Introduce yourself to the forum! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021
Hello everybody, and greetings from NJ, USA.

My name is Raegen and I'm 47 years old. Thank you very much for adding me to your community! I have been looking for a table tennis forum, and came across this one after watching the TTD Team Knockout Tournament 2020 video on your YouTube Channel.

Prior to the Pandemic, I was playing in a county dart league twice a week. And then about 6 months ago, I picked up a bat for the first time in around 30 years, and instantly fell in love with the game. I played all throughout my adolescent years, and have always enjoyed it very much. No official competitions or anything, just matches with friends and family. My buddy recently got a table, and we have been having weekly games at his place. Currently the owner of the table and myself are pretty evenly matched, and seem to be a bit better than the other two people that play with us. We are all very much beginners though.

My table tennis goals are pretty simple:
1. Purchase a custom bat (There are so many options available, this is proving to be a challenge. I have been doing a lot research though, and I might be close to a decision)
2. Take some lessons (Right now my practice consists of pushing my kitchen table against a wall and hitting the ball. Not ideal, and hard to practice proper technique)
3. Dominate my garage game (And possibly find a club to play at, once the country opens up again)

Thanks again for the add, and taking the time to read this.

Hi, welcome.
I used to play darts at the local pub. The key was enough amount of beers, not to many then your game went down the drain...

I did like you I used to play very seriously as a youth in the 70’s. So for me it wasn’t too hard to get going.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021
Hi, welcome.
I used to play darts at the local pub. The key was enough amount of beers, not to many then your game went down the drain...

I did like you I used to play very seriously as a youth in the 70’s. So for me it wasn’t too hard to get going.

Cheers
L-zr

Thanks for the welcome Lazer!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 2 reviews
Hi, my name is Nicky and I thought I'd introduce myself. Im 18 Y.O - born 2003 - and a very enthustiastic table tennis player. I started playing when I was 10 and have played regularly ever since then. At the moment I practice about 4 times a week - 2h/training. After Covid is over I might start training atleast 5 times a week.

We haven't had any league matches for about a year now here in Sweden, except for the bigger leagues but I play Div 3:) I've played 2 Swedish Championships for U15 and U17 but only got to the knockout rounds.

My goals : Keep playing as much as I can. Make more table tennis content.

I thought it might be interesting to some to see my "table tennis life" so I made an Instagram account and even a Youtube channel with a friend who I regularly train with. Right now I'm posting mostly highlight clips from my practices with Richard but even other fun content that you'll have to check out. I've posted gluing and boosting videos and i'm planning on making more content of table tennis equipment, reviews and tutorials. When we can start playing tournaments I'll definetly start posting clips from that aswell.

INSTAGRAM : @nickytabletennis https://www.instagram.com/nickytabletennis/
YOUTUBE : Table Tennis Sweden

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Hi.i am Rui from Portugal and I have been playing ping pong for many years. I would be glad to learn from you.
Thanks

Reactions: yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021
HI! I started table tennis in september 2019, I'm french and I'm 13 years old. With covid 19 I could train only 8 or 9 month in all. I play in competition too in france, Table tennis is my passion and I love it. Sorry for my english I'm an adolescent ;)) My favourites players is wang chuqin, fan zhendong, and Simon Gauzy! ;) I play with tsp euro All+ and yougshine rubber boosted with seamoon!

says Currently in a dilemma between 5+2 or 7 ply allwood blade
says Currently in a dilemma between 5+2 or 7 ply allwood blade
May 2021
1) Introduce yourself to the site
2) Number of years playing
3) Club/team play for
4) Best achievements
5) Ect
I'm from Indonesia, I'm 29 years old.

I've played from 2012, but during 2016 until mid 2021 I stopped playing, and decided to play/train again in spare time. Due to pandemic, there's too many spare time 😂

I'm a hobbyist with minimal participation in tounaments, I mostly play for fun, which 'fun' unfortunately means better strokes, better footwork, better ball quality 🤣

currently being confused whether keep using inverted, or back to short pips on the backhand like before I stopped playing, since I have a tendency to whack/slap balls (not the opponent's, and of course not mine 🤣) when they come to the backhand side, even in mid-distance from the table, and coaches who used to coach me got different opinion.

Some says better inverted since I actually can play with it. Flicks, opening loops, and of course whack the ball 😋

On the other side, some prefer my playstyle when using short pips which cause more pressure and trouble to the opponent due to some unexpected strokes I frequently did, and of course not forgotten to mention the whacking all the way 🤪

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Hi everyone
My name is Dimitri and I live in Melbourne Australia. I started playing table tennis in my teens and played for about 5 years. Together with 2 friends from high school we formed a team and started playing in the local comp. We achieved B grade level and were more than competitive against our clubs A graders.
I took table tennis very seriously and trained a minimum 3 times a week. After high school we all went our separate ways and my involvement with table tennis ceased. I started playing football and didn't pick up a table tennis bat until this year some 30 odd years later. I used to play with a Stiga all wood bat with Yasaka Mark V on FH and BH. Having decided to get back into TT I decided to upgrade my equipment. I have a TT store very close to my home so I paid them a visit and ended up buying a DHS 301 bat with DHS Hurricane 8 rubber on both sides. Once I started playing again it didn't take long to get back into the swing of it and I realized now how much I missed playing. I'm so happy to have come across this forum with like minded individuals and look forward to engaging in the discussions and getting to know you all better.
cheers
Dimitri

Reactions: wheelbuilder
says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
I started playing TT in high school recreationally, without any coaching. It was just fellow students and I horsing around at the canteen TT table during recess. It is what you westerner would say: garage or basement player type.

I continued this trend even in college, also playing at the cafeteria TT table during recess or in between class. When I reach my early twenties and started my adult working life, I too play recreationally at a factory cafeteria where I used to work with those blue collar assembly line workers whereas I worked as a finance executive.

After I left that job, I had never touch a TT racquet until I reached my forties and during that time I have became a balding, obese and of completely poor fitness middle-aged family man. I decided to do something about it which prompted me to restart TT seriously by signing up with a proper ITTF certified coach to formally teach me the proper TT techniques.

Fast forward a few years later and I am enjoying a more muscular, fitter and leaner me who is possessed of better reflexes. Thank you to my younger self for taking the step to create a healthier me now.

Thank you for your listening to my life-story.

Last edited:
Reactions: SamTheMan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2021
Hey there, my name is Louis an admin for StreetTT, a global street tournament allowing any player to input their results, from any match, against anyone, on any table. I have been playing since I was in my early teens but I started playing very frequently 3 years ago. I have played for clubs in the UK, in London and Letchworth Garden City, now I predimonantly play on the streets. Best achievements have been facilitating citywide street tournaments in Barcelona, London, Cambridge and York this 2021 and in doing so, working with many communities and amazing people. Besides being a TT addict, I love video editing and since working within StreetTT I have been fortunate to record some incredible street and pro players in different countries. I am really excited to discover the TableTennisDaily forums and to meet you!

Best wishes 🤗

Louis

Reactions: Manto76
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Read 1 reviews
Hey guys,
i am Nam Do and i also have a Youtube channel- all about table tennis. My Youtube channel
I have only been in contact mostly with the German table tennis community and just found out that TTD has a very active forum.
I will always try to contribute to push table tennis' image all over the world :D

I have seen a lot of your videos. You have really good content! I just wish you would have english subtitles on all your videos.