times every couple of months.
I played local and regional in egypt and got some good rating locally. now I plan to come back again to the game and be a good player

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Hello :) I have never played table tennis even once; but will start playing soon just to have some fun. My husband played a lot as he had a table growing up, and he recently made a friend who has a table. He will try to help me learn along with youtube videos probably. So, now just need to get some rackets. :)

says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
Mar 2014
Hey -

I guess it is about time, I become more active on this forum.

1) Introduce yourself to the site: My name is Patrick Hrdlicka. I am a chemistry professor at the University of Idaho and table tennis enthusiast. I am a left-handed all-rounder, using short pips in my BH. Currently preferred blades: Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro BE or Stiga Rosewood NCT VII. FH: H3 Nat'l 40-degree BS or Nittaku H3 Pro Turbo Blue. BH: Spinlord Waran 2 or Nittaku Moristo SP AX.

2) Number of years playing: I played a fair bit as a kid between the ages of 6 and 18 back in my native Denmark. I then took a break from the sport for nearly 20 years playing only very occasionally, while earning my degrees and starting up my research lab. I got back in the game ~5 years ago, and play 3-5 times per week. I don't get to play nearly as many tournaments as I would like to since we live far from major population and TT centers.

3) Club/team play for: Vandals Table Tennis Club, serving as its academic adviser

4) Best achievements: Nothing spectacular. My USATT rating has been hovering between 2100-2200 for the past couple of years. My best results have been in doubles. I won the 2017 US Open for over 40 year olds and finished in the top 16 at 2018 World's Veteran Championships in the 40-44 age bracket.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Hi, I'm Spike - not my real name but it's the nickname I got christened with when I joined the Royal Navy in 1979 and it's kind of stuck ever since. Even my wife calls me Spike. :)

I played for a couple of years at youth clubs until I was 16 and then hardly played at all for the next 40 years, I got back into TT about 18 months ago in a big way and play around 12 hours a week. I'm playing local league on the Isle of Wight in Division 2. Just about keeping my head above water after promotion from Division 3.

I'm currently going through the equipment obsession stage especially rubbers. Having tried a few including: Rakza 7, Rakza 7 soft, Stiga Genesis S, Hurricane 8, Mk5, I settled on Rakza X soft on a Timo Bol Allround blade. Those rubbers are now worn and I'm going to give Rakza 7 Soft another go, they were probably too fast when I first tried them - or maybe curiosity got the better of me. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Anyone can look at my recent post about a dude on his 1st or 2nd post asking about his setup and bash my luvin' head for what I said... ditto on this post if fools hate on me.

I would comment that dudes who come on the forum within their first post or two say hello, who they are, and what they are doing generally turn out to be good folk on the forum.

This post rings of sincereness and luvin' what we do. We all had that excitement starting out.

It also shows a minimum of attention to detail to find the thread intended for the purpose, instead of create another same ole thread. That kind of trait says something.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
1) Some left handed, German physicist.

2) Played as a kid until 18 then paused for 15 years and now back in for about 5 years.

3) Some low German league. Now it's 1 Kreisklasse at least. Somewhere in the Ruhrpott area.

4) Finished the first half of this season without dropping a set. It's scary. Team mates started to call me "the machine". (still just slightly over the 1400 TTR points tho)

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Hey Folks,

1.) Anywhere in the EU
2.) Played a few years as a kid, paused over 10 years and now I am back since 3 years
3.) My second Season in the third lowest league in Germany

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
Hello guys this is my first ever post
1) My name is Amir
2) I play since I was 8 years old and now im 28
3)Nothing right now just doing deep research
4) I have played in several world championships.
5)I studied sport since since high school and did my master degree in Motor control (Human Exercise Science) in Seoul national University.

Would love to talk about the science behind this lovely sport with you.

can find me by amir kamandi in facebook ;)

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
Hello Dear Der_Echt

Thank you for introducing me to thin forum. Yes I would love to have some talk and discussion regarding to the science that how we can improve our skills.

This morning i have received an email from a researcher asking about measuring reaction time in table tennis skills.

Maybe that's a good question that how do you train your reaction time to be a faster player in table tennis?!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Maybe that's a good question that how do you train your reaction time to be a faster player in table tennis?!

Multiball: Like this:

You just need to have that evil guy training you. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
Yeah true multi ball training is a very good way but of course need such a server person hahaha What do you think about fit light or any type of light training for improving decision making and reaction time?

you can search this in YouTube: Fitlight training Table Tennis

sorry i cannot post any link since i have less than 5 posts.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yeah true multi ball training is a very good way but of course need such a server person hahaha What do you think about fit light or any type of light training for improving decision making and reaction time?

you can search this in YouTube: Fitlight training Table Tennis

sorry i cannot post any link since i have less than 5 posts.

I think those are fine. But there are other ways to get something similar. Simple shadow stroke and footwork drills would give some of what is happening there. And random training where you actually have to hit the ball would be better training.

Serve and receive drills, game simulation drills where you have to make the shot selection in real time would be more useful than that.

Here is useful information on training techniques for sports performance in general.

This video is worth watching a few times. What they are explaining, and how training with game simulation and real play simulation and how that trains your decision making while it trains your technique, is well worth understanding. In that video they are calling it "reading and planning."

With the fitlight light, you are responding to the light, but you are not actually adjusting to the actual ball and deciding the actual shot you make; the angle of the racket, the compensation for incoming spin, how you contact the ball etc.

The the Train Ugly video, you sort of have to figure out how to apply it to TT training. But there are so many ways to do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: FastPong
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I guess, to add to this, I remember this video of the CNT players being trained where someone was throwing balls at the ground and the had to foot work to each ball and kick it. It was almost like a cross between TT footwork and soccer. I think that was one that got the feet and the reaction time quicker. It is hard to describe though. And I cannot find the video.

But, in general, those FitLights are getting you to train part of the random element so they are pretty decent as a tool.

Last edited:
Reactions: FastPong